Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
1st Annual Coalville City BBQ Bash1-Day Competition - $15,000
WRBBQ Offline

1st Annual Coalville City BBQ Bash1-Day Competition - $15,000
[attachment=595]

Hello everyone:

WR Pro BBQ Series is excited to announce the 1st Annual Coalville City BBQ Bash 1-Day competition with a prize fund of $15,000.00!

All competition sites have electricity (up to 30 amps), water hook-ups, and sewer hook-ups. Plus the site size itself is 50x20. Wow, huge spots, no walking to get water or dumping grey water! What more could you ask for?

So come on out and enjoy the weather and a great weekend of BBQ.

All the information you need is on our web-site or you can directly email us @ wrbbq7@gmail.com and we would be more than willing to send you the information you need.
WR Pro BBQ Series/Coalville City BBQ Bash

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend and we look forward to seeing you all in a month.

Tom Duncan JR
05-29-2012 02:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
glenntm Offline

RE: 1st Annual Coalville City BBQ Bash1-Day Competition - $15,000
Shaping up to be a great event. Can't wait for our first event in Utah...
05-30-2012 01:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
glenntm Offline

I hope to meet some of the Utah team at this event. Get signed up and lets make it EPIC....
06-10-2012 05:46 PM
T Offline
Posting Freak

See ya there bro!

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Sponsored by Pit Stop BBQ
Sponsored by Camp Chef & Majestic Meats
Sponsored by Cross Canyon Arms
[Image: utahsmoke.jpg]

KCBS Certified Judge

www.Q4UBBQTruck.com
06-10-2012 08:57 PM
Desert Magnolia Offline

I'm going to post this in the shop. I got a few that come in will want to know if there is a back yard div?

@ 85 gallon trash cans drilled and ready for action!!
Rub Q Long Time BBQ Team
KCBS member
06-13-2012 02:56 PM
Razcals Ribs Offline

(06-13-2012 02:56 PM)Desert Magnolia Wrote:  I'm going to post this in the shop. I got a few that come in will want to know if there is a back yard div?

No Back Yard Div.

if it moves salute it,if it don't paint it, if it is dead BBQ itCool
3 UDS
1 Nat Off Set Smoker
06-13-2012 03:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WRBBQ Offline

Teams,

We are getting down to the wire on this event. We have lowered the entry fee to $250.00 for a KCBS sanctioned, $15,000 prize fund pay-out.

We have only 5 Utah teams signed up and we would like to know what we need to do to get Utah support? WR Pro BBQ Series prides itself on building events that pour into the community, help out various charities and help promote bbq. We measure our success on how much we can give back!

We would love to add a backyard division next year if we can get enough teams for the pro division this year.

The future of events in Utah and the sponsor dollars that we have received to pour into the Utah BBQ community need your support.

Thank you and we look forward to meeting all of you when we come to Utah next week. We are looking forward to enjoying your beautiful weather!

Regards,

Jennifer & Tom Duncan JR
WR Pro BBQ Series/Whiskey Ranch BBQ
480-209-9685 - Tom's Cell # (Please feel free to call him direct)

Tom Duncan JR
06-19-2012 08:02 PM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

The main reason I am not able to cook this contest is the money / time issue.

I don't have enough of either at the moment to take part, wish I did, but I don't.

When it was the $350 for two events, even though I'm almost local:
It was $350 entry.
It was 2 x $150 for meat for the two contests.
It was the $50 in diesel to get there and home again.
It was the other odds and ends $100 or so.

Total for 3 days 55 miles away from home $800.

Cost of the mortgage for the month, just less than $800.

So that's what I spent the entry fees and running costs for this competition on this month, then when I'd already paid out that money, the news broke that it was changing from a 2 contest event to a single contest event, saving $150 for the meat prices, then last week the price was dropped by the $100, an action I applaud you all for, I had committed the other funds that I might have used to attend this contest, or the event at Tooele 2 weeks ago, (I also had things I was committed to on that weekend so I was in a time crunch I could not get out of), to other things!

I suppose like many, I should get off my butt and go out and see if I can get sponsorship from lots of places, so I can BBQ every time I want, there was the Tooele contest, Coalville, Heber, (cancelled), Wyoming x 2, Craig Colorado, Grand Junction Colorado, Mesquite NV, Idaho x 2, Huntsville, Layton Hills, and one or two more were all on my wish list for this year, I might make it to 1 in Idaho, and finish out the year at Huntsville, I'm not even sure about Layton Hills!

A cheap contest is about $500 if it's local, there were at least 13 I would have gone to if I had the money... and the time, I'd be in the hole a minimum of $6,500 and a maximum of around $11,000.

I hope that there are enough to make the contest worth your and everyone else's time!

I'm sure there are others in either the same boat or a similar craft, with the way the economy has run the last couple of years.

Good luck to all those that are able to compete at this contest, and to continue to be able to compete at others!

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
06-19-2012 11:06 PM
crashpilot
Unregistered

Jennifer and Tom,

I'd like to second what soezzy has said. He lays out a VERY compelling arguement and I echo most of his reasoning. Bottom line, in its initial conception you created a very expensive contest to compete in.

A double cook was a little bit too ambitious for me as a weekend bbq warrior.
06-20-2012 07:46 AM
Quote this message in a reply
WRBBQ Offline

Thank you for your responses. We understand your reasoning and the situation with the economy these days. It has been tough on everyone. Undecided

The initial thought by everyone putting this contest together was to save the teams money on gas, lodging, etc. with holding a double contest in one weekend. We still believe this is true but have been listening to the competitor's suggestion's and changed it back to a one day. Teams having a hard time with work schedules, summer vacations, etc.. This was the reasoning for changing it to a one day contest.

We both thank you for explaining things thoroughly and we hope that we can see you at the next contest. Wherever that may be! Good luck out there bbqing and keep safe on the roads!

Regards,

Jennifer & Tom Duncan JR.
WR Pro BBQ Series/Whiskey Ranch
480-209-9685 - Tom's Cell #(You can call him direct)

Tom Duncan JR
06-20-2012 09:22 AM
WRBBQ Offline

Hello Teams!

Tom just got off the phone with the Mayor of Coalville, UT. There is a tremendous amount of activity, in upwards of 6,000+ in attendance expected at this event. So we are putting a call out to teams that are not competing that would like to participate in people's choice to the public on Saturday. We would need to hear from anybody interested in the next 24 hours.

Tom's Cell: 480-209-9685

Thanks,

Tom

Tom Duncan JR
06-25-2012 05:26 PM
Razcals Ribs Offline

is there a cost just to go and watch ? If it doesn't I'm in

3 UDS
1 Nat Off Set Smoker
06-25-2012 05:42 PM
WRBBQ Offline

There is an entry fee of $250.00 to compete in the competition but no fee to get into the event the day of. Which means, on Saturday you can walk into the event and look around and participate.

Does that answer your question.

Tom Duncan JR
06-25-2012 05:44 PM
Brdprey Offline

when should the public show up. im going to see if i can meet some of you, and ask stupid questions. im also there to gawk at your rigs.
and bring my boss (wife) so she can see what the big dogs play with.
06-29-2012 07:26 AM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

There are going to be teams up and cooking from late tonight right through the morning.

Come on by as soon as you've breakfasted in the morning, but please understand that if a team is in the middle of a process that takes time and concentration, they my ask you to leave and come back a little later, not that they don't want to talk BBQ, just that they are there for the contest and that's going to come first!

Have a great time, hope to see you up there!

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
06-29-2012 12:11 PM
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

The last turn in will be 12:35. After that things loosen up real good.

"Never Trust A Skinny Cook"
Lang 60
FEC100
WSM
Traeger
06-29-2012 05:48 PM
Razcals Ribs Offline

It was a great day learned a lot about how the Judging at a KCBS BBQ competition Goes. It was Fun being a table Captain much BBQ the Eat

3 UDS
1 Nat Off Set Smoker
06-30-2012 03:33 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Fifth Annual $100,000 USA Barbecue Championship Smokegal 11 2,814 08-27-2013 11:53 AM
Last Post: SoEzzy