Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cabela Remote Temp Sale
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

Cabela Remote Temp Sale
Cabela's is running a sale on the Oregon Scientific remote thermometer. I have gone through four Mavericks which had very limited range. I've been using two of these Oregon units for the last year and they are at least double the range of the Mavericks. I use one in the meat and another with probe standoffs for the oven temp. I payed $85.00 each but Cabela has them for $49.99. They claim 330 feet and with a clear shot, that may be true.
05-18-2010 07:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Re: Cabela Remote Temp Sale
I have two of them also. But OS told me they can't be used at the same time cuz of the same frequency output. With in the range that is. :?

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
05-18-2010 09:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

They may be on the same freq. but they have thier own signal ID. so you can work many at a time.
05-18-2010 10:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Many thanks for that info sir. I'll dig out the other one and give it a go next time.

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
05-19-2010 01:00 PM
Desert Magnolia Offline

Just be careful at cook offs, or places where there are a lot of people cooking. The range is nice, but, the guy next door liked mine so much he got one. Now if we are cooking at the same time i never know if I'm seeing my temp or his. Discovered this after i had just put on a butt and 20 min later i looked and it was 165 Big Grin sadly i dont cook hot enough for it to have been there yet lol Sad

BDS 1 BDS 2
Rub Q Long Time BBQ Team
KCBS member
05-28-2010 09:42 AM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

I dug the both of mine out and after doing the closer than 5' reset on #2 they worked well together. I had 'em side by side and didn't notice that false read like you said yours got or that OS told me would happen. :?
I was cooking a butt and 2 flats at the same time monitoring 1 brisket and the butt. How do you like the talking feature? "It's nearly done" or "it's done".

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
05-28-2010 10:45 PM