Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
In the hole after CBJ class...
SmokinJoe Offline

In the hole after CBJ class...
Well...

While the class was a big success satisfaction-wise, it sure didn't pan out too well on the financial side. We're $67.07 in the hole.

Original, we (I) understood the terms to be that there was a minumum of 24 attendees needed for the class. Any registrations above that were money in the bank for the Association. Turns out that wasn't true, and that ALL the registration fees go to KCBS regardless of the number. Kinda' makes sense after an explanation I got, but still...

Then, it was explained to me that the cost of the meat used and the travel expenses for the instructor were figured into the cost of the class, and that we didn't need to worry. Not so...both are separate from the cost of the class. However, the cost of the meat gets deducted from the amount owed to KCBS, so in a way it actually is figured into it. However, the travel costs are completely separate, and that's what caused the trouble.

While there were a good amount of donations to the Association over the past couple weeks, after all is said and done we're still $67.07 in the hole.

Well...at least we know better now!

Thanks to all who attended - and donated! It really was a great class!

-joe

Get your smoke on...
05-14-2006 08:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

class
Joe,
Thanks for putting that class together. What a neat experience. What good food, oops, awsome food.
Coalbucket
05-14-2006 11:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SmokinJoe Offline

Re: class
coalbucket Wrote:Joe,
Thanks for putting that class together. What a neat experience. What good food, oops, awsome food.
Coalbucket

That's what it was all about! My wife and I covered the discrepancy, and it was never going to be a profitable venture. It was always about the Q, and getting more people into it.

Sure took a heckuva lot of work, but I'd do it again - and WILL, if you folks tell me there's enough interest in another class. Ask around! See if you can come up with at least 24 people, since that's the minimum for a class.

Let me know!

-joe

Get your smoke on...
05-14-2006 10:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hook Offline

In the hole
Hey Joe,

I'll help with that short fall. Just donated to help cover it.
It was great class and worth every penny.

Hook
05-19-2006 08:15 AM
Unregistered

Hook -

On behalf of the UBBQA, thanks so much chippin' in to help out!!! 8)
05-19-2006 09:01 AM
Quote this message in a reply
SmokinJoe Offline

Yes, thanks to all! We're actually even now, but we really need to do some fundraising so we don't get nailed again with the cookoff coming up. We'll need to pay to floy the reps out here, their lodging, etc., plus all the numerous misc expenses that will come up gearing up for it!

Need flyers and other printed materials, some stuff for other promotions...too much to mention here. Another reaon we need volunteers for the Steering Committee and such...

-joe

Get your smoke on...
05-22-2006 03:22 PM