Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Low & Slow BBQ In Roy Utah
stewartr002 Offline

Low & Slow BBQ In Roy Utah
Hey, hey, hey! I just visited Desert Magnolia's BBQ & Catering at 4066 S, 1900 W., in Roy to sample their BBQ and was delighted! I met Brad and his significant other this afternoon and sampled their pork, brisket, beef ribs, slaw, beans, potatoe salad, and two sauces. Yum, yum. The pork (chopped) and brisket (sliced) were the stand-outs. Pork was very moist and had a unique and delicious flavor. The brisket was tender, tasty and sported a nice smoke ring. The sides were solid with the slaw dressing on the light and vinegar side. The sauces, one sweet and one chipolte, were very good, served on the side, and leaned toward the Memphis variety. Good eatin' for sure. Better yet, we now have a real "low and slow" BBQ joint close enough to work that I can run out for lunch. And, I can't wait to sample their ribs and chicken which are available Monday - Wednesday.

They smoke on a Texas Pit, which is just outside their place, and use local fruit woods. The smell in the air is devine! Couldn't help but get some of everything available. From what I hear, they vend at the Odgen Farmers Market on Saturdays. Guess Pam and I will have to pay the market a visit around lunchtime tomorrow. If you are in the neighborhood, recommend you give them a try...you won't be disappointed.

Randy
P.S. By the way, they have a web site here: http://www.backcountrybbqandcatering.com .

Randy Stewart
"Utah BBQ Org. & KCBS Certified Judge"
Green Mountain Grill Jim Bowie Pellet Smoker
Smoke On!
07-08-2011 04:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Desert Magnolia Offline

RE: Low & Slow BBQ In Roy Utah
Thanks for the kind words, Randy! We hope to see y'all soon!

BDS 1 BDS 2
Rub Q Long Time BBQ Team
KCBS member
07-08-2011 04:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply