Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
3300 MILE STROLL
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

3300 MILE STROLL
We just got back from Memphis picking up a bass boat while hitting the "Q" joints.
Going out we stopped at Arthur Bryant's in KC. A high point in eating. What they saved on the building and furnishings, they put into the ribs. Order a full combo lunch here and you better plan on finishing it at dinner. A most see/eat when in KC.

Next stop Rosedale BBQ in KC. It did not live up to it's reputation. Been around since 1934 but not if they relied on my money.

Next stop, the Rendezvous in Memphis. Worth the drive for a rack of ribs. If I had been in Memphis 5 days, I would eat five rib dinners there. If you go, be aware that they have crazy hours (4:30 till 10:30) but they open at 2:00 on a limited menu basis. Good luck finding the alley they are in (it's next to the Peabody Hotel.) They believe in cooking nude ribs at about 800 degrees for minutes then coating with the best rub I've ever tasted. This causes the rub to liquify then harded to a crust.

Last stop Corkey's in KC, hard to get in (Seats 100) kind of upscale but good food. They know how to export doing $5,000,000 last year through FedEx.
07-21-2006 10:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

I forgot to mention that I stopped of at BBQ Bananza in KC to pick up some pellets. The owner Bob said he was leaving Friday to delever a smker to Salt Lake. I looked it over, wow. I hope it's going to one of our people, I'd love to own it. If I wasn't pulling a boat at the time, someone would have it in thier driveway right now and I'd be standing in line for the first rib!
07-21-2006 11:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply