Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mustard-based Sauce
An-Jo_Nanny Offline

Mustard-based Sauce
Was wondering if anyone has had the opportunity to taste-test the BBQ Sauce. It is now at Marberger's and My Secret Chef in Bountiful. Also at Snider Bros Meats in Salt Lake. As of Saturday afternoon 11/11 it will be at Don's Meats in Sunset.
Any feed back would be appreciated,
Angie
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:anjonannys@yahoo.com">anjonannys@yahoo.com</a><!-- e -->
11-09-2006 11:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BBQUte Offline

Best of Luck with Your Sauce!
I am in the food business as well. I sent you an email.
11-09-2006 06:07 PM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Mustard sauce
Hey Anj,
I went down to the "Y" yesterday, one of my sons works there, did a couple of Boston Butts for the guys he works with, and your sauce was pretty well recieved by those that tried it. I even did some on one of the sandwiches I had and I think it's quite good. (I used to only like mustard on cow tongue, hate it on burgers, etc, it's ok on brats though, as long as it's a bit spicy).
I think you'll have a product for the long haul, it'll just take time for folks to get used to something other than ketchup based sauces. So hang in there.
Gene
11-10-2006 10:44 AM
An-Jo_Nanny Offline

Thanks for the feed-back Gene. Glad to hear the news!! It'll take time but I'm willing to wait. Pretty excited about getting it out there. Big Grin
11-10-2006 03:58 PM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Re: Mustard-based Sauce
An-Jo on KSL classifieds.

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
02-21-2007 04:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
An-Jo_Nanny Offline

Just wanted to let everybody know that I am now approved with "Utah's Own" . Hopefully that will make it a little easier to get in with Associated Foods. For anyone that wants to give it a try it is currently at the following places:
Grove's Market, Snider Bros Meats, Marbergers, Don's Meats, and My Secret Chef. If you can't get to any of these places, I will be happy to get it to you via other means.
02-22-2007 09:19 AM
SmokinJoe Offline

What's the latest with Pirate O's? Any progress there?

-joe

Get your smoke on...
02-22-2007 06:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
An-Jo_Nanny Offline

Hey Joe...looks like he will be stocking in April!
I guess some people only bbq in the summer so I'm ready for the markets to start up. Should be an exciting and busy year.
Angie
02-23-2007 09:57 AM
T Offline
Posting Freak

AN-JO, Sorry I missed you when you dropped off the sample, lady my hats off to ya. I have only tasted a few that I have really cared for before tasting yours my favorite was made by Dreamland BBQ in Alabama. Yours is right up there and people rave about Dreamlands. What I like about it is that you have achieve a balance of flavor. Most are a little twangy and tart for my taste but that again is my personal opinion. I think you'll be fighting some of the challenges that I had when I first went into business getting people away from the bland Q, but when the word gets around it will go. You might try the Farmers Market when the weather breaks. I had one of my Hispanic workers try it on some pulled pork just to see the reaction, you passed. Best of luck to you Lady and stick to your guns. Thanks again, maybe nest time I'll have the chance of meeting you?

keep it low-n-slow " T "

UTAH SMOKE
COMPETITON
BBQ TEAM

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.q4u.com">www.q4u.com</a><!-- w -->
02-27-2007 10:53 PM
RBQue Offline

I didn't get to try that one, but Norma Jean's BBQ has a mustard based sauce that is daaaang good.
Let me know if you would like a sample bottle and I see about getting it to you.
Norma Jean's will be at the Park City event, see them there!
09-26-2007 12:58 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Miss Piggy Mustard Sauce SmokinJoe 4 1,242 06-15-2006 08:10 PM
Last Post: phatch