Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Utah cooks going to Boise?
T Offline
Posting Freak

Utah cooks going to Boise?
Q4U's "Utah Smoke", Z and April "Get Qued" for sure and I know a host of judges are going. Z and I plane on leaving Friday morning early. If anyone is interested in caravaning with us let us know. Looking forward to meeting all of the Idaho cooks and having a fun packed week-end with some of the BBQ family. Thanks for the job the Utah BBQ Association did yesterday for the Big Sister Big Brother's of Utah fundraiser at Sam's club. Win loose or draw it was nice to see the association involved in something that helped raise money for a cause in the name of BBQ, way to go guys! Sam's Club is talking of making this a KCBS sanctioned event yearly, huge huh? Also nice to put some of the forum names with faces. Talked with Jim yesterday in Boise he said he is pretty sure that we should have close to 30 teams. Today I start getting my travel inventory together, will cook a few more times then it's on to Boise. If some of you are wondering how I prepare for a competition it's simple, put your BBQ glove one hand, hold it in the air, and jog. Darn I can't believe I gave away a secret. Good luck to all the competitors, and in the name of BBQ lets have some fun.

Keep it low-n-slow " T "

UTAH SMOKE
COMPETITION
BBQ TEAM

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.q4u.com">www.q4u.com</a><!-- w -->
06-18-2006 12:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rodney Offline

Iwill caravan up there with ya'll. Let me know the time and place to meat.

By the way, I love your Catfish "sammich"

"It is better to have burnt and lost, then never to have barbecued at all" - William Shakespeare
06-18-2006 03:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cyclops Offline

Boise
Hello Utah!!!
So far, we know about "Get Q'd" and "Q-4-U". from your part of the world.
If there are more of you intending to join us, please let me know.
Also, the packets won't be mailed due to the amount of late registrations and getting the complete list for the liability waivers.
All packets will be distributed upon arrival.
Don't forget about the "KING(OR QUEEN) of Sauce Saturday.
We are really looking forward to seeing all you good folks and having a great weekend of "Q".

JimMonihan
208-322-0006
208-484-1888 cll
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:jgmonihan@msn.com">jgmonihan@msn.com</a><!-- e -->
06-18-2006 09:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
T Offline
Posting Freak

One of my buddy's that I have been trying to get in touch with by cell finally came in the restaurant today craving a cat fish sammich. He lost his phone, no wonder! Jim I had asked you the other night on the phone if he registered under 3 B Qued, well here is another bulletin, he changed his team name to Smokin Willie so there are three teams from Utah that I know are coming.

keep it low-n-slow " T "

UTAH SMOKE
COMPETITION
BBQ TEAM

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.q4u.com">www.q4u.com</a><!-- w -->
06-19-2006 10:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SmokinJoe Offline

Re: Utah cooks going to Boise?
T Wrote:If some of you are wondering how I prepare for a competition it's simple, put your BBQ glove one hand, hold it in the air, and jog. Darn I can't believe I gave away a secret.

Oh!! So that's what you were doing. Becci said it was something else... :twisted:

-joe

Get your smoke on...
06-20-2006 05:01 PM
Unregistered

Re: Utah cooks going to Boise?
T Wrote:If some of you are wondering how I prepare for a competition it's simple, put your BBQ glove one hand, hold it in the air, and jog. Darn I can't believe I gave away a secret. Good luck to all the competitors, and in the name of BBQ lets have some fun.

At least you didn't tell them about the black spandex we wear! .......Oops :oops:

I'm really looking forward to the Boise trip. I'm just as excited about meeting the Idaho Q'munity as I am about competing.
06-22-2006 11:03 AM
Quote this message in a reply