Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Smokers in Utah???
sampson Offline
Posting Freak

Smokers in Utah???
Is there anyone in the state selling or able to bring in low to mid priced smokers? Such as SnP Pro or the Bandera. Mama says I can't spend more than about $1k on the thing, so most of the big boys such as Klose or OK Joes are out of my range especially when you throw in shipping... Any input from others out there, where did you get yours... T says go with a BDS, but they're so danged ugly... looks like a big trash can on the patio... guess I could paint flowers or nascar or sumpin' on it... and sorry Gene, I love ya' but I'm not sure a pellet pooper is for me, though those ribs we did last weekend sure ended up being tender... I just like the idea of being more "traditional"... anybody out there got a trailer mounted fat 50 that they just want to get rid of???

Rockin' on two 22.5 WSM's, a GOSM gasser and missing them old drums...
KCBS Member and CBJ
Biggest (pound for pound) BBQ Fan in Utah
Two Time!! Grand Champion @ My Backyard Picnic Annual Cookoff
04-13-2007 10:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nayehiya Offline

Re: Smokers in Utah???
I have a "Good One 60" that I am going to sell. I will be in Florence, Oregon most of the summer. I can pull it to the contest in Boise in late June. Price is $4000.00. I just found out that they are $5795.00 new at the factory.

The smoker has been sole to Cliff at Wild Pineapples
04-16-2007 05:47 PM
Rodney Offline

you mentioned a Bandera, not sure if they ship but here is a place.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.academy.com/index.php?page=content&target=products/outdoors/grills/smokers&start=0&selectedSKU=0263-02219-5600">http://www.academy.com/index.php?page=c ... 02219-5600</a><!-- m -->

"It is better to have burnt and lost, then never to have barbecued at all" - William Shakespeare
04-17-2007 09:47 AM
T Offline
Posting Freak

Yo Sampson, you can have one of the best looking smokers in the U.S. and I know a few cats that own them and can't cook worth a flip! Don't get caught up in that look thang cause in the end it comes down to the cook, and can you drive the car? Some of the best cooks in the country own the BDS and have put national recognition to the units. One cook[Habenaro] just took second place in ribs at a major competition againts 35 teams I think. As of late the majority of my cooks have been on the drum, and it's the end product that counts. I personally think it's quit a feat to turn out a nice looking product no matter what I cook on. Most people don't want to bite the bullet when they jump out there, so when I show my preference of the BDS as opposed to the WSM there is alot of factors the most common question that is presented to me being capacity. What ever you get we are here to help my friend. What's up Rod, miss ya bro. Hope everything is great down in Texas?

keep it low-in-slow " T "

UTAH SMOKE
COMPETITION
BBQ TEAM

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.q4u.com">www.q4u.com</a><!-- w -->
04-17-2007 09:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

Yo, Rodney!!

Where you been, man?! Good to "see" you...

What does T mean about you being in Texas right now? LMK

Hoochie 8)
04-18-2007 08:44 AM
Quote this message in a reply
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

T, check your PM

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"