Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
October 1st and 2nd contest
Papa Boka Offline

Re: October 1st and 2nd contest
Brian Wrote:It is official!

This will be a state championship when we reach 15 teams. We do have the governor's signature on the proclamation in our possession.

Hey Brian,

Does this mean 15 teams in total? Or 15 specifically in the Pro-Division?

I echo my thanks to you for putting this together. Looking forward to the fun.
09-27-2010 12:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dutchovendude Offline
Managing Member

It means 15 teams in the Pro Division. They have to turn in all 4 of the meat groups and the backyarders are only doing 2 meat groups.
Come on guys, just 6 more teams to be a qualifier!
WE CAN DO THIS!

TUMBLEWEED BBQ
KCBS Certified Judge
Utah BBQ Organization Certified Judge
Email me at: mike@utahbbq.org
WWW.Tumbleweed BBQ.com
09-27-2010 12:40 PM
Desert Magnolia Offline

Papa Boka Wrote:Yeah, man, I don't want to sound like a complainer, but DUDE, Spam?!! I make a killer smoky Mac n' cheese, bbq beans, any traditional side option would have been fun, but I'll leave spam to someone with a lot more cooking talent (or at least a much stronger stomach) than I have.

Oh come on spam isn;t that bad! :? I have come to grow to like spam in the last week or two.... okay I wont Lye I'm gona wing it for the spam. I have no Idea what it tastes like with out Velveeta (not that im proud that i know what that tastes like either) but both have there place in the food chain lol :shock:

As for the rest of you that haven't signed up stop making excuses, rib some dirt on it and get in there! Big Grin

@ 85 gallon trash cans drilled and ready for action!!
Rub Q Long Time BBQ Team
KCBS member
09-27-2010 01:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tsawyer148 Offline

Backcountry BBQ Wrote:
Papa Boka Wrote:Yeah, man, I don't want to sound like a complainer, but DUDE, Spam?!! I make a killer smoky Mac n' cheese, bbq beans, any traditional side option would have been fun, but I'll leave spam to someone with a lot more cooking talent (or at least a much stronger stomach) than I have.

Oh come on spam isn;t that bad! :? I have come to grow to like spam in the last week or two.... okay I wont Lye I'm gona wing it for the spam. I have no Idea what it tastes like with out Velveeta (not that im proud that i know what that tastes like either) but both have there place in the food chain lol :shock:

As for the rest of you that haven't signed up stop making excuses, rib some dirt on it and get in there! Big Grin

Funny you should say that, up until about 10 years ago I didn't realize that Spam and Velveeta were for human consumption, I always thought it was just fish bait.. At the beginning of each new fishing season Dad would just crack open the tackle box and cut off the crusty end and voila, a fresh load of bait..

DUDE!! Was that you???

KCBS CBJ# 59086
09-27-2010 01:29 PM
Papa Boka Offline

So concerning meat inspection, does it have to happen at a specific time on Friday?

I got a killer brisket, btw! :wink:
09-27-2010 07:15 PM
Papa Boka Offline

Also, can I pre-trim the meat before I arrive? I've reviewed the KCBS rules and don't see anything that prohibits a pre-trim.
09-27-2010 09:28 PM
Flexo Offline

Yes you can pre trim, you just cannot do any pre seasoning. Seasoning needs to be done after meat inspection. Meat inspection usually happens soon after you get there.

That sure was good stuff!
Tubby's Smokin' Q

KCBS Certified Judge
09-27-2010 10:32 PM
snikkidee Offline

tsawyer148 Wrote:Funny you should say that, up until about 10 years ago I didn't realize that Spam and Velveeta were for human consumption, I always thought it was just fish bait.. At the beginning of each new fishing season Dad would just crack open the tackle box and cut off the crusty end and voila, a fresh load of bait..

I'm with you - It's fish bait! researched some good looking recipes - just not sure how much I can stomach during "testing"! :shock:
09-28-2010 10:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  July 1st and 2nd Huntsville, Smokin' Valley BBQ Challenge Pegleg 7 2,180 03-15-2011 10:50 PM
Last Post: Three4Que
  July 1st and 2nd Huntsville, Utah BBQ Contest T 5 2,428 02-11-2011 02:05 PM
Last Post: T