Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Getting your grill ready for the summer
ChubbyKeith Offline

Getting your grill ready for the summer
Its a good idea to check your grill before cooking. For those of you who cook on gas take the time to check for leaks. This can be done by putting some soapy water in a spray bottle and check all of your fittings & regulators. Your regulator has a vent hole that can leak serious gas in the event the diaphram fails. So spray your regulator.
Lets talk spiders and spider webs. The majority of problems we have come in are do to spiders getting into places they should not. Good idea to have a venturi brush to keep those areas clean.
An easy way to keep your cooking grates clean is to take a rag and fold up so you don't burn your hand. Wet your rag and while the grill is hot wipe the grates from back to front rather quick this sort of steam cleans your grates. Then take another rag and fold in same manner and put some vegtable oil it and wipe from back to front this will coat your grates as well as keep the black nasty chunks from getting on your food.
If you have lava rock in your grill get rid of them. They are nasty, they hold oil that can go bad. They give you no heat retention value. Use a ceramic grate. This will even out the hot and cold spots and give you a more even cooking area. Have fun cooking and remember a little maintinance will save you a lot of pain. Idea
05-04-2006 03:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
phatch Offline

I've pulled spiderwebs nnd egg sacks out of my gas tubes before. Do check them. I tend to use my gas grill all year so the spiders don't get much chance there, but they have given me a ton of grief once in my Camp Chef stove.

Phil
05-04-2006 03:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply