Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Holladay Contest
Cyclops Offline

Holladay Contest
There will be a non-KCBS qualifier on Sept. 17th. and 18th. in Holladay Utah.
This event is sponsored by the IMBBQA to benefit the fire department in Holladay. Registration forms and event details can be found at <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.imbbqa.com">www.imbbqa.com</a><!-- w -->
This event will be a qualifier for the 2011 season.

Life Is A Team Sport
08-26-2010 06:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Re: Holladay Contest
I can't get into the IMBBQA site.

So I'd like to register a protest that they are restricting entry to this competition!

There are several Managing members who have also expressed that they are not able to register and therefore there is no way to access the entry forms.

I'll have to contact the relevant committee about a restricted contest.

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
08-26-2010 09:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bwinther Offline
Managing Member

I agree with Chris. This is a qualifier but as of now there is a restriction on which teams can participate due to signing up for the event. It is my understanding that all events that are elligible for the Jack draw need to be open for all teams.

Brian

Brian

HQO
Gotta have it
2013 Utah's Representative to the Jack Daniel's World Championship Invitational BBQ Competition
KCBS Certified Judge
Managing Member
08-27-2010 08:41 AM
Gumbo Offline

SoEzzy Wrote:I can't get into the IMBBQA site.

So I'd like to register a protest that they are restricting entry to this competition!

There are several Managing members who have also expressed that they are not able to register and therefore there is no way to access the entry forms.

I'll have to contact the relevant committee about a restricted contest.

I got in fine. Just go to imbbqa.com, go to the forums link, and click the banner advertisement. After the last MM fiasco do you really think the IMBBQA group would limit participants? In my opinion that's the whole reason they started that group--to get away from that kind of childish behavior. In fact, I'd be willing to bet they'd love nothing more for you and your MM cohorts to participate. Isn't that what BBQ is all about? Get the chip off your shoulder and go cook.
08-27-2010 10:18 AM
Gumbo Offline

If any of you will be in Craig, CO for the competition, stop by and see any of the IMBBQA folks and say hi. They'd probably love to chat and would gladly give you a registration form.

If anyone is having technical issues, PM me your email address and I'll gladly email you an entry form. I'm just eager to move past all this childish bickering.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with the IMBBQA, though I do participate on their forum as I do on this one.
08-27-2010 10:33 AM
bwinther Offline
Managing Member

There are many of us UTBBQA Managing Members who have been blocked from joining the IMBBQA forums thus we can't register and thus we are blocked from competing in this event.

Brian

Brian

HQO
Gotta have it
2013 Utah's Representative to the Jack Daniel's World Championship Invitational BBQ Competition
KCBS Certified Judge
Managing Member
08-27-2010 02:40 PM
tsawyer148 Offline

Maybe I'm missing something, but it doesn't look like you have to register or sign in to click on the banner and see the entry form.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.imbbqa.com/docs/2010_FirehouseBBQEntryForm.pdf">http://www.imbbqa.com/docs/2010_Firehou ... ryForm.pdf</a><!-- m -->

DUDE!! Was that you???

KCBS CBJ# 59086
08-27-2010 02:53 PM
Gumbo Offline

bwinther Wrote:There are many of us UTBBQA Managing Members who have been blocked from joining the IMBBQA forums thus we can't register and thus we are blocked from competing in this event.

Brian

Hi Brian, this contradicts what I've been told. So I checked with one of their organizers and here's what I was told:

Just for the record, the IMBBQA does not now, nor have we ever banned or blocked anyone from joining our forum. Any and all UBBQA members are welcome.

I suspect that their registration confirmation went to their spam folder. The sign-up page tells them to check their spam if they don't receive the confirmation.

Just FYI for you and for them.

I know when I registered it went to my Junk E-Mail folder in Outlook. I hope this helps.
08-27-2010 05:17 PM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

tsawyer148 Wrote:Maybe I'm missing something, but it doesn't look like you have to register or sign in to click on the banner and see the entry form.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.imbbqa.com/docs/2010_FirehouseBBQEntryForm.pdf">http://www.imbbqa.com/docs/2010_Firehou ... ryForm.pdf</a><!-- m -->

You are correct, after someones attention, (I don't know who that is some I'm not throwing names), it was opened up to be accessible, for which I am grateful, prior to that it needed to be accessed from inside the forum and to get into the forum you needed to be a registered user.

On the Utah BBQ Association forum, Guests are able to read and interact with the documents and PayPal forms, so non forum members are able at access these things, and don't need to have access to post in order to have access to contests.

FYI to Gumbo, I still haven't been able to get on, and I understand others from out of state are having or at least were having the same difficulties as of last Friday evening.

Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
08-30-2010 04:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pitmaster Offline

I was able to get in just fine and have printed off and sent in an application. It should be a fun cook. Actually- any cook is a fun cook!! I just love the comeraderie of the BBQ family and have found the fact that we cheer for each other as we compete a wonderful aspect of BBQ and a tremendous show of sportsmanship. Let's try to continue this "off the field".
Rob

Rob Harding
KCBS Certified Judge
http://www.pitmaster-bbq.com
rob@pitmaster-bbq.com
Smokin' on an Austin National Smoker, Brinkmann Professional COS, Man-Weber (27in) & Girl-Weber (22.5in),No Joker Smoker (Drum Smoker)
08-30-2010 09:14 PM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Pitmaster Wrote:I was able to get in just fine and have printed off and sent in an application. It should be a fun cook. Actually- any cook is a fun cook!! I just love the comeraderie of the BBQ family and have found the fact that we cheer for each other as we compete a wonderful aspect of BBQ and a tremendous show of sportsmanship. Let's try to continue this "off the field".
Rob

Good, I'm happy you were able to print it off.

08-31-2010 12:03 AM