Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wood sources in SL Valley
SmokinJoe Offline

Wood sources in SL Valley
Other than the bagged wood at places like Lowe's, Home Depot, Cabela's, etc., anyone know of a good place in the area for wood?

I'd be interested in chunks, as well as some nice splits for my offset.

-joe

Get your smoke on...
11-15-2005 12:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
T Offline
Posting Freak

My supplier
Standard Wood Supply at 155 W. 3300 S. on the south side of the road east of Trax. Good supply of Hickory, Cherry, White Oak, and Cherry Apple mix. 801-485-9663. At the last competition I had three bondles on display and passed out cards when I had a chance. Got to get some for Friday, I have a show to do on channel 2, a promotion for the Utah, BYU game. Tydawg and I will represent the U of U againts and unknown team for BYU, not a real competition though, should be fun. Anything to promote Utah BBQ. Friday 4-6 several live shots. Keep it Low and Slow
11-16-2005 11:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SmokinJoe Offline

Sounds like a bit of fun! Hey, if you and Tyson ever need a TB, I'd be happy to join in!

-joe

Get your smoke on...
11-16-2005 05:45 PM
Ribboy Offline

Hello. I'm brand new to the Association but not BBQ. I have found good fruit wood from the orchards when they trim their trees. I prefer apple but cherry or even peach or appricot will do. I have also gotten creative by keeping my eyes open while driving around the area and when small private fruit trees look like they need trimmed or removed, I've offered to "help out". Good luck. Oh yes, Standard wood supply offers bundles of oak and hickory for sale but you can't afford to use strictly this for the fire source.

Hope this helps. Happy smoking!
07-16-2006 07:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply