Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A big thanks to some fine folks.
2PigsSmokinB Offline

A big thanks to some fine folks.
From the boys at 2 Pigs we wanted to say a big thank you to several folks.
Joe you were and absolute genious putting on this competition. I am lookinf forward to getting to know you better in Pleasant Grove.

Z and April, you guys are great. Z thanks for the tips and the advice. You obviously know what your doing and it was a pleasure to be accross from you.

Patio Daddio, you are one of the coolest guys around. Your calm demeanor and the way you presented yourself and your cooking, is first class. Your advice and info is invaluable. I hope you continue to do well in competition and I hope to see you again soon.

Mike, your a class act. So glad to have made your acquaintance. I look forward to cooking with you in many more events.

T, the time you spent looking at our pit and giving us advice was awesome. With your advice, we were able to luck up and actually get up on stage with the best that there is. What an honor to stand up there with people like you, John, and PackerBacker. You guys are first class.

To those of you who we met what a great time. For our first experience it couldn't have been any better. I am looking forward to competing and supporting great BBQ in the state of Utah.

Cheers to all.

Jonathan
08-28-2006 02:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

Thanks Jonathan. You guys were really fun to hang with. I can see that you'll be a force to be reckoned with in the competitions to come. I'll have to hit Costco for a pallet of Wheaties just to keep up. It's harder for us old dudes. Big Grin

John

P.S. Remember, if you love it, you gotta rub it.
08-28-2006 02:50 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

P.P.S. I want to buy one of those cool 2Pigs t-shirts. If you have a XX-Big Ass size left shoot me an e-mail at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:dawson.js@gmail.com">dawson.js@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->.
08-28-2006 02:54 PM
2PigsSmokinB Offline

Hey I will get you one in XXL. What color do you want? Be happy to have you wear it. I'll send you an email.
08-28-2006 04:21 PM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Big thanks
"Mmmm BBQ" (H. Simpson)
I think Homer has given up on donuts.
I also was impressed with your shirts. Really looked neat with all the family wearing them. Great support.
Gene
08-28-2006 06:15 PM
rjr23 Offline

I also want to give thanks to Joe for doing a GREAT job on Saturday. You made us feel like we have known you for years. I appreciate your friendship and look forward to hanging out with you in Pleasant Grove.

Z and April - Thanks for all the advice and we appreciate your support and willingnes to show us the ropes.

John - Dude you are one cool guy. You made our first competition worth it. Thank you for all the advice you gave us, we really appreciate it.

T - I can't say thanks enough for the advice. You truly are the KING of BBQ in Utah. GO RAIDERS!!!!

We look forward to hanging out with all you again soon. Again, thanks to all you. You made our first competition memorable and well worth it. To have people like you befriend us really shows how classy you are.

Thanks,
Richard
08-28-2006 07:24 PM
Unregistered

Man, we've got a big 'ol BBQ love fest going on here. Somebody get me a tissue. Group hug...

I love you man!

Big Grin

John
08-28-2006 10:42 PM
SmokinJoe Offline

2PigsSmokinB Wrote:Hey I will get you one in XXL. What color do you want? Be happy to have you wear it. I'll send you an email.

I'd be interested, as well. LOVE to collect BBQ team and event shirts. Just had no real time to go around asking!

Let me know $$...

-joe

Get your smoke on...
08-28-2006 10:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
T Offline
Posting Freak

Thanks guys for the props, but it's all about BBQ. Glad to see ya get a call. Won't be down south at the next cook, but I will be there in spirit. My season starts at the U of U vending in the South end zone. You guys have fun down there and thanks for doing it. It is for a great cause. You guys got a great start CONGRATS, just remember to have fun.

keep it low-n-slow " T "

UTAH SMOKE
COMPETITION
BBQ TEAM

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.q4u.com">www.q4u.com</a><!-- w -->
08-28-2006 11:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
georgiagal Offline

Joe and everyone:

As a fairly "green" member of the Association and to the culture of BBQ as a passion, I want to tell ya'll how impressed I am with the collective of individuals who are out there BBQin'. For an inaugural event, you really pulled off a WINNER! Congrats to the winners of the competition. As a judge, I can tell you, it was a difficult task. All ya'll who participated are winners in my estimation.

I spent the entire day at the State Cook-Off on Friday and until 2PM on Saturday. There is a genuine fellowship and comradery that exists within this group . . . just a minute, I have to wipe my tears away. Okay, I'm alright now, I can go on . . . I suppose it's that, after spending way too many years around way too many insecure, confrontational, adversarial and jealous folks, this is like a breath of fresh air to be around ya'll. I'm pleased as punch to have found ya - maybe I become more like ya'll.

Out of the hundreds of pictures taken at the Cook-Off last weekend, please, tell me how the photo of me pickin' my teeth during the judging got on the web???? Who can I thank for picking the worst photo ever taken of me, except for that one taken in Mexico on the beach, and publishing it for all to see?

Love ya'll,

Georgiagal
Ginny Peterson
09-01-2006 04:26 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A BIG BIG (Skinny Boys BBQ BIG) Thanks to Gene! Infamous Dave 10 1,978 12-18-2007 12:30 PM
Last Post: Infamous Dave