Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
UtahBBQ Membership Information
SmokinJoe Offline

UtahBBQ Membership Information
As you may know, operating a BBQ Association doesn't come all that cheap - especially when you actually wish to offer something to the members. Of course, when you don't sell any goods or services, it makes it difficult to generate recurring revenue. After quite a bit of consideration, it has been decided it is time to begin offering paid memberships to the Utah BBQ Association.

Funds generated through the sale of these memberships will go toward operating expenses, license renewals, sanctioning fees, web hosting, research and development, charitable contributions, cash reserves, etc., all of which have been paid for out of pocket by the Founders and Directors, with the exception of donations both solicited and unsolicited by very generous individuals from the general membership.

Benefits of membership will include:

* First chance for class sign-ups
* First chance cookoff applications
* Significant discounts on UtahBBQA classes and events
* Discounts with participating/member businesses
* UtahBBQ journal for logging your cooks
* Additional MEMBERS-ONLY access to the UtahBBQ.Org website
* And we are continually working to bring more value to your membership.

There are 4 different levels of general membership: Individual, Family, Team, and Business.

Individual Membership – One person/card, non-transferable*, 10% off class and cookoff registrations, one journal.

Family Membership – Primary member, 3 additional members (4 cards), transferable*, one journal, 15% off class and cookoff registrations.

Team Membership – Three members/cards, transferable*, 3 journals, 20% off class and cookoff registrations.

Business Membership – Six members/cards, transferable*, 3 journals, free banner placement on website ($100 value) and sponsor page, 25% off class and cookoff registrations.

Other benefits will be added as they become available.

* - Membership cards for Individual memberships will be in the name of the individual and therefore cannot be used by other than the named member. Family, Team, and Business memberships are in the name of the Family, Team, or Business, respectively, and can be used by any member or employee. However, the benefits per use are limited to the number of cards presented unless otherwise provided by the grantor.

CHARTER MEMBERSHIPS: From now until April 15, 2007, The Utah BBQ Association is offering Charter memberships. What this means to you is a discounted membership fee when you start, and any subsequent renewal each year afterward providing that you don't let your membership lapse more than 60 days. This doesn't mean that the fee amount is "locked in" at the same cost for the rest of your life, though. It does mean, though, that Charter members will always be offered a reduced rate for renewal.

Current membership fees are as follows:

From now until April 1, 2007, get an INDIVIDUAL membership at the CHARTER rate of $30 per year. After April 1, the fee will be $40.

From now until April 1, 2007, get a FAMILY membership for $50 per year. After April 1 - $60.

From now until April 1, 2007, get a TEAM membership for $85 per year. After April 1 - $100.

From now until April 1, 2007, get a BUSINESS membership for $150/year. After April 1 - $250.

PLEASE NOTE:
Paid memberships are not a requirement for participation in any general UtahBBQA function or activity. The website is, and will be, open to all visitors and registered users. Classes and cookoffs are open to all who register. Paid memberships are only required in order to receive the stated benefits and privileges.

Feel free to post any comments, questions, or concerns in this thread.

Thanks for your time,

-joe

Get your smoke on...
02-19-2007 11:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Re: Memberships Now Available
Joe,
Have you got Pay Pal set up to accomplish this on the site?
02-20-2007 11:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SmokinJoe Offline

Gene;p="3806 Wrote:Have you got Pay Pal set up to accomplish this on the site?

Well, yes and no. The PayPal address has always been treasury at utahbbq.org. However, there are fees when using PayPal that deduct from the payment amount so I prefer not to go that route. Besides, I need to have the original form on file anyway, so why not send a check/money order with it? Tongue

However, for those that really would prefer PayPal, arrangements can be made on an individual basis.

-joe

Get your smoke on...
02-20-2007 02:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Thanks Joe. That works for me. Address again please.
Gene
02-20-2007 09:51 PM
SmokinJoe Offline

The Utah BBQ Association
10098 Countrywood Dr
Sandy, UT 84092

-joe

Get your smoke on...
02-21-2007 12:06 AM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Just wondering what the different levels are for or cover?

I get that individual is the person, and family is the person and their family, but if a family is a team what difference is there, I'm just asking for clarification to know where to approach this from.

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
02-21-2007 10:36 AM
SmokinJoe Offline

SoEzzy;p="3819 Wrote:Just wondering what the different levels are for or cover?

I get that individual is the person, and family is the person and their family, but if a family is a team what difference is there, I'm just asking for clarification to know where to approach this from.

That's a good point, Chris, and I will get on it shortly. I just haven't had the time recently, and I apologize. Big Grin

-joe

Get your smoke on...
02-21-2007 02:57 PM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Joe, I am wondering about the business side, what does that cover?
Gene
02-23-2007 08:45 PM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Sorry to bring this up again, but we're burnin' daylight. What falls in under each category. What does a business get for joining and $150. Team? Family?
03-02-2007 05:13 AM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Hopefully there will be an extension on the due date for this?

Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
03-02-2007 05:38 AM
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

I licked my stamp today, Checks in the mail Joe! Great Work! Keep it up

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
And yes... I hate Brett Favre
03-02-2007 08:41 PM
SmokinJoe Offline

Gene;p="3946 Wrote:Sorry to bring this up again, but we're burnin' daylight. What falls in under each category. What does a business get for joining and $150. Team? Family?

I've revamped the original post. The information you want should be there. If not, let's discuss. This is not all set in stone, but neither are the cookoffs that everyone seems to want, but we can't pay for.

-joe

Get your smoke on...
03-03-2007 08:32 AM
Jaybird Offline

Sent mine in yesterday also. Thanks Joe :lol:

Otis and the Bird BBQ Team
03-03-2007 08:32 AM
SmokinJoe Offline

SoEzzy;p="3947 Wrote:Hopefully there will be an extension on the due date for this?

Sorry if a month is not long enough for you to decide, but yes, I've extended it to April 15th. Will that work?

I'm not sure if you all know this, but running this Association is not my full-time job. I have a job and a family that will always take priority, and right now I have some very serious personal items that I have to deal with. I'm very sorry if this creates an inconvenience to you, or shortens a leisurely time period of 6 weeks down to a miniscule 4.

These memberships are not required in order for you all to keep enjoying the benefits, what there are of them so far, that you always have. But for those that want to do more, to give more, then we want to offer more. If you don't want it, fine. If you do, even better. That will really help us to become bigger and better. We're barely a year old and we have come this far on no budget, funded by a select few. Mostly me, I might add, and I'm not going to be able to do it like that anymore.

Paid memberships have always been the plan for this organization. How else were we to sustain ourselves as an Association? Just about everything related to its operation costs something, yet we sell nothing. We generate nothing.

We could, however, just forego the whole membership idea, hope for donations, and if we get none, we'll have no events. We could just be a "club", and sit around hoping that someone else will put on something and we can all go play at their party.

People, if we're to make BBQ more than it is in this area, we need to do something ourselves or it just isn't going to happen.

I'm open to the ideas of others, but I have to tell you that there have been so very few that it would be almost accurate to say that there have been none. If you have ideas, let me know. I'm here.

-joe

Get your smoke on...
03-03-2007 08:51 AM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

SmokinJoe;p="3963 Wrote:Sorry if a month is not long enough for you to decide, but yes, I've extended it to April 15th. Will that work?

I too like Larry missed that March had to happen before they would let us have April this year, most inconvenient of them as I have several things I want to do in April that I am going to have to put off another 26 days at least, and that's most inconsiderate of them to put the order of the months back the way they were when I was a kid, and just learning which way round they're supposed to go!

Mea Culpa!

03-05-2007 08:34 AM
GBQ Offline

Re: UtahBBQ Membership Information
Joe: I can not find my KCBS member or judge #s.do I need them for membership information?

Thanks for all your hard work!!
Gary
03-06-2007 05:44 PM
SmokinJoe Offline

No, not required info. Just mark that you ARE a member/Judge, and call it good.

-joe

Get your smoke on...
03-06-2007 06:15 PM
Jaybird Offline

Hi Joe, sorry, I didn't see the downloadable member app. I just sent the check. I'll fill one out and send it to ya. Thanks

Otis and the Bird BBQ Team
03-07-2007 09:01 AM
no1plumber Offline
Banned

I'm planning on joining. I'm sending it to you. Thanks for all you do Joe.
03-19-2007 08:53 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Membership Registration Information. SoEzzy 41 11,465 05-30-2011 02:10 AM
Last Post: SoEzzy