Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tooele County Wild Horse and Heritage Days BBQ Competition
pwheeler Offline

Tooele County Wild Horse and Heritage Days BBQ Competition
Big Grin Hello all you BBQers out there! This is just a reminder that I am still looking for judges and contestants for the Tooele Wild Horse and Heritage Days BBQ Competition. Time is getting short. Only 7 weeks left before the BIG Event. Register now! Got to wildhorseandheritagedays.com and click on the BBQ Contest link to get to the registration form and all th details. Call me if you have questions. 435-277-2409, or 435-830-4845.
Some of you have expresses an interest, but I have not received your registration yet. Don't forget to get that in to me.

Just wanted to let you all know about the other great activities at the Tooele Wild Horse and Heritage Days Festival, besides our wonderful, and most important event, the BBQ Competition.
This event will feature the 14th Annual Utah Wild Horse ad Burro Festival Adoption, Horse Pulls and Ranch Rodeo, and Horseshoe Tournament. There will be entertainment featuring local talent, and Cowboy Poet Baxter Black! There will also be demonstrations, vendors, and kids activities. You won't want to miss a single minute of this entire event. For all the details, go the wildhorseandheritagedays.com.
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2012 08:20 AM by pwheeler.)
04-23-2012 08:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HDBBQ Offline
Keep your Pig Smiling

RE: Tooele County Wild Horse and Heritage Days BBQ Competition
Come on Gents 38 days left before this event! hope to See a bunch of our BBQ Brothers out here for this event! SIGN UP Today! I know Patty is working hard at making this a fun event for us all!

James Parr
H&D BBQ TEAM
Sponsors:
Snider Bros Meats
BBQ Pit Stop
ALLREDY Canopies
Jensen Pit Custom BBQ Smokers

http://www.hdbbq.net
04-30-2012 09:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Razcals Ribs Offline

I'll be there Just got to get my form out to you Patty

if it moves salute it,if it don't paint it, if it is dead BBQ itCool
3 UDS
1 Nat Off Set Smoker
04-30-2012 09:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pwheeler Offline

(04-30-2012 09:20 AM)HDBBQ Wrote:  Come on Gents 38 days left before this event! hope to See a bunch of our BBQ Brothers out here for this event! SIGN UP Today! I know Patty is working hard at making this a fun event for us all!

Thanks for promoting this event for me. I am working very hard to make this a fun event for everyone. There will be activities going on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, for the entire family. Games and contests for the kids, horseshoe throwing, rodeos, wagon rides, wild horse show and auctions, and Baxter Brown will perform Friday night. A swimming pool is onsite, so if the family gets bored they can go swimming while you sweat over the coals.

I hope to see a bunch of you there. Registration information on the website wildhorseandheritagedays.com. Click on the BBQ cookoff link at the top of the page. If you have questions, please email me at patty.wheeler@usu.edu, or call me at 435-277-2409.
(04-30-2012 09:36 PM)copytech0 Wrote:  I'll be there Just got to get my form out to you Patty

Great, looking forward to meeting you. You can get your form online at wildhorseandheritagedays.com under the BBQ link at the top of the page. I'll watch for it.
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 05:14 PM by pwheeler.)
05-01-2012 05:14 PM
pwheeler Offline

Hi guys.
I've just been give a deadline for registration for the Tooele County Wild Horse and Heritage Days BBQ Competition. The board would like all registrations in by May 17th! Sorry for the short notice.
Those who are interested but haven't sent in your registrations forms yet, please get them in to me ASAP. I can run your credit card on a date you specify. You can get the registration forms at wildhorseandheritagedays.com, click on BBQ cookoff. If you have any questions please email me at patty.wheeler@usu.edu, or call me at 435-277-2409, or 435-830-4845. Looking forward to having you come party with us!
05-02-2012 05:50 PM
Pigout Offline

What is the payout schedule like? Pro vs. Backyard, I don't see anything on the website. Just wondering how it works with IBCA?
Do you have to be a member of IBCA to compete? Again I've never had any experience in competing at any level...

"BBQ so good it's time to Pigout"
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2012 12:08 AM by Pigout.)
05-03-2012 12:02 AM
pwheeler Offline

(05-03-2012 12:02 AM)Pigout Wrote:  What is the payout schedule like? Pro vs. Backyard, I don't see anything on the website. Just wondering how it works with IBCA?
Do you have to be a member of IBCA to compete? Again I've never had any experience in competing at any level...

Hi! Great to hear you're interested in competing. You do NOT have to be an IBCA member to compete. You can compete as a Pro or Backyarder since you've never competed in a pro contest before.

The payout schedule is on the website. Go to wildhorseandheritagedays.com and click on the BBQ cookoff link at the top of the page. About mid page here is a link for the payout schedule.

The Pros entry fee is $150. The payout is: Grand Champion $1000 with trophy, Reserve Grand Champion $500 with trophy, First Place $250 with trophy, Second Place $150 with trophy, Third Place $100 with trophy, Fourth Place $75 with trophy, Fifth Place $50 with trophy, Sixth through Tenth Place certificates.

The Backyarders entry fee is $50. The payout is: Grand Champion $150 with trophy, Reserve Grand Champion $75 with trophy, First Place trophy, Second Place trophy, Third Place up certificates

Special Categories: Cook's Choice fee$20, prize is trophy, Ride the Wild Side fee $20, prize is trophy, People's Choice has no fee. The prize money is 1/2 of money collected from votes for each competitor.

Both Grand Champions and Reserve Grand Champions, all First, Second, and Third Places in the Pros, and First Place in the Backyarders will receive a certificate for free entry into the 2013 BBQ Competition.

The Winner of the Pros of this contest may also be eligible to enter the Jack Daniels and the American Royale competitions.

IBCA has 3 meat categories with longer turn in times for judging. KCBS has 4 meat categorie, with shorter turn in times for judging. KCBS allows garnish, IBCA doesn't allow garnish.

You can email me if you have further questions, or call me on 435-277-2409 or 435-830-4845 (my cell). I look forward to receiving your registration form. Please note that the registration deadline is May 17th.Sad
[/color][/i]MAY 17TH REGISTRATION DEADLINE[i][color=#FF0000] for Tooele County Wild Horse and Heritage Days BBQ Competition. Please get your registrations to me ASAP. I can run your credit card at a later date, it that is a problem. Call me if you have questions. 435-277-2409 or 435-830-4845 (my cell).
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2012 10:52 AM by pwheeler.)
05-03-2012 10:49 AM
HDBBQ Offline
Keep your Pig Smiling

Nice Money thanks for update Patty

James Parr
H&D BBQ TEAM
Sponsors:
Snider Bros Meats
BBQ Pit Stop
ALLREDY Canopies
Jensen Pit Custom BBQ Smokers

http://www.hdbbq.net
05-03-2012 11:12 AM
pwheeler Offline

(05-03-2012 11:12 AM)HDBBQ Wrote:  Nice Money thanks for update Patty

The response from sponsors for the entire event has been good. We hope to have bigger prize money in 2013! But you have to start somehwere, right?
05-03-2012 11:31 AM
Pigout Offline

Video RE: Tooele County Wild Horse and Heritage Days BBQ Competition
Fantastic thanks for the information, sounds like a lot of fun and good times!Tongue

"BBQ so good it's time to Pigout"
05-03-2012 09:00 PM
LH1440 Offline

Thanks for the info Patty. I will mainl the registration in the morning.

When Pigs Fly BBQ Team
Kise SmokerSmile
And on the 8th day the Lord created BBQ!and he called it the BEST!
05-04-2012 05:38 PM
LH1440 Offline

Changed my mind, I'm faxing it at this monment to avoid any lost mail problems...Smile

When Pigs Fly BBQ Team
Kise SmokerSmile
And on the 8th day the Lord created BBQ!and he called it the BEST!
05-04-2012 07:11 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tooele County Wild Horse and Heritage Days BBQ Roster pwheeler 50 7,925 06-11-2012 11:37 AM
Last Post: pwheeler
  REGISTRATION DEADLINE DROPPED FOR WILD HORSE BBQ IN TOOELE pwheeler 1 1,131 05-18-2012 10:10 PM
Last Post: BBdoesQ