Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pay It Forward: The Smokehouse
Pigout Offline

Thumbs Up Pay It Forward: The Smokehouse
Saw this while watching KUTV tonight and thought I would share...They haven't posted the video yet but a pretty amazing story...Big Grin

http://www.kutv.com/news/features/pay-it...tml?wap=0&

(KUTV) This week’s Pay It Forward goes to “The Smokehouse” in Orem.

Paul Kuhn, the owner, has been feeding people for 30 years. Now, he’s using his talent to feed the souls of others.

Paul recently bought the barbeque joint on University Parkway in Orem. His main purpose for buying the restaurant is to provide jobs for those with disabilities.

"It's a necessity. First, they need to work, not only for the money but their own personal self esteem," Kuhn said.     

"BBQ so good it's time to Pigout"
06-06-2012 10:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
imfree2q Offline

RE: Pay It Forward: The Smokehouse
(06-06-2012 10:43 PM)Pigout Wrote:  Saw this while watching KUTV tonight and thought I would share...They haven't posted the video yet but a pretty amazing story...Big Grin

http://www.kutv.com/news/features/pay-it...tml?wap=0&

(KUTV) This week’s Pay It Forward goes to “The Smokehouse” in Orem.

Paul Kuhn, the owner, has been feeding people for 30 years. Now, he’s using his talent to feed the souls of others.

Paul recently bought the barbeque joint on University Parkway in Orem. His main purpose for buying the restaurant is to provide jobs for those with disabilities.

"It's a necessity. First, they need to work, not only for the money but their own personal self esteem," Kuhn said.     

Ya i seen that great story!!

Mel Jensen
JensenPit custom BBQ smokers
801-589-7423
Plain City, Utah
jensenpits@gmail.com
Facebook.com/JensenPit

"Dont over think it or you'll ruin it"
06-07-2012 02:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
T Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Pay It Forward: The Smokehouse
I have known Paul for some years now when he worked for Sysco. He is an accomplished chef and, worked in business development for Sysco. The wife, and I met with him several times, and this is where I saw the honesty, and passion the man had for others. After seeing this clip I would have not expected anything less. Thanks Paul for being you, and you are an angel. T and Becci!

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Sponsored by Pit Stop BBQ
Sponsored by Camp Chef & Majestic Meats
Sponsored by Cross Canyon Arms
[Image: utahsmoke.jpg]

KCBS Certified Judge

www.Q4UBBQTruck.com
06-10-2012 11:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply