Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Free Lunch
T Offline
Posting Freak

Free Lunch
Yo, Tuesday at around 11 am at the Cultural Events Center off Redwood Rd and 3100 s. will be the completion of a Sysco Pitmaster Competition that will start on Monday. Each team will be given a 40# case of Chicken leg quarters, 16 racks of baby's, 4 beef briskets 10-12lb average and 6 pork butts at 7-10 lbs. We will do a regular four meat turn in, but starting with chicken at 9 am. No rules on what type of fuel you can use, gas, electric, Propane whatever. I was told that I guess I'm the only stick burner? My task right now is to pull the cook off using showtime alone. Should be fun and may be able to get some more recruits for the back yard division at Cabela's? What a nice facility, I had no idea it was that huge. I will take some pictures, but anyway they will open the gates to the public like I said on Tuesday. Well gotta finish loading up, see ya down there?

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Sponsored by Pit Stop BBQ
Sponsored by Camp Chef & Majestic Meats
Sponsored by Cross Canyon Arms
[Image: utahsmoke.jpg]

KCBS Certified Judge

www.Q4UBBQTruck.com
05-23-2010 11:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bwinther Online
Managing Member

Re: Free Lunch
Good luck T, Becci and Showtime. I know that you will kick some tail. Sorry I can't be there to cheer you on.

Brian

Brian

HQO
Gotta have it
2013 Utah's Representative to the Jack Daniel's World Championship Invitational BBQ Competition
KCBS Certified Judge
Managing Member
05-23-2010 05:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pitbulls Offline

thanks for the info T I work 5 min away I'll stop by check things out
05-23-2010 09:03 PM
bwinther Online
Managing Member

T

How did things turn out? Just wondering but I don't really know why cause I am sure that you cleaned house.

Brian

Brian

HQO
Gotta have it
2013 Utah's Representative to the Jack Daniel's World Championship Invitational BBQ Competition
KCBS Certified Judge
Managing Member
05-25-2010 08:28 PM
elkski Offline

Well it sure is a nice facility... wow. They even have a little amphitheater . I went as a judge and that meant I tasted 36 different meats. I was full.. That was my only meal of the day.
Not so sure on the official results as there appears to have been a snafu. There was alot of prize money tossed around and the tropies were first rate. 1st was 1k and a nice gold vase on a walnut block base. 2nd was 500$ for each meat but pork was an afterthought and only had 400/200$ It was a very nice event aimed at showing sysco customers ( resturant owners, truck stop owners, etc) what types of products sysco carries so alot of syscos vendors were there and had tastes and such to show case their food products. Unfortunately the judeging started at 9:30 and after I was only able to fit in a few Wasatch beers and some gelato to round our my wonderful sunny day. Very well run judging table with a chef from the Nu skin cafe wiping off our table and taking trash and handing out napkins and such.
They did want the chicken cooked in quarters so everyone used thigh/legs but could only fit 4 in a box. Then after the appearance the sysco staff cut the chicken up but it meant two judges got only legs ( usually one end of the table and some were real small.
I needed a day off and it was a fun one.
05-25-2010 09:40 PM
T Offline
Posting Freak

Randy, you crack me up. Good seeing you bro. Get geared up for Fire Water and Ice!

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Sponsored by Pit Stop BBQ
Sponsored by Camp Chef & Majestic Meats
Sponsored by Cross Canyon Arms
[Image: utahsmoke.jpg]

KCBS Certified Judge

www.Q4UBBQTruck.com
05-27-2010 07:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
norm Offline

Randy,
It was nice meeting you. It was a great time. Some great food. I sampled it all 36 BBQ turn-ins. 32? salsas and chips. 12 cheeses, etc. Oh, and the Ice cream and cookie tent. I'd like to say that was my only meal of the day, but I went to work at five. What did they have but "BBQ" chicken Big Grin After dessert, I was almost full. But I have won more money competitive eating than BBQ. It was great to see old and new friends.

M.O.A.B. -the Mother Of All Barbeque
KCBS certified judges
05-28-2010 11:36 AM