Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fire Water & Ice BBQ & Dutch Oven Challenge
T Offline
Posting Freak

Re: Fire Water & Ice BBQ & Dutch Oven Challenge
Yo guy's thanks for the come back on the generators. I still might be able to get a sponcer to donate one, but if they don't it looks as if we may have it covered. Spoke with a few of the cooks off line and they seem excited for the month of August to get here. From no cooks to mooooocho cooks way to go Utah. It's all about the Q baby!

keep it low-n-slow " T "

UTAH SMOKE
COMPETITION
BBQ TEAM

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.q4u.com">www.q4u.com</a><!-- w -->
06-17-2007 11:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sampson Offline
Posting Freak

Hey, Dave... that pork sammich cook got delayed due to snow... go figure. We ended up going up into the mountains and pulling the whole boyscout troop out of the middle of a snow storm on June 5th. So now I have 6 nice butts waiting for me to practice on them... got some catching up to do on some of you "old dudes"

Rockin' on two 22.5 WSM's, a GOSM gasser and missing them old drums...
KCBS Member and CBJ
Biggest (pound for pound) BBQ Fan in Utah
Two Time!! Grand Champion @ My Backyard Picnic Annual Cookoff
06-17-2007 03:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
T Offline
Posting Freak

Yo Dave, have you had any feed back from any of the Idaho cooks yet? I know after we annouce the prize money it should get the bees stirring.
Will be posting soon.

keep it low-n-slow " T "

UTAH SMOKE
COMPETITION
BBQ TEAM

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.q4u.com">www.q4u.com</a><!-- w -->
06-21-2007 01:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

Hey T ! I have four ready to roll, now that I HAVE THE TIME I will re-visit that task!

Later

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
And yes... I hate Brett Favre
06-21-2007 03:40 PM
Unregistered

T;p="4959 Wrote:Yo Dave, have you had any feed back from any of the Idaho cooks yet?
I'm down like three coats of paint! :wink:

John
06-21-2007 05:08 PM
Quote this message in a reply
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

Yo T make that 6 "spuds" from Idaho! Attention Utah!! :twisted: GUARD YOUR BOARDERS! We are bring'n our game!....... along with the sour cream & chives :lol: :lol:

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
06-23-2007 09:23 AM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Yo, Dave,
Bring down a sack of those Idaho taters, big uns' if you would, with the S.C. and chives, we'll have the Traegers set @ 350 and the butter ready. BBQ and Idaho spuds, with a mix of good folks tossed in. How can one beat that? Big Grin Big Grin
Gene
06-24-2007 03:56 PM
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

Who is up for a pot luck Sat.pm? Gene I will bring the taters, but I think Slow Joe has a kicker on cook'n them in his Pellet Pooper, What else you going to put in it? Biskets?:lol: :cry: Sorry Joe had to get that in there.I my self will do a traditional Green Bay tailgaters throwdown! Johnsonville brats swimming in beer and onoins! So who is in?? Reply back with your choice of a dish!

Later Gents

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
06-24-2007 11:10 PM
T Offline
Posting Freak

Is this for Saturday while we are waiting for the fire works display? If so I might be able to make some shrimp gumbo if your a nice "Brat"!

keep it low-n-slow " T "

UTAH SMOKE
COMPETITION
BBQ TEAM

06-25-2007 09:40 PM
Unregistered

I can do a mess of yard bird (chicken) wings, if y'all are interested.

John
06-25-2007 10:57 PM
Z Offline

Count me in for a 6 pack and half a dozen chicks in tight shorts! Unless you can think of anything tastier.... j/k

We'll bring some Last Call Jalapenos, which are the bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos.

Z and April

"Put your barbeque where your mouth is"
06-25-2007 11:42 PM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Did someone say Johnsonville? I'm on that big time.
06-26-2007 04:28 AM
sampson Offline
Posting Freak

Put us down for some dessert kinda thing... Is there an entry form for this thing yet??? And just an FYI, I spent the afternoon with T and lame duck Gary. I say we just give the chicken category to T right now. The thighs that he put out for us today were just the shizz man, with a sauce to die for. Gary and I just sat there licking the sauce from the bottom of the pan...

Rockin' on two 22.5 WSM's, a GOSM gasser and missing them old drums...
KCBS Member and CBJ
Biggest (pound for pound) BBQ Fan in Utah
Two Time!! Grand Champion @ My Backyard Picnic Annual Cookoff
06-26-2007 10:32 PM
Unregistered

Please pardon my SLC-area ignorance, but would this event be family-friendly? I don't mean that in the moral sense, although that is very important, but more in the lodging sense. Is there any lodging within a reasonable distance? My wife and daughters would like to attend, but they are fond of real beds and bathroom facilities.

Thanks,
John
06-26-2007 10:43 PM
Pegleg Offline

John,

There are places to stay nearby, please check out the link. I did run on CitySearch and found nine hotels about four miles away from the Kearns Oquirrh Park. I don't blame them at all, if the toilets don't flush, I don't camp either.

Hotel Search

Lyle Earl
KCBS Certified Judge
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark ---- professionals built the Titanic.
06-27-2007 08:43 AM
T Offline
Posting Freak

Yo John, Yes the event is family friendly. If you look at my original post you will see on the fl yer that the event is in it's ninth successful year witch makes it great for us to join in. There are plenty of activities for the girls on Saturday concluding with a Fire works display that evening. The Comfort Inn will be offering our out of town competitors a special rate on rooms. It is located next to the E Center off of I-215. Accomodations on this side are desired. We are talking of a shuttle service to be used at assigned times. Bathrooms are available. We should be posting more info here soon, a lot going on in a short time period. Take care bro.

keep it low-n-slow " T "

UTAH SMOKE
COMPETITION
BBQ TEAM

06-27-2007 09:01 AM
Unregistered

Thanks for the help guys. I should have re-read your original post, T. I apologize for that.

It sounds like it will be a great time.

John
06-27-2007 10:34 AM
T Offline
Posting Freak

If all of you have been itchin to cook as I have, well man let's get ur done. Around a year ago after we did the Sam's Club competition where those of you that judged met my good friend Chad Rutledge. I proposed to him the idea of Sam's sponsoring a major cook off. Well he is no longer with Sam's, but he opted along with another two friends Jason Badell and Debbie Brown to help make this happen. The whole thing is like a dream come true. The facility is primo and already in place. I attended a meeting last week where the proposal was made, and people came on board. I went to another meeting today and the whole thing is now in stone. A special thanks to Steve Cook who is a great guy and is the Festival Director stepped up and offered the facility, thanks again Steve. We will continue to keep you informed on the progress, and to let you know about the entry fee and registration and more details. August 10,11 are the dates and no joke guy's it's a go. KCBS rules apply. 10,000 people attend this event yearly and it's the ninth year. There will also be a Dutch Oven Competition as well, I have already asked Roger B. to head up that part of the competition. The Dutch Oven portion will consist of no more than 15 teams as requested by Roger. The first 15 registered will be able to play. The BBQ teams have no limit. Spread the word and let's make it happen big. Next year this event will be sanctioned. I will continue to do some ground work as far as the organizing as we get things close I will turn it over to Joe, because I gotta cook!!! The prize money is still being worked on, but I'll tell you this, it will be substantial! <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://kopfc.com/Pages/SpecialIndexPages/FireWaterIce.html">http://kopfc.com/Pages/SpecialIndexPage ... erIce.html</a><!-- m -->

keep it low-n-slow " T "

UTAH SMOKE
COMPETITION
BBQ TEAM

06-28-2007 08:41 PM
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

Hey T?? Is it possible to get a Govenor's Proclamation? And make it a qualifier?? Or is it only one per state?
My understanding is, a first time event with different sponsorship(than any other event in the state) can be a qualifier with 15 teams??? But I have been wrong before :lol:
Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
06-28-2007 10:28 PM
T Offline
Posting Freak

Yo Dave, this time my friend your right. From what my understanding is that an event doesn't need to be KCBS sanctioned to be a "qualifier" for the big three. For a first year cookoff what they require is: 15 cooking teams and a Gov. Proclamation. 2nd year and beyound: 25 cooks with proclamation. Thanks Kate.

keep it low-n-slow " T "

UTAH SMOKE
COMPETITION
BBQ TEAM

06-30-2007 10:09 AM
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

And I quote! " FOR THE FIRST TIME I WAS RIGHT" ????????????:roll: Glad we talked on the phone before I saw this one :wink:

Love you too T

Dave

Ps Get The Proc!!! I have my bags packed for the "JACK"!!!!! Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
06-30-2007 03:12 PM
Unregistered

Given the '07 cutoff date, it would be an '08 qualifier, correct?

John
07-01-2007 12:36 AM
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

Yes, that is correct. For this years big three, the cut off is the last weekend of July.

Later Gents

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
07-01-2007 10:30 AM
SlowJoes Offline
Spuds BBQ Co

What's wrong Dave Ol' buddy? Up late last night yelling at the girls to be quiet and go to sleep?
I think you may be looking at an older calender as the last weekend of July is about 4 weeks from today Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
See ya later today,

Joe,
Spud's BBQ Co.
07-01-2007 11:11 AM
SlowJoes Offline
Spuds BBQ Co

What the He!! Dave!!! Why ya gotta go fixin things in your post's?

Joe,
Spud's BBQ Co.
07-01-2007 11:15 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dutch Oven "U" Larry Jacobs 3 1,272 03-07-2011 01:16 PM
Last Post: bud-wie-ser
  Fire Water & Ice Venue WOW!! PackerBacker 6 1,838 08-04-2007 11:27 AM
Last Post: Pegleg