Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Two New Items
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

Two New Items
Great news. Say it's 1:00AM, you just got home from working a double and you're hungery for either a yummy Spam sandwich or great BBQ, something you can share with your dog that just woke up. Boy are you in luck! Vienna sausage in BBQ sauce and Spam by the slice, two great foods that can be enjoyed over the kitchen sink or in your car traveling down the roads of our great country.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

"Never Trust A Skinny Cook"
Lang 60
FEC100
WSM
Traeger
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2012 10:47 AM by Larry Jacobs.)
04-19-2012 10:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Phred Offline

RE: Two New Items
Is this a great Country or what?
04-19-2012 04:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
imfree2q Offline

What's next?

Mel Jensen
JensenPit custom BBQ smokers
801-589-7423
Plain City, Utah
jensenpits@gmail.com
Facebook.com/JensenPit

"Dont over think it or you'll ruin it"
04-19-2012 07:51 PM
Dutchovendude Offline
Managing Member

Larry, Try the sausages in Spaghettios. I eat them all the time..... YUMMO!

TUMBLEWEED BBQ
KCBS Certified Judge
Utah BBQ Organization Certified Judge
Email me at: mike@utahbbq.org
WWW.Tumbleweed BBQ.com
04-19-2012 09:09 PM
T Offline
Posting Freak

I like to stir them sausages in with some Top Ramen.

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Sponsored by Pit Stop BBQ
Sponsored by Camp Chef & Majestic Meats
Sponsored by Cross Canyon Arms
[Image: utahsmoke.jpg]

KCBS Certified Judge

www.Q4UBBQTruck.com
04-19-2012 09:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

I know it's hard to believe but a lot of stuff I put on here is just because I hate dead air. This weekend there were no new post for a long time. But those dumb little Vienna sausages have a place in my heart.
For maybe 20 years I worked from 3PM till 11PM at the railroad. When I'd get home at 11:30 the only member of my family that was still up was my golden retriever Raja. We would sit on the front porch each night sharing a can of those things with a plastic fork. She knew that I got the first one then the next was hers and so on. The only way to get them out is with a fork so the one I would give her, she would carefully take by the end so as not to touch the fork.
Towards the end I placed the cans low on the shelf in the garage so she could pick them up and bring them to me at the porch. I hope they have Vienna Sausage in heaven because I know she's waiting for me.

Lang 60
FEC100
WSM
Traeger
04-19-2012 11:39 PM
Pigout Offline

Larry your a funny dude...I too remember when I was a younger and my mom would make us spam sandwiches with mustard, we loved those things. I bet its been a least 30 yrs. since I've since eaten one of those sandwiches and it sure does bring back a lot great memories...summertime lunches on the back porch with a tall glass of cheap lemonade...those some good times...Smile

"BBQ so good it's time to Pigout"
04-20-2012 06:02 AM
imfree2q Offline

(04-19-2012 11:39 PM)Larry Jacobs Wrote:  I know it's hard to believe but a lot of stuff I put on here is just because I hate dead air. This weekend there were no new post for a long time. But those dumb little Vienna sausages have a place in my heart.
For maybe 20 years I worked from 3PM till 11PM at the railroad. When I'd get home at 11:30 the only member of my family that was still up was my golden retriever Raja. We would sit on the front porch each night sharing a can of those things with a plastic fork. She knew that I got the first one then the next was hers and so on. The only way to get them out is with a fork so the one I would give her, she would carefully take by the end so as not to touch the fork.
Towards the end I placed the cans low on the shelf in the garage so she could pick them up and bring them to me at the porch. I hope they have Vienna Sausage in heaven because I know she's waiting for me.

Nice story.. I have a little guy I do some of the same things with. He's my buddy and love him to death. I know she's waiting for you Larry maybe she's holding the Viennas just waiting for you to open the can!
Great story this made my day and put a big smile on my face!!!
have a good day!! Big Grin

Mel Jensen
JensenPit custom BBQ smokers
801-589-7423
Plain City, Utah
jensenpits@gmail.com
Facebook.com/JensenPit

"Dont over think it or you'll ruin it"
04-20-2012 07:27 AM
Three4Que Offline

Loved the story Larry and I'm sure Raja is there waiting for you with a Vienna can held gently in mouth and tail wagging away!

My mom used to grind up the Spam with sweet pickles and mixed it together with mayo to make a yummy sandwich spread. Tasted best when made into a grilled sandwich using homemade bread and chunks of cheese.

KCBS Certified Judge Smoking on UDS, WSM and Kingsford Grill
Smokin' Critters BBQ Team
04-20-2012 09:40 AM
Dutchovendude Offline
Managing Member

Back in the days, My family would guide folks from other states on deer hunts. The Vienna sausages were one of the snacks most loved by the hunters and were requested if we didn't automatically bring them out. When it was cold up on the hill, we would often sit by a small fire to watch the hillside. We would pop the top on a can of sausages and a can of pork and beans , then sit them next to the fire. Soon they would be a warm snack of beans and wieners for the tummy and a great conversation item for them for years to come. Another always requested favorite item on opening day eve was Dutch Oven Beans and Wieners. It was always requested and they always asked for the recipe. We would always tease them and tell them it was a secret recipe and and secret ingredients in them. Finally we could not take it anymore and "spilled the beans" on the recipe. We told them all it was is a can of pork and beans and a package of cut up hot dogs put in a dutch oven and left to simmer awhile which thickened them up. The surprise in their faces was priceless and we still laugh about it today. I sure miss those fun times!

TUMBLEWEED BBQ
KCBS Certified Judge
Utah BBQ Organization Certified Judge
Email me at: mike@utahbbq.org
WWW.Tumbleweed BBQ.com
04-20-2012 11:01 AM
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

Larry The Cable Guy shared a recipe called "Beanie Wennie Casserole " that was pork and beans, BBQ sauce, cut up hot dogs in a casserole dish with Jiffy Cornbread mix spread over it. really a dumbed down dish that taste great.

Lang 60
FEC100
WSM
Traeger
04-20-2012 03:39 PM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Thumbs Down RE: Two New Items
Spam & V. Sausages.....yuk.

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
04-20-2012 04:40 PM
vbtjvt Offline
Banned

My Grandpa and me ate alot of spam sandwiches over the years, My whole family hates spam but for me it reminds me of Grandpa, He past away last september so now I eat them alone and think of all the good times we had.
04-20-2012 06:58 PM
LH1440 Offline

Jeff, my grandpa was the same way. He love a fried spam sammy with mayo. Its still a favorite of mine. My kids think its just nasty......MORE FOR ME...Smile

When Pigs Fly BBQ Team
Kise SmokerSmile
And on the 8th day the Lord created BBQ!and he called it the BEST!
04-23-2012 11:23 PM
in2dfire Offline
Banned

Vienna sausages and spam are life savers. . . I always have them in my grip just in case dispatcher thinks its necessary that we work a 17 hour shift . . . Going dead on a locomotive without enough food is the shits. . . My dog Remi just loves those things if its in a can she comes running when she hears the can top pop. . .
04-24-2012 06:14 PM