Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Digital Thermometer at Ikea
Pegleg Offline

Digital Thermometer at Ikea
My wife and I got brave and went to IKEA last week, while browsing through kitchen gadgets (my favorite place) we came across this thermometer. I ran the probe through the top vent of my WSM and stuck it in a half of potato and it works great!! I paid $6.99 for it, check out the link for the specs, it has a timer and also a temperature alarm. I think I'm going to go pick up a couple more.

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/se...r=80100406

Lyle Earl
KCBS Certified Judge
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark ---- professionals built the Titanic.
06-10-2007 06:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sampson Offline
Posting Freak

Re: Digital Thermometer at Ikea
You got to be kidding, $6.99!!! I paid ten times that for the one I just got a our local "specialty store"... Is it even close to accurate? If so I'll make the trip from Logan just for that. Well as long as I'm there I may have to stop by this little joint on 5400 South... Q4me or something like that

Rockin' on two 22.5 WSM's, a GOSM gasser and missing them old drums...
KCBS Member and CBJ
Biggest (pound for pound) BBQ Fan in Utah
Two Time!! Grand Champion @ My Backyard Picnic Annual Cookoff
06-20-2007 10:43 PM
Pegleg Offline

Yo Sampson,
I work in Salt Lake, I'm picking up several more for me early next week. I've gotta cook some briskets at a family reunion in Colorado on a (gasp) propane cooker I know nothing about. I figured on placing a few around the grate so I can keep a better eye on the temp. If you want, I can grab you a couple, then all you gotta do is stop by the house in Ogden. The only down side to that is the ribs from Q4US doesn't come with the bargin, unless of course you're buying!! Tongue If Hawkey can get Adams Ribs from Chicago, we can certainly get T's ribs from Kearns!! Big Grin

I just noticed it says the thermometer only reaches up to temperatures of 266 degrees. I never cook higher than that but just in case, my polder plugs into it just fine. Heck, the extra probe is worth the seven bucks.

Lyle Earl
KCBS Certified Judge
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark ---- professionals built the Titanic.
06-21-2007 08:23 AM
sampson Offline
Posting Freak

Thanks a bunch for the offer, but I gotta go to SLC soon anyhows, and I'm looking for some office furniture so I might as well make the trip on down that aways... and the no ribs things, well that just kills the deal, that is unless you were going to have the q fired up and then we could probably just stop by to visit for awhile...

Rockin' on two 22.5 WSM's, a GOSM gasser and missing them old drums...
KCBS Member and CBJ
Biggest (pound for pound) BBQ Fan in Utah
Two Time!! Grand Champion @ My Backyard Picnic Annual Cookoff
06-21-2007 12:25 PM
Tayster Offline

PegLeg, nice M*A*S*H reference. Lately at work I've been quoting M*A*S*H like crazy. It drives my co-workers nuts when I just look at them and say, "Ahhhhhh, Bach."

Anyway, I had to laugh at the Adam's Ribs reference.

Thanks.

p.s. Samson, I live less than a mile from Q4U. I drive past it twice every day - once when going to work and the other coming home from work - and I think you make it out there more than I do. That's a sad commentary on my part.

If a cow ever got the chance, he'd eat you and everyone you care about!
06-26-2007 11:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

I too remember that MASH episode where they got the ribs and through out the whole show they were anticipating the arrival and when they were delivered, yup, called to the O.R. Funny indeed.
06-26-2007 05:21 PM
Pegleg Offline

We have been collecting the episodes on DVD and our kids can sit for hours and watch them. What's even funnier is, much like Tayster, they quote lines all the time and it drives my wife crazy. I'm taking a classical music course in college right now and I've heard that Bach line way too many times from them. Meanwhile, back to BBQ, I'm going to pick up a couple of those thermometers later this week -- if anyone up North would like me to snag them one I would be happy to. Crashpilot, we're going through Rock Springs on the 5th of July and I can meet you off the freeway somewhere -- (I figure that every little bit helps)!! If anyone is interested just send me a private message and let me know.

Lyle Earl
KCBS Certified Judge
06-26-2007 06:49 PM
no1plumber Offline
Banned

I went down to Ikia the other day. What a waste of time. I don't know what I was expecting but after hearing all the hype and the people camping out for a week to get in. I just don't know what to say. My mom always said "If you can't say any thing nice don't say any thing at all." And thats all I have to say about that.

I didn't see any of the thermometers. I don't see how anyone could find anything in that store. I hope it works good for you. It sounds like a great price.
06-27-2007 07:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply