Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sauce showdown
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

Sauce showdown
I seem to remember QN4U saying the lowley Kraft BBQ Sauce was his #1 goto sauce.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://shopping.yahoo.com/articles/yshoppingarticles/411/supermarket-standoff-barbecue-sauce/">http://shopping.yahoo.com/articles/ysho ... cue-sauce/</a><!-- m -->
08-08-2010 08:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Re: Sauce showdown
Nonsense, I say. Sweet Baby Rays Raspberry Chipoltle has got to be #1 store bought in my book. Their Honey Chipoltle ain't bad either. Been a fan of Traegers Apricot and Honey Burbon also.
Kraps, or KC Master Piece, not on my shelf, Stubbs, fogetabowdit.

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
08-09-2010 05:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
duners88 Offline

Just a weird thought that this discussion brought to mind...

I seem to remember hearing somewhere that all the major and most other restaruants all use the same BBQ sauce (at least for the base).
And that the general public couldn't get that sauce until the manufacturer decided to sell it in Costco and Sams.
I think it may have been Cattlemen's.

Anyway... It's just a random thought.
08-09-2010 02:06 PM
Gumbo Offline

duners88 Wrote:I seem to remember hearing somewhere that all the major and most other restaruants all use the same BBQ sauce (at least for the base).
And that the general public couldn't get that sauce until the manufacturer decided to sell it in Costco and Sams.
I think it may have been Cattlemen's.

Yes, and it sucks as bad as Kraft.
08-09-2010 02:55 PM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Hmmmm, I thought I heard Krap was the 1st BBQ sauce and everything else was based around it. Funny what one hears, and can't substantiate. May have seen/heard that on History or Discovery Channel. :|

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
08-10-2010 12:43 PM
BBQMama Offline

Gene Wrote:Hmmmm, I thought I heard Krap was the 1st BBQ sauce and everything else was based around it. Funny what one hears, and can't substantiate. May have seen/heard that on History or Discovery Channel. :|

Actually watched that last night ... Kraft originally supplied a free package of "19 herbs and spices" that you could mix into a bottle of their oil and make a BBQ sauce.

Carla
Smokin' Hot Sistahs Competition BBQ Team
KCBS Certified Judge
***Life's too short to eat bad BBQ***
08-10-2010 01:22 PM
Cinhil Offline

Though my base of choice is not Kraft or Cattleman's or Tub's (that is my secret), but when I do use a base and haven't my secret stash available, I use the Kraft BBQ Sauces - only as a base. I find you get reasonable flavor sensations from what they offer without having to go out on a limb to gain the same flavor experience. I must say though, when I am done you will probably never know what it was I used for my base sauce. Then again--maybe I made the whole batch from scratch and it is Delicious!
08-14-2010 06:14 PM