Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Smoker Trailer For Sale $2,499 OBO
DanK Offline

Smoker Trailer For Sale $2,499 OBO
Custom made smoker trailer. It has gas piped to the fire box for starting your favorite wood and to a burner for frying fish or cooking beans. The cooking surface measures 29"x60" and consists of 3 removable angle iron framed expanded metal (nice for cleanup). The fire box measures 24x24x20. Notice that the smoke stack is on the same end as the fire box, there is a 8" pipe that moves the smoke from the fire box to the far end of the smoker. This serves two purposes; even heat distribution and water smoking. The bottom of the smoker can be filled with water to produce steam for extended cooking. The water is evacuated with a 3" valve on the bottom which is nice for cleanup as well. The trailer is 4' wide inside and about 5.5' wide outside to outside. The overall length is 14' from the tongue to end. I put a new axle, hubs and bearings on it last year. We just moved here from Texas and just don't have the crowd to cook for anymore. This smoker is perfect for competition or company morale.
05-01-2007 09:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

Re: Smoker Trailer For Sale $2,499 OBO
Nice looking smoker, DanK... Wish I was in the market, but unfortunately I 'm not... But this looks like a real nice deal for someone wanting to "move up" from a smaller smoker... Welcome to Utah and the UBBQA... Where did you move here from in Texas? I'm from Lubbock, although I spent about 20 years in Dallas before moving out here 10 years ago... Hope you will consider smoking with us from time to time even if you sell your big rig...
05-01-2007 01:13 PM
Quote this message in a reply
DanK Offline

We moved here from just north of Houston, Magnolia. Sounds like a good time just let me know when and where.
05-01-2007 01:38 PM
Unregistered

I would have guessed either near Houston or East Texas from the photos... Certainly not West Texas!! :lol:

Well, here are a few things on the schedule as of right now...

Some of us (cooks, judges) are going up to near Logan for a "Spring Warm-Up" on May 18-19... Hyrum Lake State Park to be exact... 4 meat "contest" of sorts (beef brisket, pork butt, pork ribs, chicken)... Not sanctioned, but will follow KCBS rules... $50 entry if you want to "compete"... After that, we might see a "cook" of sorts in May/June if "T" (who owns "Q4U" restaurant down in SLC, and who is also a Board Member of the UBBQA) has a couple of "friends" to town... "T" is a Que legend around here - not to mention being a pretty great fellow!! (he has ties to Texas as well...)

After that I expect we might see a "cook" up here in Park City just for fun (maybe June, July sometime)... Idaho State Championship is in late June in Boise, and several from here will go do that (judge or cook)... Utah State Championship is in late August down in SLC... Most of these contests are KCBS (if you haven't already gathered)...

And then there looks like there is some serious interest shaping up for yet another contest up here in PC for the first weekend in October... Was invited to a meeting last week regarding an event they had up here last year (kid's charity event, with bands, chili cook-off, etc) and they are considering adding a BBQ contest very possibly... Should know a little more about that real soon and will post as soon as I do know more...
05-01-2007 06:09 PM
DanK Offline

The listed price is negotiable. I want to sell it this month. I am located in Salt Lake so if you want to have a look at it give me a call on my cell. 281-744-5350
05-02-2007 01:45 PM
DanK Offline

SOLD
05-14-2007 09:17 AM
Unregistered

Good deal, Dan! Hope we still get to still meet you before long!!...

And congrats to the new owner as well!!! Looks like you just got yourself a real nice smoker...
05-14-2007 07:54 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  NEW Pro Style trailer smokers For sale or rent! PigPimping.com 4 1,155 04-20-2013 05:36 PM
Last Post: SoEzzy
  KSL Trailer Smoker StephenWilson 3 978 11-19-2012 06:20 PM
Last Post: Big Johnson's BBQ
  Cabella's Smoker Trailer StephenWilson 2 758 09-20-2012 04:36 PM
Last Post: T