Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pulled pork leftovers
wp-taxi-mom Offline

Pulled pork leftovers
Idea Anybody have any NEW ideas for pulled pork leftovers. We cooked a butt a few days ago and its great but I wanted to do something different with whats left any fantastic ideas? Something besides sandwiches, tacos, nachos, burritos. :?: :?:
07-13-2006 03:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
teamfat Offline

Stir fry with chopped green onions and peanuts, a dash of hot chili sauce, a splash of soy sauce.

mjb.
07-13-2006 05:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Recipies 51 recipies for sandwiches, tacos, nachos and burritos.

For myself, I would get either some Pitas or Nan, (Greek or Indian), toasted the pita bread till it puffs, (works best with the pita bread that is not pricked full of holes), then slice into the top of the pitas and make them into pockets fill the bottom half of the pocket with the pork, add salad items to taste, (lettuce, onions, white cabbage, red cabbage, cucumber & yogurt sauce, some hot chili sauce if you have it too), serve and watch them vanish before your very eyes.

Cucumber and yogurt sauce is just diced (1/2 inch square) cucumber in plain (non-fruit) yogurt; it helps take some of the fire out of the hot chili sauce.

With the Nan bread do the pork with a light curry sauce, some cooked chickpeas (Garbanzo beans), other Dhal (split peas and lentil dishes) some salad to taste, put a Nan on the side plate then the pork, lentil dishes on the main plates, use the Nan to pick up some of each food by tearing off a piece and using it to protect your fingers. Traditionally eat this way with only the right hand, even if you are left handed for everything else.

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
07-13-2006 05:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BBQUte Offline

Use your favorite pizza dough or Boboli. Mix pork with bbq sauce. Top crust with pork, top with a combination of shredded jack and cheddar cheese, top cheese with thin sliced red onion and fresh or pickled jalapeno pepper slices. Bake your BBQ pizza until crust is done and cheese is bubbly. This is a favorite at our house!!!
07-13-2006 05:53 PM
wp-taxi-mom Offline

Thanks for the great ideas, I ended up making stuffed potatoes with red chile, pork and cheese for dinner. One of these ideas will come in handy for next time.
07-13-2006 06:23 PM
T Offline
Posting Freak

Pictured in the gallery are my pulled pork wraps. This is another way that I utilize some of my leftover pork when I have guest for a different twist. Deep fry them for about two minuets and serve with a sweet sauce for dipping, everyone loves them at least they say they do. When they are free everything is the best (smile). No, I don't serve these at the restaurant even though I've been asked to.

keep it low-n-slow " T "

UTAH SMOKE
COMPETITION
BBQ TEAM

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.q4u.com">www.q4u.com</a><!-- w -->
07-16-2006 10:01 AM
Unregistered

leftovers
Pulled pork leftovers mixed with a bit of BBQ sauce and some Montery Jack cheese make a great omelet filling. Big Grin
07-19-2006 09:05 AM
Quote this message in a reply
SmokinJoe Offline

Re: leftovers
Johnrfit Wrote:Pulled pork leftovers mixed with a bit of BBQ sauce and some Montery Jack cheese make a great omelet filling. Big Grin

That DO sound nice...and I have about 8lbs of pulled pork in the freezer...hmmm...

-joe

Get your smoke on...
07-19-2006 11:33 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Luau-style Pulled Pork tipsforBBQ 2 1,259 06-27-2012 05:09 PM
Last Post: tipsforBBQ
  Pulled Pork Pockets (pics) Guest 6 2,073 02-02-2010 09:12 PM
Last Post: Guest
  I ate a pulled pork sandwitch last week at morley's. elkski 1 1,151 03-28-2008 10:44 AM
Last Post: elkski