Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Utah BBQ Association
SmokinJoe Offline

The Utah BBQ Association
Okay, folks, time to get down to business!

Thanks mostly to 'T', there are more folks that know about this site and are getting registered in the forums. Now would be a good time to start talking about the direction we would like to take.

Notice that I say "we"...that's because I do not consider this site to be "mine". This isn't about me, this is about BBQ in Utah, and I believe it belongs to all of us that are interested in promoting BBQ in Utah. Yes, I've paid out of my own pocket so far, but the expense has been minimal. No biggie.

What we ought to start talking about now, though, is organizing. If we want to be taken seriously, we can't be a bunch of rag-tag backyard cooks all amped up about Q. In order to be taken seriously, we need to, well, get serious and organize. We need to form an official organization, get the word out, establish a charter, decide on dues...you know, all that business.

I have to tell you, though, that while I have managed to do all that you're able to see so far, and continue to work for this, I am NOT an organized person and doubt I would make much of a point person as far as leadership goes. I'll man the helm for the time being, but I don't believe I am the right person to lead the actual organization, once formed. We should, once we have a bit larger site membership, form some sort of steering comittee. This way, one person won't be the decision maker for the whole body...don't want a dictatorship! :lol:

So...I welcome all comments, suggestions, criticisms...etc. Let's get the communication started and begin braistorming what we would like to see for the future of this organization.

-joe

Get your smoke on...
11-07-2005 10:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UtahDave Offline

members
I've noticed that there are a quite a few registered users, however many of the posts have been from enthusiasts from out of state wishing us well. Is there any feeling to how large the indigenous bbq population is?
12-11-2005 07:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Utah BBQ Association becomes Organized SoEzzy 6 4,455 02-16-2011 04:14 PM
Last Post: tex-mex
  so what is the Intermountain BBQ Association??? BBQUte 16 4,543 05-03-2010 01:47 PM
Last Post: wallywombat
  2009 Utah BBQ Association Holiday Get-Together BBQMama 29 5,964 12-16-2009 11:23 PM
Last Post: Grill Sargent