Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any other Utah competitions this year?
Three4Que Offline

Any other Utah competitions this year?
Since I was unable to make it to Rockin' Ribs due to illness I am really bumbed out. This has been my favorite competition to Judge and renew friendships as well as make new friends. I'm not sure who is more depressed me or my 8 yr old son. He keeps telling me, "LETS GO ANYWAY DAD!"

So, here is the reason for this post: Jarek would like to know if there are any more competitions this year or when is the first one in 2012?

Who knows, he may be willing to help me finally cook next year.

KCBS Certified Judge Smoking on UDS, WSM and Kingsford Grill
Smokin' Critters BBQ Team
08-20-2011 12:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pwheeler Offline

Tongue RE: Any other Utah competitions this year?
(08-20-2011 12:40 PM)Three4Que Wrote:  Since I was unable to make it to Rockin' Ribs due to illness I am really bumbed out. This has been my favorite competition to Judge and renew friendships as well as make new friends. I'm not sure who is more depressed me or my 8 yr old son. He keeps telling me, "LETS GO ANYWAY DAD!"

So, here is the reason for this post: Jarek would like to know if there are any more competitions this year or when is the first one in 2012?

Who knows, he may be willing to help me finally cook next year.

I have a BBQ Competition in June in Tooele County. I will be needing judges. Pro Competition is June 8-9, and Backyarders is June 9th. I will have local VIPs judge the backyarders. But I need Pro judges. Are you interested?
01-24-2012 10:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Three4Que Offline

RE: Any other Utah competitions this year?
[/quote]

I have a BBQ Competition in June in Tooele County. I will be needing judges. Pro Competition is June 8-9, and Backyarders is June 9th. I will have local VIPs judge the backyarders. But I need Pro judges. Are you interested?
[/quote]

There's a good chance I will be able to judge at this one. I'll keep watching for more info as we get closer to the date. I might even be able to pull some family in to help.

KCBS Certified Judge Smoking on UDS, WSM and Kingsford Grill
Smokin' Critters BBQ Team
01-30-2012 12:00 AM
pwheeler Offline

[/quote]

There's a good chance I will be able to judge at this one. I'll keep watching for more info as we get closer to the date. I might even be able to pull some family in to help.
[/quote]

That would be great. Keep in touch. I'll contact you later with more information.
01-31-2012 02:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pegleg Offline

We are working on the Smokin' Valley BBQ Challenge in Huntsville on September 14th 2012. Greg is in the process of finalizing the info with KCBS. More info to follow.

Lyle Earl
KCBS Certified Judge
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark ---- professionals built the Titanic.
01-31-2012 09:20 PM