Take a look at some of the videos.

Kind of interesting

Phred
03-26-2012 11:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
T Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Interesting Drum smoker
Interesting to see how the barrel has had different waYs of cooking use over the years. Of course we all know about the horizontal barrel cooker made from a split barrel, but Becci and I first saw a vertical cooker about 14 years ago. We were at a drag race in Fallon, Nevada. I went to the concession area to grab a bite to eat, and there was a lady cooking Tri Tip with four barrels. She dumped the charcoals right on the bottom of the barrel with no basket, but it did have a rack. There were no air intake holes which these don't appear not to have either. Interesting, she had the lids cracked about one inch using two flat rocks, and it just chugged along. I was amazed. I often think of her, and her husband who made them for her. Oh by the way the Tri Tip was good. Thanks for posting Phred.
I noticed the area around were the bars go through are a little over sized maybe that's how it gets air, what do ya think?

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Sponsored by Pit Stop BBQ
Sponsored by Camp Chef & Majestic Meats
Sponsored by Cross Canyon Arms
[Image: utahsmoke.jpg]

KCBS Certified Judge

www.Q4UBBQTruck.com
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2012 01:33 PM by T.)
03-26-2012 01:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Phred Offline

RE: Interesting Drum smoker
After looking at a couple of the videos I noticed some holes in the bottom of the drums to pull in oxygen. On the top, I agree with you T, it looks like the air moves out if the holes drilled for the bars, interesting idea. No temperature gages either. Just fire it up and away you go.
03-26-2012 02:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply