Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rock N Ribs 2011
Steve in Denver Offline

Rock N Ribs 2011
I want to take a minute to thank the members of the Utah BBQ Association for the opportunity to participate in your event. The site of the event is probably the most unique I have ever cooked at. The discounts on the rooms at the Marriott were a great perk. The entry fee/payout scale was outstanding. The Friday night potluck was awesome. And the announcement that the "out of state guests were first in line" was pretty cool too. That was some good grub! If anyone went hungry it was their own fault. Smile
I also want to thank all the teams and judges that filled out the surveys. The organizer will be sent the results of the survey so they can see the areas that they excelled in and also some ares that can use some improvement for next year (every competition has those).

Overall the event went very smooth and was well run. Only complaints I saw or heard were pretty minor considering the complexity of the event. I will certainly keep it on the schedule for next year. Thanks to all that helped make it a great success! Good job Utah!
Steve Marrs
Denver Cajun BBQ Krewe
08-22-2011 02:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

RE: Rock N Ribs 2011
Good to eye-ball you. Hope you remember that short road West next time we throw a get together.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

"Never Trust A Skinny Cook"
Lang 60
FEC100
WSM
Traeger
08-22-2011 08:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Steve in Denver Offline

RE: Rock N Ribs 2011
I must have been telling him..."No you can't see how I do pork"...lol...only explanation I have for that pic!
Steve
08-22-2011 10:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Rock n Ribs explanation. T 0 666 04-30-2012 11:07 AM
Last Post: T
  Rock N' Ribs Results LoneStar Smoke Rangers 9 2,623 08-22-2011 05:37 PM
Last Post: Steve in Denver
  Rock n Ribs 2011 including the Team List T 101 26,346 08-19-2011 03:33 PM
Last Post: elkski