Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Charter Membership
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

Charter Membership
Let me say right off that the last thing I want to do is complain about anything that Joe does. He has given his pound of flesh trying to get this kite off the ground. I might, however, wonder if eight days was enough notice to go from "no funds required" club to "Paid membership required" status. This may have caught some of us that get paid once a month un-prepared.
I know things cost money but some of us have already contributed money and goods to the association within the year and eight days may not have been enough notice to help again. Finally I'm sure there are those that don't check into the forum every day. The new format drops topics off the front page if it's not added to daily, so some may be learning this new plan today. By the way, I hope my check got there ok this week. I just found an attachment in the corner of Joe's notice that has the application form. I'll fill it out and hope it is accepted past the deadline.
03-02-2007 11:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Re: Charter Membership
Jake, The membership post I saw said April 1. See "Memberships Now Available" post that Joe did 21 Feb. Did something else say March that I missed?
I don't see everything and it has taken me a bit of time to acclimate to this new format. I like it more each time I use it but it has been a learning curve for this computer dinosaur.
Gene
03-02-2007 01:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

I feel so DUMBBBBB! As Rozanna Rozanna Danna used to say.....Never mind.
03-02-2007 01:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SmokinJoe Offline

At NO point was it ever said that paid memberships were required. Ever. Let's put a stop to that right now.

-joe

Get your smoke on...
03-03-2007 08:52 AM
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

Joe, a thousand pardons......in retrospect, I suppose it was what was not said more than what was said. I should learn to sleep on things before I commit them to print.
03-03-2007 06:54 PM
SmokinJoe Offline

Larry Jacobs;p="3969 Wrote:Joe, a thousand pardons......in retrospect, I suppose it was what was not said more than what was said. I should learn to sleep on things before I commit them to print.

Sounds almost paranoid, Larry. :?

I think a key phrase in the original post I made regarding the memberships was that it would include "additional, members-only access". Were I the reader and not the author, I'm pretty sure I would have caught that, and understood that this was something IN ADDITION to what I already had. Is it just me? I may very well be biased...no, I AM biased.

The point is that nothing is being taken away from anyone who doesn't purchase a membership. If you think of it in terms of "dues", it may make more sense. After all, besides a certificate and a sub.scription to a newspaper that has little to do with us here in Utah just yet, what are you getting from your KCBS membership? Yet no one complains about that, do they? They either join, or they don't, and they can still do everything us members can do, right?

How 'bout this - in the future, don't be surprised when an organization that doesn't generate any funds tries to do something to change that. This has been privately funded for the past year, and mostly by me with a few exceptions. If you or anyone else has a better idea than "dues" for generating a "recurring revenue stream", I'm all ears.

-joe

Get your smoke on...
03-03-2007 07:22 PM
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

Joe, thank you responding to my stupid post. As you should well know, I am not skimpy on funds when it comes to supporting a good group, as the UBBQA is. Two checks and a bunch of pails should bare that out. My original post had only to do with my confusing March with April, totally stupid on my part and if I could figure how to delete it, I would. Since I retired, hours, days and months just seem to lump together!
As for dues, heck, I even joined the Northwest Assoc. for what reason I don't know. Guess I just felt home sick for Oympia one night.
03-04-2007 12:19 AM
SmokinJoe Offline

I know you're no slacker, Larry, when it comes to the Association. However, when you say that your original post had "only to do with confusing March with April", that's not exactly true:

Quote:I might, however, wonder if eight days was enough notice to go from "no funds required" club to "Paid membership required" status. This may have caught some of us that get paid once a month un-prepared.

"Paid membership required" is patently false. This would imply that unless you pay up, you get locked out, or something. Absolutely, 100% incorrect, and it needed to be addressed. Would you not agree?

-joe

Get your smoke on...
03-04-2007 12:32 AM
Unregistered

SmokinJoe;p="3970 Wrote:If you or anyone else has a better idea than "dues" for generating a "recurring revenue stream", I'm all ears.

Here's my proposal... Joe, you've worked in radio, correct? You can probably "DJ" then, correct?... And you, Larry - you can do sound and lights, right?

Well - we contact Sam's or Costco aboiut the use of some of their parking lot on a Saturday... Then we find 3-4 tether ball poles and locate them in the parking lot.... Cut off the tether ball and rope attaching it to the pole... We get T to hire some of the topless pole dancers he knows to come donate their services for a few hours for a good cause... Maybe somebody knows some of these "Thunder from Down Under" male dancers they can invite for the ladies... I'll bootleg some cold Wyoming beer out of the back of my Surburban... And we'll serve ribs... $15 for 2 ribs and a cold beer...

Think that might work? 8)
03-04-2007 02:03 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

LMAO Hoochie! The mental imagery that that conjures up is more than a little disturbing. Big Grin
03-04-2007 04:40 PM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

That is to funny Hoochie. I'm rollin'on the floor. Do you have to bootleg "O'DOULS"? :lol:
03-04-2007 04:55 PM
Unregistered

Only if you want real fake beer, Gene... 8)
03-04-2007 05:55 PM
Cyclops Offline

HOLY @#$% ! Lap dances in a Costco parking lot? The UBBQA wouldn't know what to do with that kind of money! Wait.... never mind, you'll need it for bail! But a GREAT idea!
03-04-2007 08:09 PM