Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HELP!! any bbq caterers out there?
Unregistered

HELP!! any bbq caterers out there?
Hey ya'll,
I stumbled on this website today in looking for a caterer for my wedding. I'm getting married at the end of August with a reception in Lindon, UT and we had talked about having someone there to bbq up some good stuff for our guests. I'm just wondering if there is anything out there available or if you all know of any resources? Please let me know, feel free to email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:kallikeisel@gmail.com">kallikeisel@gmail.com</a><!-- e --> or post on here.
thanks!
Kalli
06-14-2006 10:00 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

Man, you got to love someone who starts a post with "Hey, Y'all"!!! Big Grin

Glad you stumbled on to us, Kalli!... There are definitely folks on this site who do cater, so I would expect a reply or two for certain... It might help if you post the number of folks you are wanting to cater for, what kind of Que you are wanting (beef brisket, pork ribs, chicken, pulled pork, etc), and maybe how many of these meats you might want to serve at your reception (1 meat, 2 meats, etc)... That will give them a start... They will also want to know about side dishes you might want as well (types and the number of side dishes) and possibly about drinks... They can better begin to go to work for you from there.... The time of day would also be pretty helpful...

There is a big Utah State BBQ championship in late August as well, and a lot of the Que folks in Utah are making plans to attend that right now - so you might want to get on this ASAP...

Congratulations and Best Wishes on the upcoming wedding as well!!
06-14-2006 10:24 AM
Unregistered

specific dates and numbers
Oooh thanks so much for your quick reply.
For those of you interested:
my wedding date is August 31st which is a Thursday, with the reception from 6:30 to 8:30 approximately. We are looking to host around 200 to 250 people for the reception. For the meat I'm not exactly sure (we just thought of this idea yesterday!) but I'm sure we'd want a couple of different menu options. We are cost concious for sure (weddings are EXPENSIVE), but are open to all options. I look forward to hearing from any of you who are interested!
thanks so much!!!

again my email is <!-- e --><a href="mailto:kallikeisel@gmail.com">kallikeisel@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->
06-14-2006 10:57 AM