Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Moon Dog BBQ - Another Winner
stewartr002 Offline

Moon Dog BBQ - Another Winner
I finally got the opportunity to try BBQ at Moon Dog Cafe in Layton, Utah. Man, it was great! We arrived for lunch and discovered that to get a sample of all their meats required being there for dinner. However, the manager, Jeremiah fixed us up with a sample of everything they had ready which consisted of brisket, pulled (or chopped) pork, sausage, beans, and slaw. I have to say, it was as good as any I've tasted to date. Sauce, one sweet and one spicy, and beans were excellent too. Can't wait to go back and try their ribs and chicken. Jeremiah took us out back to show us that they were cooking on the smoker and invited us to come back to taste them. Moon Dog's does some excellent BBQ. I highly recommend you give it a try. It's located on Hill Field Road (Layton Mall exit off I-15) just West of the freeway on the North side of the road (close to Savers and across the street from WalMart).
Randy

Randy Stewart
"Utah BBQ Org. & KCBS Certified Judge"
Green Mountain Grill Jim Bowie Pellet Smoker
Smoke On!
09-01-2011 05:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

RE: Moon Dog BBQ - Another Winner
Thanks for the review Randy.

I don't get out that way all that often, but it sounds good enough to add to the list of 'must do's' sometime, and drop off on a trip North.

Do you know when they are open by any chance?

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
09-01-2011 05:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stewartr002 Offline

Chris,

Here's the hours:
Mon-Sat 6 am - 9 pm
Sun 6 am - 2 pm
Accepts Credit Cards:Yes
Attire:Casual

I just read some of the reviews on the Yelp sight and they were really harsh initially. I guess they have improved from Apr-May until now as what I experienced was excellent BBQ and service. Now, I do have to admit that what we had was non-standard for lunch as Jeremiah fixed a sampler dinner that was "not on the lunch menu". I'll have to get in there for dinner to round out my experience.

Randy

Randy Stewart
"Utah BBQ Org. & KCBS Certified Judge"
Green Mountain Grill Jim Bowie Pellet Smoker
Smoke On!
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2011 06:29 AM by stewartr002.)
09-02-2011 06:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Big Johnson's BBQ Offline
Managing Member

Moon Dog's is vending @ Smoke on the Hill Sept 30th-Oct 1st!

Pit's & Spit's 3060 - Yoder Comp BBQ Cart YS640!
KCBS Certified Judge

Sponsors:
Wasatch Front Winnebago
(Riverdale Road in Ogden)
BBQ Pit Stop
D&M Meats
09-15-2011 12:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply