Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
We're official! We're in the WBBQA!
SmokinJoe Offline

We're official! We're in the WBBQA!
Okay, folks - I SAID there were going to be huge things in the works, and now I'm going to make good on some of it.

Talks have been going on for some time now with the Western BBQ Association for the Utah BBQ Association to become affiliated with their organization, and now it has actually happened. The governing board of the WBBQA has accepted us, the Utah BBQ Association, to be the Utah Chapter of the Western BBQ Association. It doesn't get much more official than that, folks.

What this means to the WBBQA is that they now have access, for lack of a better word, to Utah for the purposes of promoting BBQ. They will act on our behalf for the purposes of setting up BBQ events, while showing us the ropes and getting us prepared to set them up and promote them ourselves. What this means to US, though, is far greater.

We may use their published bylaws of organization, their knowledge and their tools for the purpose of promoting BBQ in Utah, sure, but...Utah cooks/teams now can now be officially recognized because we can soon be hosting sanctionedevents right here in Utah! We'll talk more on that subject later, but take my word for it folks - this is big news! We are now actually, officially part of a larger BBQ organization that knows what they are doing, and does things right.

At your earliest ability, please register, login, and have a look around on their website. Feel free to ask questions, but most of all, READ. Look around and get yourself familiar with the info on those pages because you're going to be cooking against some of these people! :o)

Get in there and get to know the names and the people, and post to let them get to know you, too. Post right here on our site, as well, because they're going to be visiting us on our own site as well.

Stay tuned, folks...there's MUCH more to come!

-joe

Get your smoke on...
12-10-2005 02:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rick Offline

Joe and The Utah BBQ Association,
First let me convey geetings from all of us at the WBBQA, and second but most important let me congradulate you on your efforts to bring BBQ to the Great State of Utah. I am amazed at how far you have come in so short a time. We are honored you have selected us to mentor you through the formative first steps of your BBQ organization. If what we have witnessed to date is any indication, the Utah BBQ Association has a very, very bright future.

Thanks again, come visit and make yourselves at home.
Rick Naug
12-10-2005 05:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
minion Offline

Joe & UBBQA
I would also like to introduce myself and offer any help I can.

As the Pres of WBBQA I have been working with Rick and our board from the start and I do sit on the KCBS board.

I am looking forward to meeting you all.

Jim
WBBQA
KCBS
12-10-2005 11:30 PM
Hook Offline

Team member
Having just said in the poll that I'd like to be a team member: let me say that I've never been a BBQ team member. However, I can't think of a better way to learn how to be.

Actually, I'd work in almost any capacity as long as it included sampling the entries. Big Grin

Count me in.

Wishing the best of the seaon to all,

Hook
12-12-2005 08:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Woodslinger Offline

Re: We're official! We're in the WBBQA!
Thank you for making Idaho the center of the WBBQA!

But seriously, congratulations on your new affiliation. This makes our great group even greater. Speaking on behalf of my fellow Idahoans, we are looking forward to seeing you all at many of the competitions. My hope is that we will have a high level of mutual support with each other's events. We'll need each other's support to help ensure our own states' events are viable and exciting. Speaking of which, please mark your calendars for the Idaho State Championship in Boise, which tentatively is scheduled for June 23-24--more on this soon!

Please sign up for the WBBGA Forum when you have five minutes to spare. It's a great resource.

Best to you!

Sherman Leibow
V.P., WBBQA

~ ShermanSmoke This!
12-12-2005 01:28 PM
Z Offline

Z
Hey everyone,

Z here. Me and April competed in the Idaho BBQ Championship last year. It was a lot of fun and everyone there was friendly, helpful and supportive. The only disappointment was that we were the only team from Utah. We would like everyone to make it this year so we can show the WBBQA that Utah is serious about our BBQ. So mark it on your calendars everyone. I hope you all there.

Z and April
Get Q'd BBQ Team and Catering
(formerly K Town BBQ)
12-27-2005 12:12 AM