Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Huntsville Competion 1-2 Jul 2011-Judge Perspective
stewartr002 Offline

Huntsville Competion 1-2 Jul 2011-Judge Perspective
I want to congratulate all of the teams that participated in the Huntsville competition on the quality of the BBQ presented. Overall, the entries were of very high quality which made my scoring higher on average than in previous contests. I experienced more BBQ that scored 9's than in any other contest so far. Great job to the teams.

Also, in the backyard category, I was especially impressed by the two team's entries. They were very close in my scoring and of as good quality as the Pro teams. Watch out Pro's, these two teams will give you a run for your money when they chose to move up to the Pro. level (I think they are both ready right now). Super job by those two teams.

Congratulations to T (Utah Smoke) and Jesse (Big Johnson's BBQ) and their teams for winning Grand Champion and Reserve Champion respectively. With all of the excellent BBQ submitted, this was a tough competion. Great job!

Hope to see everyone at the next competition. Again, great job Utah BBQ teams. You just keep getting better!

Randy

Randy Stewart
"Utah BBQ Org., Florida BBQ Asoc., & KCBS Certified Judge"
Green Mountain Grill Jim Bowie Pellet Smoker
Smoke On!
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2011 06:40 AM by stewartr002.)
07-03-2011 06:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Huntsville Competion 1-2 Jul 2011-Judge Perspective
Congrats to all that got a walk! Hope to see some Utah cooks up here for the Boise Music Festival on the 23rd of July a 10,000 contest!, and or the Declo comp. ( Village Of Trees) Labor Day weekend.....

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
And yes... I hate Brett Favre
07-04-2011 04:26 PM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

(07-04-2011 04:26 PM)PackerBacker Wrote:  Congrats to all that got a walk! Hope to see some Utah cooks up here for the Boise Music Festival on the 23rd of July a 10,000 contest!, and or the Declo comp. ( Village Of Trees) Labor Day weekend.....

Dave

Well done to all that walked, it was a great place for a competition, quiet, plenty of shade, they even closed a street, parks groundsman was a really nice guy and did everything to make us welcome.

I won't be at the music fest, got to commit some time to the family during the holidays.

VOT only has the dates so far and they are not for Labor day weekend, have things changed?

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
07-04-2011 05:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

My mistake, V.O.T. (Declo) is Sept 9-10 Registration forms and payout schedule will be out by end of this week... Chris.... the festival is the 23rd of July, what holiday are you celebrating???

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
And yes... I hate Brett Favre
07-05-2011 09:10 AM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

The kids are off school holiday! Wink

I'm out BBQing 3 weekends out of 4 in August, and probably 2 in September, July is the quiet month, so I'm committed to family things locally, as I work the week, and take the weekends off most of the time, so that I fit in with my clients schedules.

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
07-05-2011 09:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bud-wie-ser Offline

(07-05-2011 09:10 AM)PackerBacker Wrote:  the festival is the 23rd of July, what holiday are you celebrating???

July 24th is pioneer day in Utah, one of the biggest celebrations of the year here.

Bud
Sugaz and Spice BBQ
----------------------------------------------
Custom Drum Smoker
UDS
KCBS Certified BBQ Judge
07-05-2011 10:40 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Second BBQ 101 Class In Jul 2011 stewartr002 4 1,547 07-09-2011 05:15 AM
Last Post: stewartr002