Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Grand Opening Kaisers Barbecue And General Store.
kaiser Offline

Grand Opening Kaisers Barbecue And General Store.
Kaisers BBQ is now open starting monday october 2nd 2006 10/02/06.Open from 7am to 7pm BBQ starts at 11:00 am. How ever for the first 2 or 3 days we will not have our full menu. We dont have our sausage due to an ordering error. We should have our full menu october the 4th. Come and try the new best BBQ in town. We are located at 962 south 300 west in Salt Lake City. See you all there. Thank you.
10-01-2006 09:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SmokinJoe Offline

How goes it, Kaiser? Let us know!

Also, if any members have made it down there let us know!

-joe

Get your smoke on...
10-04-2006 09:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rodney Offline

Hey kaiser, Are you open... I stopped by at 11:20 today for lunch and the sign said you were open but the door was locked??? I walked around back and the sign on the back door said go around front.

"It is better to have burnt and lost, then never to have barbecued at all" - William Shakespeare
10-05-2006 03:26 PM
Z Offline

Hey Rodney,

Our experience was similar, but different. After struggling to find 1 out of 4 parking spots at 6:45pm. We were greeted with; "all we have left are sandwiches". So instead i just got a menu, which appears to me, you have a choice of ribs by the pound, brisket by the pound and your choice of a few sides. A little disappointed, considering we live over 30 miles away, show up early if you want something besides a sandwich.

Next week we will be trying a place in American Fork called "Rib City Grill".
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ribcity.com">www.ribcity.com</a><!-- w -->
Will let you know how it goes.

Z and April

"Put your barbeque where your mouth is"
10-06-2006 12:04 AM
Gumbo Offline

Z, don't waste your time going to Rib City Grill in AF. You don't want to get disappointed two weekends in a row.

Where else have you eaten BBQ at here in Utah, and what are your favorites?
10-06-2006 07:55 AM
SmokinJoe Offline

I'm not Z, but thought I'd chime in anyway. Smile

Q4U, and Sugarhouse BBQ. In that order.

Q4U has the most authentic food and atmosphere, IMO. It's run by a REAL pitmaster and his family who all also know their stuff. Excellent sides. It's all comfort food! Where else are you going to get collards around here?

Sugarhouse is more modern, has some nice sides, but used to be fairly inconsistent. Not bad, just not the same each time. For example, we would go in and have the brisket and would get sliced. Might go in the next time, and they have no slices, only chopped... It's been a while since I've been there, though, so things may be different there now.

There are others, too. I've only eaten at Pat's once, and the food stood on its own. Goodwood...well, they had good beans. The two times I went to Firehouse, when they were around, I didn't actually have barbecue. They had some interesting cajun-style pasta that sounded good at the time.

Z and April used to hit all the BBQ restaurants - bet they have a lot of good info![/i]

-joe

Get your smoke on...
10-06-2006 10:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rodney Offline

If you do decide to go to Q4U(which I strongly recommend) you absolutely have to try the sweet "potata" pie! I think it is better than my mama's

"It is better to have burnt and lost, then never to have barbecued at all" - William Shakespeare
10-06-2006 01:27 PM
Pegleg Offline

There is a place on the 300 Block on Main Street called Yo Mamas BBQ. I've eaten there twice and have had the brisket sandwich and their pulled pork sandwich. It's not bad, their meat doesn't seem to have much flavor to it unless you soak it with BBQ sauce. Q4U however is our preferred restaurant of choice, T and family are in a leauge of their own!!

Lyle Earl
KCBS Certified Judge
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark ---- professionals built the Titanic.
10-06-2006 01:39 PM
sampson Offline
Posting Freak

Q in Logan
Haven't found anything worth mentioning yet... Tried Eddie's in Smithfield, just cuz I had been there the day before and the smoker was outback churning away and I thought about it all night long. I had a pork sandwich which I believe was made from sliced tenderloin. The meat was ok but I didn't care at all for the sauce, just not "right"...
Recently drove clear down to Roy to try famous dave's, not bad, portions were a little small though. Sauce was pretty good.
10-06-2006 02:56 PM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

I have been to the Famous Daves at Jordan Landing and the first couple of times I enjoyed it and everything was ok, not really impressive but ok.

The last two times I have been badly effected by something (may be the onion strings, or the oil they were cooked in, as I had them both times), and changed most of the other things I picked, but the onions (if that's what it was) worked their way through faster than I would really like.

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
10-06-2006 06:53 PM
Z Offline

Hey all,

I feel we may have been a little harsh on Kaiser BBQ, considering we went in 15min til closing. We will go back on a day when we can make it earlier.

As far as BBQ here in Utah, we like to go and try each restaurant at least once, because if we were in the barbeque business we would want everyone to give us a fair chance. We have been to almost all of the BBQ restaurants in SLC, even some that are no longer in business. But their BBQ was still good. A lot of times it has to do with location and how much financial backing they have that determines whether they are able to stay in business long enough to get a loyal following. As for us, as consumers, a lot of times it depends on the time of day you get there to how fresh the BBQ actually is off the smoker. We have things we liked and disliked at every place we went to. But we are not the ones in business, if we were, we would say we would do this or we would do that, but we don't know if our ideas are any better, it's just a matter of personal opinion. So we always encourage everyone to try every BBQ place, new or old, and if someone asks you how it was, be honest. But remember everybody has different tastes, so give them all a try.

Z and April

"Put your barbeque where your mouth is"
10-06-2006 07:54 PM
kaiser Offline

Thank you.
Thank you for that. I am sorry about last night. I was not even there I have been working very long hours 4am till 8pm. As is expected when opening a new restaurant. I left early to go bowling as I do every thursday. So when you do come back please introduce your self's to me. I am the big tall ugly man thats me kaiser. Again thank you for giving me another chance.
10-06-2006 08:45 PM
Pegleg Offline

Very Tasty BBQ!!
A friend and I just got back from a VERY good lunch at Kaisers. I had the pork ribs lunch and he had the chopped pork sandwich, we were not at all dissapointed. We parked on the street and ate on a covered picnic table outside. The ribs had a great flavor to them and were tender, the BBQ sauce was also very good. The report on the pork sandwich was equally positive. Kaiser came out while we were eating and we chatted for a minute and we introduced ourselves, he is really a nice guy. Before we left we checked out his Southern Yankee cooker in the building next to his kitchen, a real nice rig!! We look forward to going there again and this time taking more people with us.

Lyle
10-09-2006 02:11 PM
magnagun Offline

Re: Grand Opening Kaisers Barbecue And General Store.
I am new to this forum and I would like to chime in about Kaisers. I have been there twice and the first time the ribs really knocked me out, they had an amazing smoky bite. The second time was a little disappointing, the flavor was less aggressive than the first time. I am sure the inconsistency has something to do with how new they are. The last time I went there was in January so I ought to check it out now and see if the first time was a fluke.

Big Al
04-27-2007 03:42 PM
phatch Offline

Re: Grand Opening Kaisers Barbecue And General Store.
I went in for an early lunch a while back. No ribs were ready yet (we will sell no slabs before their time...) so I had the sandwich.

Looked good. Smelled good. But first things first. Taste the sauce alone.

Hmm, a bit off. But wait, on the sandwich, it worked wonderfully. But the finish of the sandwich was somewhat creosotish.

Anyway, the coleslaw, Average. Potato salad. Better than average.

But wait, there's more.

The sandwich is really about building synergistically with the sides. Add some coleslaw in to the sandwich and things improve greatly. Follow with a bit of potato salad. MMMMMMMMMMM

So, you got to mix things up to really enjoy the sandwich.

But (there's that but again) I burped creosote all day.

One sample so it's not conclusive and I'd give them a try again.

Phil
07-23-2007 09:14 AM