Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New forum - Form A Team
SmokinJoe Offline

New forum - Form A Team
Do you want to cook in competition? Do you need a new person on a team you already have? Post it here.

I'll start it off...

A few of us have talked about forming a UtahBBQ Association team, to consist of multiple members who would then cook in rotation. Let's say you already have a team, but a few of your members can't make it to a particular comp...join the Association's team. How abount if you've never cooked compeition before, and would love to have the chance. Join ours! See what I mean?

Nothing's set in stone, and there would be no obligation (unless you give your word about something...). It would sure be a great way to represent Utah!

What do you all think?

-joe

Get your smoke on...
05-31-2006 12:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

You know ho I feel about this Joe, Count me in
05-31-2006 07:19 PM
Quote this message in a reply
SmokinJoe Offline

Sure...who are you?

-joe

Get your smoke on...
05-31-2006 09:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DOBBQ Offline
Account not Activated

I'm warming up to the idea of competition. As a rookie this sounds like a way to gain some competition experience.
05-31-2006 11:03 PM
Unregistered

Count me in on a rotational basis as well! 8)
06-01-2006 08:30 AM
Quote this message in a reply
BBQMama Offline

Add 2 more to the list of interested parties. Would be great to get a chance to compete with a team with all different experience levels
06-01-2006 08:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rodney Offline

Joe, that was me earlier. Not sure why it showed up as a guest?

"It is better to have burnt and lost, then never to have barbecued at all" - William Shakespeare
06-01-2006 08:53 AM
DOBBQ Offline
Account not Activated

Just curious? Is there a UBBQ team cooking in August?
07-10-2006 02:52 PM
nashby Offline

I'm in, way, way in.
07-10-2006 05:17 PM
georgiagal Offline

UBBQ Team
I'll be there, just name the date, time and place. This is a great idea to have an association team.

Georgiagal
07-19-2006 06:14 PM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

BBQ Team
I am trying to gather a few folks together here in Cache Valley (Bridgerland BBQ Team), with minimal success so far, but I'd hook up with anyone in the Association I've met and cook with them. It looks like most of the big boys have 3 folks per team. Is that about the best number? Seems to me if any more were involved they'd be stepping on each other in a 10' square space.
Gene
07-23-2006 03:26 PM
Tuff Offline

Pick me! Pick me!!!!!!!!!!!! 8O

I want to be on the Utah association team!!!!!!!

Where do I sign??? :?:
07-23-2006 04:11 PM
Pegleg Offline

Joe,
I would also be VERY interested in being part of a team, just say the word.

Lyle
08-27-2006 08:53 AM
Hook Offline

Me too!
08-28-2006 09:48 AM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Perhaps for the next comptition we could possibly field several teams: -

UtahBBQ Association 1
UtahBBQ Association 2
UtahBBQ Association 3 etc

Or maybe settle into 3 person teams and share the costs 3 ways?

I am more than willing to throw my hat into the ring for either method of getting into competition cooking.

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
08-28-2006 04:02 PM
Ribboy Offline

Is there a standard number for a BBQ team? Also, is there a registration process for team names or is it less formal than that?

Thanks!
08-28-2006 07:55 PM
Pegleg Offline

That sounds like a great idea as well I'm in either way, just say the word!!
08-28-2006 08:53 PM
SmokinJoe Offline

Ribboy Wrote:Is there a standard number for a BBQ team? Also, is there a registration process for team names or is it less formal than that?

A typical team consists of 2-4 people, but can certainly vary. Some teams are just one person, or on up to 6.

There's no real "official" method of registering a team name. There's BBQTeamNames.Com, but it's certainly not an official name registrar - just the closest thing to it.

Rodney and I formed "Ash Kickers BBQ" a little while back, and would welcome additional members or observers - preferrably members...observers don't really DO anything! :wink: So, in a sense, you could consider our team to be UtahBBQ 1.

-joe

Get your smoke on...
08-28-2006 10:52 PM
Hook Offline

Joe,

I was offered a spot on the team for Pleasant Grove for the 8th and 9th. If it's still available, I'd be proud to accept. Big Grin

Hook
08-29-2006 12:48 PM
Rodney Offline

It is still available and we would love to have you there. E-mail me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:Rmyers@alsco.com">Rmyers@alsco.com</a><!-- e --> and I will let you know the details.

"It is better to have burnt and lost, then never to have barbecued at all" - William Shakespeare
08-29-2006 12:57 PM
Ribboy Offline

SmokinJoe Wrote:
Ribboy Wrote:Is there a standard number for a BBQ team? Also, is there a registration process for team names or is it less formal than that?

A typical team consists of 2-4 people, but can certainly vary. Some teams are just one person, or on up to 6.

There's no real "official" method of registering a team name. There's BBQTeamNames.Com, but it's certainly not an official name registrar - just the closest thing to it.

Rodney and I formed "Ash Kickers BBQ" a little while back, and would welcome additional members or observers - preferrably members...observers don't really DO anything! :wink: So, in a sense, you could consider our team to be UtahBBQ 1.

Thanks for the information and the invite.
08-30-2006 07:48 PM
RBQue Offline

Count Norma Jean's BBQ in, both Utah and Bridgerland teams
Gene Email me @ <!-- e --><a href="mailto:rboxx@cachesheriff.com">rboxx@cachesheriff.com</a><!-- e -->
09-26-2007 12:47 AM
Tour de Que Offline
Account not Activated

Re: New forum - Form A Team
I was just going through some of the forums and came across this thread from a while back. What ever came of this. This is exactly what I would like to do this year. I don't really want to be an "observer" - I want to help out. However, I really have no experience in the competition scene. With the exception of the Hyrum even in May, I'd be up for helping any team that would allow a novice with TONS of ambition into the circle to duke it out with you. This goes for either Utah or Idaho competitions.

Let me know ...

TDQ
01-12-2008 07:03 PM
no1plumber Offline
Banned

Why don't we start an apprenticeship program. Where a registered team could take someone under their wing and teach them the ropes.
01-13-2008 08:07 PM
Tour de Que Offline
Account not Activated

no1plumber;p="7230 Wrote:Why don't we start an apprenticeship program. Where a registered team could take someone under their wing and teach them the ropes.

I'd sure love taking part in such a program.
01-13-2008 09:11 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Wink Looking for a Team/or to form a Team jmayo1976 0 250 02-16-2014 10:01 PM
Last Post: jmayo1976
  Join or form a Team dousley 6 3,060 11-09-2012 01:20 AM
Last Post: Fletch Master Flex
  Looking to form a Competion Team for 2010+ Three4Que 5 2,000 06-25-2010 09:22 AM
Last Post: SoEzzy