Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Good chicken to compliment brisket?
mandeekins Offline

Good chicken to compliment brisket?
Hi guys...I'm new here! I posted as a guest back in August about getting a grill for a wedding. Well, plans have since changed and my dad is just bringing the brisket from Texas...yay! However, I can't serve just brisket, so I've been racking my brain trying to think of a good kind of chicken to serve. Any suggestions? I'd really love to find a great place to just get the chicken already done from that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg!

The menu so far is brisket, West Texas pinto beans, potato salad, coleslaw, homemade rolls, and pecan pie bars. I'm so excited for my friends here in Utah to get a taste of a Texas style barbeque. But, the chicken is bothering me. Usually at home it just goes on the pit and gets smoked and glazed with a good barbeque sauce. But, I don't have that option here.

To add to the problem, we are basically having a destination wedding in Eden, in the Ogden Valley so we have to transport everything up there. Thus, the reason behind wanting to just have the chicken prepared already!

Thanks for your help!
04-19-2007 11:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
T Offline
Posting Freak

Re: Good chicken to compliment brisket?
Yo Mandeekins, When I have a catering event as a rule unless previously specified I use leg quarters. They are inexpensive and the people love them. There are a few guys on the forum that have cookers not too far from where you are going to have the gig, and you might be able to contract them for the gig [Gene or No1 plumber Vic] they are good guys, and always willing to help. I have also smoked and stripped the meat from the quarters to to make great chicken sandwiches as well as salads. Hope this helps man?

keep it low-n-slow " T "

UTAH SMOKE
COMPETITION
BBQ TEAM

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.q4u.com">www.q4u.com</a><!-- w -->
04-20-2007 09:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply