Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Oregon Scientific Wireless BBQ and Oven Thermometer
Tuff Offline

Oregon Scientific Wireless BBQ and Oven Thermometer
One of the most fantastic tools I have ever BBQd with is the Oregon Scientific AW129 Wireless BBQ and Oven Thermometer.

It is really simple to use and helps you track your meats progress without having to open your pit.
[Image: imageloader.gif]

P.S. Thanks mrclearhair. :wink:

He gave this to me for my birthday. Big Grin
04-28-2006 07:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fadunk Offline

I got one of these for my birthday several months ago, and it works really well. The wireless range is excellent.

My only (minor) gripe has been that you can't manually select an alarm temperature--only what they say each meat should be cooked to. So, for instance, when I used it on a brisket I had to set the unit to "Turkey" to keep it from alarming way too early. After the brisket reached 180 I had to turn off the alarm and just check the temp every now and then. Not a big deal though, since I'd be watching the temperature anyway.

Worked great for a pork roast on Sunday as well--same issue with the temperature; just have to ignore the alarm.

All in all a solid device.

fadunk
05-02-2006 12:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
phatch Offline

How much for a uniit like that?

Phil
05-02-2006 12:32 PM
mrclearhair Offline

Hello everyone, I'm very impressed with the site!

The wireless thermometers range from a real good deal of $9.99 on ebay to about $30.

Mrclearhair
05-02-2006 08:13 PM
Gumbo Offline

I think the Oregon Scientific is available at Costco. Another inexpensive one is the Taylor at Target. Polders at Bed Bath & Beyond.

I have the Maverick ET-73 and it has the two probes (one for meat, the other for the pit temp) and alarms for both. Cabela's has them.
05-03-2006 07:47 AM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

remote thermos
I use Taylors model 1474. It is good for 120 ft remote from the Q and is programable to what temp you want as well as an alarm when the temp is reached. It also has a preset for most meats we'd cook anyway. It lists for about $70.
Coalbucket
05-03-2006 12:58 PM