Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
KSL Classifieds
SmokinJoe Offline

KSL Classifieds
Nice little NB offset cooker on KSL Classifieds:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=358718&lpid=&cat=238">http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad ... d=&cat=238</a><!-- m -->

There's also what appears to be a Lang Model 84 there...

-joe

Get your smoke on...
07-24-2006 03:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
T Offline
Posting Freak

Then I will assume that you're not interested in the Lang? No shipping, no long travel, nah just bustin ya chops. How ya feelin bro? Here is the link if someone is interested <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ksl.com/nid=218&ad=366665&cat=238&lpid=">http://www.ksl.com/nid=218&ad=366665&cat=238&lpid=</a><!-- m -->
It is Langs original 84 model and it sells for $2795.00 new.

keep it low-n-slow " T "

UTAH SMOKE
COMPETITION
BBQ TEAM

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.q4u.com">www.q4u.com</a><!-- w -->
07-24-2006 04:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SmokinJoe Offline

Now I didn't say that... ;o) I've emailed the guy an offer, but haven't heard back yet. I've also got that one on eBay I'm going for, then there's the guy from Stax BBQ in Boise, who's cooker is something Rodney and I were lookin' up and down...

And hey - thanks for the tip! :o)

-joe

Get your smoke on...
07-24-2006 05:14 PM
Unregistered

Weird, even though I have my share of cookers I still look and find myself when I'm driving to and fro looking in glancing in yards and noticing all smoke! I guess also when it's you lively hood you do things like this. I get people in the restaurant just to look. I even had a guy tell me that a friend of his built one just like Showtime, he was from Texas, smile. Hope you can get them guys down. There are a few of those Langs around I know at least 6 guys that have the 84's.

keep it low-n-slow " T "

UTAH SMOKE
COMPETITION
BBQ TEAM

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.q4u.com">www.q4u.com</a><!-- w -->
07-24-2006 06:25 PM
Quote this message in a reply
truoc444 Offline

speaking of local cookers. "T" is Richard ever going to sell me His? who knows maybe i'll end up with a Gator next time i'm at home or something.

Court

Southern Rootz BBQ...Because it's easier than saying I'm from Texas and only got stuck in Utah when my Car broke down
07-25-2006 09:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
2PigsSmokinB Offline

You sure can't go wrong with a Gator. I love mine. If you ever have a mind to buy one call up Ritch. They are great guys to work with. I flew down and spent a weekend looking and got hooked, then I took a three day three thousand mile trek to pick it up. Memories that will never fade, especially everytime I smell the food that comes off of it.
07-25-2006 10:42 AM
Unregistered

i grew up about an hour and a half from Houston. parents are still there. i've been looking at the website and will probably go check some out next time i'm down for a visit. guess i should plan to drive for one of my trips. then it's at least not too much extra gas just for the cooker.
07-25-2006 10:47 AM
Quote this message in a reply
truoc444 Offline

Anonymous Wrote:i grew up about an hour and a half from Houston. parents are still there. i've been looking at the website and will probably go check some out next time i'm down for a visit. guess i should plan to drive for one of my trips. then it's at least not too much extra gas just for the cooker.

Joe,
Why when i clicked on the reply link in the e-mail i got did it not log my last post as me? do i have to relogin every time?

Southern Rootz BBQ...Because it's easier than saying I'm from Texas and only got stuck in Utah when my Car broke down
07-25-2006 10:53 AM
T Offline
Posting Freak

Yo Court, I really wouldn't wait for Richard anymore, what has it been now over a year and no decision. If you want to know the truth of the matter it was my first design, and it has sentimental value to him. This is what he told me as of late. He has only cooked on it twice. If I were you I would move on, step up to the plate my friend. When you go home don't bring back sausages, hook that Expedition up to a cooker, as you know they have a few down there in Texas to choose from?

keep it low-n-slow " T "

UTAH SMOKE
COMPETITION
BBQ TEAM

07-26-2006 11:03 PM
SmokinJoe Offline

Okay, Boss...I think I'm gonna' do it...just waiting to hear back from him one last time...

-joe

Get your smoke on...
07-27-2006 05:30 PM
SmokinJoe Offline

The Lang is now mine... 8)

-joe

Get your smoke on...
07-27-2006 10:04 PM
SmokinJoe Offline

SmokinJoe Wrote:The Lang is now mine... 8)

Uh...spoke too soon...it's actually a Model 60. Doubt I'll get it now...

-joe

Get your smoke on...
07-28-2006 07:30 AM
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

I don't see it on KSL ads anymore but it seems that they wanted $2800 if I remember right. That's the price of a new one with the secondary smoker which I don't remember seeing in thier photo. Did you talk to them and what is thier bottom line?
07-28-2006 10:14 AM
SmokinJoe Offline

I got him down to 1800, which had me real excited when I thought it was an 84. Now that I know it's a 60, and it retails brand new for 2195, I'm out.

I've decided to go ahead and have one built...

-joe

Get your smoke on...
07-28-2006 10:42 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Silver Smoker on KSL Classifieds Pegleg 1 814 11-09-2007 11:41 PM
Last Post: Pegleg
  Smoker for sale on KSL Classifieds Pegleg 1 9,295 08-21-2007 07:33 AM
Last Post: Pegleg
  Another interesting grill on KSL Classifieds SmokinJoe 1 1,095 08-21-2006 05:17 PM
Last Post: SmokinJoe