Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
D.O. legend passes away
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

D.O. legend passes away
For all you D.O. folks, we have lost a legend. Val Cowley of Logan passed away yesterday afternoon. He taught thousands of folks the mysteries? of cooking in these blakpots. Val, Marie and their 3 sons fed and instructed classes from Idaho to Vernal and points in between. They authored three great D.O. cookbooks also. Val, you are a great friend and shall be missed :cry:
06-26-2007 07:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

Re: D.O. legend passes away
Gene - My condolences on the passing of your friend... Never met or really even knew anything about him - but obviously he was quite talented and devoted to his passion... And that is always a great loss, regardless of the field of interest/endeavor... My sympathies and prayers to his wife and family as well...
06-26-2007 10:26 AM
Quote this message in a reply
sampson Offline
Posting Freak

Well that just sucks... but having met and visited with Val several times while taking his son's DO class last fall, I'm confident that he won't be "resting in peace" but rather raising cain in heaven, showing our Heavenly Father how to stack ovens and cooking some danged fine food for everyone there... Val will be sorely missed by our community, characters like him are few and far between! My sympathies to all who knew and loved him.

Rockin' on two 22.5 WSM's, a GOSM gasser and missing them old drums...
KCBS Member and CBJ
Biggest (pound for pound) BBQ Fan in Utah
Two Time!! Grand Champion @ My Backyard Picnic Annual Cookoff
06-26-2007 10:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

I'd like to think that heaven needs some good cooks. Condolences for a fellow epicurian and his family. I always tend to land on the side of celebrating life rather than mourning loss. Our prayers are with his family and friends.

Godspeed,
John
06-26-2007 10:48 PM
Quote this message in a reply