Joined: Nov 2005
BUDWEISER CHILI COOK-OFF
BUDWEISER CHILI COOK-OFF
Specialty Tent, Thursday September 15
Cooking Begins at 5:00 pm Judging at 8:30 pm
1st Place $300 2nd Place $200 3rd Place $100
Plus- Best Booth Awards
Entry Fee is $20, you can enter online at the Utah State Fair Website.
1. Entries limited to the first twenty (20). Contestants may compete as individuals or a two (2) member team. Only the two registered contestants will be allowed in the booth during the event.
2. Entry form and $20.00 non-refundable fee must be received by 3:00 pm, Wednesday Sept 7, 2010. The entry fee does include parking. Please see the contestant rules for details.
3. Check-in and booth set-up begins at 2:30 pm. Cook's meeting is at 4:30 pm. Registration forms and recipes must be turned in before the cook's meeting.
4. Contestants are responsible for bringing their own cooking equipment, fire extinguisher, utensils and serving dishes. All chili must be cooked during the cook-off.
5. At registration check-in submit two copies of your recipe typed or neatly printed on 8 ½" X 11", white paper; one with your recipe only and one with your recipe, name, address and phone number. Recipes will not be returned and become property of the Utah State Fair.
6. Entrants may not be professional cooks, chefs, food handlers, culinary instructors, employees of contest sponsors or the Utah State Fair, their affiliates, subsidiaries, families, advertising or promotional agencies. The 2010 first place winner is not eligible to enter for 2011.
7. Only one winner per household or address will be chosen.
8. Judging will be blind. Two 8 oz cups will be provided for judging purposes.
9. Judging will be based on visual appeal (25%), originality (25%), taste (25%), and aroma (25%). Judges decisions are final.
keep it low-n-slow " T "
Sponsored by Pit Stop BBQ
Sponsored by Camp Chef & Majestic Meats
Sponsored by Cross Canyon Arms
KCBS Certified Judge
|08-25-2011 05:50 PM
Joined: May 2006
RE: BUDWEISER CHILI COOK-OFF
You can enter the Outdoor Cook-Offs two different ways. The first option is through our online entry program. The second is hand deliver or mail the entry form and payment to:
Utah State Fair
155 North 1000 West
Salt Lake City, Utah 84116
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
to enter online Hand Deliver or Mail Entry Form
Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
|08-26-2011 12:00 AM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)