Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Grilled asparagas/zuchini/fruit
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Grilled asparagas/zuchini/fruit
For you omnivores. (meat, veggies, fruits, etc.) That's me. I'll try anything from a BBQ rig or a D.O.
Using small asparagas stalks, rinse them off well, pat dry with a paper towel. Lightly coat with olive oil, and sprinkle with a seasoning of your choice. (I like Traegers Veggie shake with added garlic powder.) Place over a high heat source and grill for about 5 minutes, I'd say less heat/time on a gas outfit. They want to be aldente' as the fancy chefs say, Just slightly limp.
For zuchini, pick small ones, 1 1/2" or so in diameter. Cut them length wise in quarters. Oil & season them up and grill with the cut sides on the grill so you get the grill marks. Cook for a couple of minutes and roll over to the other cut side and sear it till slightly limp. Great side dishes. Any veggie should work.
Try grilled fresh pineapple or peaches. (come late summer) Put a little Nutella on the pineapple after it's plated.
04-09-2006 07:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
phatch Offline

For zuchinni, I always slice them in slabs lengthwise about 1/4 inch thick.
Brush with olive oil or garlic oil and season with lemon pepper. The big flat surface picks up grill marks and presents well. Cooks more evenly too than a quarter, although the quarter is easier to slice.

Phil
05-03-2006 12:16 PM
Gumbo Offline

I do the same with potatoes on the grill: cut in slabs, brush on some olive oil, then season with sea salt. Carrots work well too, though my kids love the potatoes.
05-30-2006 12:31 PM
Botch Offline

I'm a little late with this for this season, it's one of our favorites.

Slice ripe peaches in half and put them on the grill cut side down for about four minutes (test, it'll depend on the heat of your fire). Turn them over, cut side up, sprinkle with brown sugar, then put a tablespoon of spiced rum into the pit depression. Grill another four minutes or so.
Put each peach half into serving bowls, and top with a scoop of slightly soft French Vanilla ice cream. Good stuff, Maynard!
09-25-2006 03:25 PM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Grilled fruit etc
Botch,
It can't be to late. The stands through Willard and Perry still have the peaches on display. The grilled peach sounds good.
If anyone is in a D.O. mode try making a fresh peach/blackberry cobbler. I usually just use a yellow cake mix, sprinkle some cinnamon/sugar on the fruit, more sugar than cinnamon depending on the tartness of the fruit.
The gal that had Kathys' cafe in Willard/Perry? made an awsome apple/raspberry pie. One would need to get creative and experiment on the filling portions but those two fruits together are very tasty. Raspberries are still around and the apples are now coming on. I'd use a Mac or Jonathan for that pie.
Gene
09-25-2006 06:25 PM
BBQUte Offline

The slab cut for zuchini is the best! A tip for asparagus is to lay them on the counter BEFORE you oil or sesaon them and skewer them with two bamboo(soaked in water) or metal skewers like "a raft". This makes them easier to turn on the grill. This Skewer method (using one skewer) also works well for grilled sweet onions -red, white or yellow.We love to grill veggies
09-25-2006 11:43 PM
Gumbo Offline

Here's some asparagus rafts:

[Image: tt-grill.jpg]
09-26-2006 12:40 PM
no1plumber Offline
Banned

Fruit
One of my favorite thing's on the grill is Pineapple. Its great with a little smoke flavor. Here's a great receipe for Grilled Pineapple salsa.
1 ripe pineapple
1 medium red bell pepper
1 medium yellow bell pepper
1 poblano chile or meduim green bell pepper
1/2 to 1 habanero or other hot chile
1 T mince ginger
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
3 T fresh lime juice, or more to taste
1 T firmly packed light brown sugar
Peel and core the pineapple. slice into quarters.
Arrange the pineapple and peppers on the grill. Turn with tongs untill charred on all sides and peppers beging to blister. cool
Place into food processor and chop into desired thickness. A add other ingredents and mix well.
Its great on chips and also on Teriyaki chicken topped with a slice of swiss cheese.
09-30-2006 09:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

grilled asparagas
Hurry up spring. Love that grilled asparagas. no more hot water/steam for them at my place. Good lookin' shot there. I'm getting hungry.
Gene
10-06-2006 10:54 AM
Unregistered

sfdwf212421
http://myblog.es/penis-enlargement/art/2...ent_Pills_
<a href="http://myblog.es/penis-enlargement/art/28617/Penis_Enlargement_Penis_Enlargement_Pills_">penis enlargement</a>
11-07-2006 11:29 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

grilled Asparagas
To Guest, who posted the previous note. Go away! :x
11-10-2006 10:50 AM
Unregistered

sfdwf21242122
11-20-2006 06:26 PM
Quote this message in a reply