Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2nd ANNUAL ROCK N' RIBS RESULTS
Pegleg Offline

Re: 2nd ANNUAL ROCK N' RIBS RESULTS
I want to thank all of you for all of your kind words and comments and I really appreciate all of you for your friendship and support. There was alot of work put into this and it was very much a team effort. Joe and T both put in alot of time behind the scenes, each in their own capacity to get it to this point. Everywhere I went someone was always offering me water, a seat and a willing hand you all are amazing. Thanks to the judges who came early to help get the area set up and for taking your time out of your day. When Joe called and asked me to be on the board I was shocked to say the least but I am very grateful for the opportunity. All of you in this organization are the cream of the crop -- it doesn't get any better than this. Our family looks forward to every event because we enjoy associating with all of you and the main reason is because you have such a positive effect on them. Our son took the day off to come up and help, he couldn't understand why we enjoyed it so much until now. They say it takes a village to raise a child, well -- you are that village. There is no one in this world that are a better influence on our kids than all of you. After one competition the two girls commented that the person they marry better like barbecue or the deals off. All I can say is THANK YOU!!!! You are the the best there is!! I really want to thank my mentors T & Joe for allowing me and my family to be part of this incredibly wonderful family -- we are truly blessed!!

Very Sincerely,

Lyle
08-28-2007 04:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
timpanist1 Offline

Re: 2nd ANNUAL ROCK N' RIBS RESULTS
Hey everyone,

I had a wonderful time judging the event and meeting the local folks here with Utah BBQ Association. Great bunch of people, great judges and a well run event. It was only my 2nd opportunity to judge, having just taken the KCBS class this past June in Frisco, Colo.

Also have to say that although there were half as many teams here as in the Colo. state championship, the Que I judged was considerably better here.

BTW, several people from my workplace would be very interested in taking the next local KCBS judging class. We're just keeping our fingers crossed (considering our bizarre, ever changing work schedule) that it falls on one of our nights-off.

Thanks again. Shirley and I had a fabulous time!

George Brown
08-29-2007 09:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  1st Annual Coalville Pig-Out BBQ Competition Results SoEzzy 23 4,261 07-10-2012 07:02 PM
Last Post: Rod Livingston
  Rock n Ribs explanation. T 0 666 04-30-2012 11:07 AM
Last Post: T
  Rock N Ribs 2011 Steve in Denver 2 1,967 08-22-2011 10:48 PM
Last Post: Steve in Denver