Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Backyard and main contest??
elkski Offline

Backyard and main contest??
Just wondering about these backyard contests??
I might consider competing in one of these back yard events.
I am not talking smack in any way.
I did see where the turn in times and judges were different at the Fire Water & ice event.
I think I would be more inclined to do this if the turn in times were the same and the judges were the same and we could get scored next to he big dogs.
Otherwise how would this possible help you improve to where you might want to compete with the big dogs.
I guess then some would say basically it is a 2 meat turn in main event and so maybe there should be a special entry fee for those that want to do that instead of the backyard category.
See what happens when I go to thinking.
ELK
08-23-2010 09:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Re: Backyard and main contest??
elkski Wrote:I might consider competing in one of these back yard events.
I am not talking smack in any way.

Good get yourself out there we'd love to have you join the cooks.

elkski Wrote:I did see where the turn in times and judges were different at the Fire Water & ice event.
I think I would be more inclined to do this if the turn in times were the same and the judges were the same and we could get scored next to he big dogs.

Turn in times are different especially at the majority of contests as the backyard division is run by the organizers and not but the sanctioning body, the judges for the main event are the sanctioning bodies responsibility, the backyard and kids que are often certified judges too, but those contests are not run by the sanctioning body as they charge for the privilege!

elkski Wrote:Otherwise how would this possible help you improve to where you might want to compete with the big dogs.
I guess then some would say basically it is a 2 meat turn in main event and so maybe there should be a special entry fee for those that want to do that instead of the backyard category.
See what happens when I go to thinking.
ELK

The easiest method of getting what you want on this deal is come out and cook the two of the four meats you want to cook as a pro division cook, but please let folks know that you're only planning on cooking 2 out of 4, because if you are included in the Pro division and they are counting on you to make the contest a qualifier, if you join the Pro division and then don't cook the 4 meats you can drop it from a qualifier to not being a qualifier, and folks aren't fond of that happening! Tongue

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
08-23-2010 10:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Cedar City Utah Backyard Barbecue Contest Oct 29, 2010 tsawyer148 17 3,989 10-05-2010 10:44 AM
Last Post: tsawyer148