Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone cooking this weekend?
T Offline
Posting Freak

Anyone cooking this weekend?
Starting at 5 am Tyson and I will be putting on some butts and briskets, later in the day we will put on ribs and chicken. I will also do my usual pig on Fridays. keep it low-n-slow " T "

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.q4u.com">www.q4u.com</a><!-- w -->
05-18-2006 08:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

T, I sure wish I was doing a little Que this weekend... We are going to see a School of Rock performance tomorrow night ("Hard Kickin' Southern Rock").. I have a couple of kids in our practice that will be performing... And then Saturday, I have an all day CPR class I have to attend (a lovely annual event that is mandatory)... Maybe I will crank things up on Sunday... Ribs are sounding good to me right now, along with maybe a pork butt... Might see if I can find a Picnic instead of a butt for a change...

For those of you who didn't know, we do indeed have a "School of Rock" down in SLC.... And you might want to go check out a performance sometime... They really are pretty decent - but more than anything, they are a lot of fun - watching these young rockers doing their thing... Check out the website at:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.schoolofrock.com/slc/index.htm">http://www.schoolofrock.com/slc/index.htm</a><!-- m -->
05-18-2006 11:19 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Gumbo Offline

Hey T, I had a 30-mouth feed last Sat. Then another on Sun for immediate family. I'm thinking of making gumbo this weekend.

Here's last Sunday's tri-tip. I smoke it lightly first at low temp, then finish on a hot grill. Sliced thin and served on buns brushed with garlic butter and toasted on the grill. Mmm!

[Image: tt-sliced.jpg]
05-19-2006 07:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

Dang, Gumbo... You got to quit posting photos like this!!! It isn't 9 AM yet, and now my mouth is a droolin'!!!

Good looking food, my friend!!! 8)
05-19-2006 08:56 AM
BBQUte Offline

Smokin' on Saturday!!
Making 9 racks of baby back ribs for a friend's party.
05-19-2006 10:20 AM
Fadunk Offline

I'm smoking a brisket starting late Saturday night. Sunday afternoon I'll finish the brisket and make some pork spares.

I'll have to take pictures and post here, since everybody else's food looks so good in other posts.

NICE looking tri-tip, Gumbo,

Fadunk
05-19-2006 10:38 AM
SmokinJoe Offline

Hoochie-Que Wrote:For those of you who didn't know, we do indeed have a "School of Rock" down in SLC.... And you might want to go check out a performance sometime... They really are pretty decent - but more than anything, they are a lot of fun - watching these young rockers doing their thing... Check out the website at:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.schoolofrock.com/slc/index.htm">http://www.schoolofrock.com/slc/index.htm</a><!-- m -->

Y'know, I do believe they will be performing out our cookoff in August... 8)

-joe

Get your smoke on...
05-19-2006 01:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SmokinJoe Offline

I'll be heading over to Q4U tonight with the family, then tomorrow I will be doing a brisket. Found a full packer at Wally World for $1.59/lb that's been aging in my fridge since Sunday.

Not totally sure how I'll do it just yet. I have been running sand in my waterpan in the WSM for quite a long time, and I may do it in there like that or just remove the water pan altogether, add a stick of pecan and let it go and get that fat-in-the-fire flavor going as well. Just put a dalmation rub on tonight when I get home, throw it on tomorrow morning...yeah...sounds like a plan!

-joe

Get your smoke on...
05-19-2006 01:37 PM
T Offline
Posting Freak

Gumbo
Great job, I just finished a big cook yesterday as I said but, having sampled all of that I would make a sandwich or two out of your cook in a hot second. Keep up the good work.

Keep it low-n-slow " T "

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.q4u.com">www.q4u.com</a><!-- w -->
05-20-2006 09:00 AM
T Offline
Posting Freak

Results of our cook yesterday
The cook was a success even though we had some great challenges. I am sure that anyone cooking at the time that wicked storm came through yesterday experienced that same, high winds, dust, severe drops in temperature, and hard rain. I was 1 hour into my plateau with my pork and brisket, ribs where on, and chicken just starting in the WSM when it hit. The choice was made (simulation) there are 28 more teams going through the same deal so let's get busy, "let the games begin" We fought through the elements and I will admit I often thought of the boys at the Royal. I looked at my pit temp at one point and it had dropped 60 degrees, no turning the pit out of the wind. I also had about an hour left before the pig was ready to serve. I now know what a one legged man feels like in a but kicking contest. I regained my pit temp, the WSM, and the Pig Roaster survived and I finished the cook. With the all of the challenges I was satisfied with the cook. Anyone else cooked through that storm?

" keep it low -n-slow "

05-20-2006 09:34 AM
Unregistered

Went to the the School of Rock performance Friday night.... They said the show we saw that night pretty much will the one they will do in August (Southern rock)... And it was really good... 2-10 song sets... And yeah, there were a couple of "stinkers"... But the other 17-18 songs we heard were really quite good considering just how young a lot of these kids are!!!... And the kids were having a great time... Sound guy was having a little trouble with the music from the instruments drowning out some of the vocals at times, but it was a venue they had not played before, so I am certain that had a lot to do with it...

Make certain to go check them out when they perform at the State BBQ Championship in August!!
05-21-2006 02:00 PM
Cyclops Offline

Gumbo's Tri-Tip
Hey Gumbo,
If that Tri-Tip tasted half as good as it looked, You would have probably won Pike Place. I can almost taste it now.
Cyclops
05-21-2006 10:04 PM
elkski Offline

T, can you tell us how you regained the temps in the WSM and what the temps were before the storm hit?
05-22-2006 07:25 PM
T Offline
Posting Freak

WSM temperature
Elkski, call me at the restaurant, be glad to.

keep it low-n-slow " T "

05-22-2006 09:53 PM