Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dig up the hachet
T Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Dig up the hachet
Simple math nothing from nothing = nothing! Have a great week all.

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Sponsored by Pit Stop BBQ
Sponsored by Camp Chef & Majestic Meats
Sponsored by Cross Canyon Arms
[Image: utahsmoke.jpg]

KCBS Certified Judge

www.Q4UBBQTruck.com
06-11-2012 12:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
rstone Offline
Banned

(06-11-2012 10:05 AM)tex-mex Wrote:  
(06-11-2012 12:45 AM)Rod Livingston Wrote:  [quote='SoEzzy' pid='31765' dateline='1339364373']
Knock it off everyone, can't we just get along... it's competitive BBQ for goodness sake!

Well said, it was a great weekend for all that competed and for all that walked. Everyone there congratulated the winners and those that walked and we competed as friends and teams.

What a shame to a wonderful weekend to have someone stir the pot. Lets all go on to Coalville and compete in the same manner that was done in Tooele.

I had not competed in over a year , I did not go to cook as any member of any organization, I went there to cook for myself !
I had a great time met some new people , and saw some old friends also. Not one time did I hear " remember its us against them"
So I am amazed that the bickering I left two years ago is still happening.
Think I will go cook in Montana an Texas......................Smile

Omar a Big congats on your 1st place Chiken and to Jesse too for his ribs!
06-11-2012 01:25 PM
Find all posts by this user
Big Johnson's BBQ Offline
Managing Member

Omar will be back... He had to much fun busting on me & drinking free whiskey! I thought the whiskey would throw him off on his chicken but it didn't work... Gonna have to try something else next time!

Congrats to all the winners! ALL the WINNERS! I clapped, high fived, gave out pounds & verbally congratulated everyone I could at the awards! Just as it should be! But I did want to win the GC and take 1st place in every category at the comp! That should be every Teams goal! To sweep a contest for themselves...

In the end, in my opinion, Teams are usually competing for their team name or to help promote their BBQ business... Not a BBQ organization. Teams just want to win... Hell, I want to win every time I compete, that's part of why I compete. But I also enjoy all the aspects of the competition & the comradery of all the other guys and gals who are out their spending their hard earned $$$ in Competition BBQ! The end goal is to be able to move up to the next level & compete at the Jack, Memphis, Royal or even at the Sam's Club Finals & Win a National or World Championship. That would only elevate their Team Name not a website or regional organization. In my opinion, BBQ Organizations should just be their to make BBQ bigger and better in their area.

My personal goal is to try and help to make BBQ bigger in Utah and our surrounding states, help create and organize some fun contests, get me new pit finished, teach other folks some of the limited knowledge I have in BBQ to help get them involved in Comp BBQ & kick all your guy's butts at Coalville! Just sayin! But I do and will always wish your Teams luck at every contest, big or small... Because I am going to try and cook at all the comps I can afford to go to!

Cheers to all!

Pit's & Spit's 3060 - Yoder Comp BBQ Cart YS640!
KCBS Certified Judge

Sponsors:
Wasatch Front Winnebago
(Riverdale Road in Ogden)
BBQ Pit Stop
D&M Meats
06-11-2012 02:01 PM
pwheeler Offline

This is all new to me, as a contest organizer. I'm very disappointed to read all this crap. Are we not all adults? Why are some so touchy that a small meaningless remark should spark such ugly words. I met all you guys that came to Tooele. I didn't see any insignia on anyone's forehead that labeled them UBBQA or IMBBQA, or anything else. No one talked to me about being either one. So...what's the problem? I don't see anyone that way, and I don't want anyone to expect me to.

I had a great time and made many great friends. I want to continue to organize these competitions. But I will not let my competitions be labeled. So, if you want me to play in your sandbox, grow up! I'm talking to all of you who were offended by James' remarks, or who felt a need to respond with ugly words. If you are proud of your organization, that's ok. That should be respected. But you are all part of a larger organization, those who love to BBQ. So... surprise, you are all on the same team. So let's act like it and be friends. Continue to share your passion for BBQ with each other, and bury the hatchet.
06-11-2012 05:04 PM
tex-mex Offline

(06-11-2012 05:04 PM)pwheeler Wrote:  This is all new to me, as a contest organizer. I'm very disappointed to read all this crap. Are we not all adults? Why are some so touchy that a small meaningless remark should spark such ugly words. I met all you guys that came to Tooele. I didn't see any insignia on anyone's forehead that labeled them UBBQA or IMBBQA, or anything else. No one talked to me about being either one. So...what's the problem? I don't see anyone that way, and I don't want anyone to expect me to.

I had a great time and made many great friends. I want to continue to organize these competitions. But I will not let my competitions be labeled. So, if you want me to play in your sandbox, grow up! I'm talking to all of you who were offended by James' remarks, or who felt a need to respond with ugly words. If you are proud of your organization, that's ok. That should be respected. But you are all part of a larger organization, those who love to BBQ. So... surprise, you are all on the same team. So let's act like it and be friends. Continue to share your passion for BBQ with each other, and bury the hatchet.

Patty did you get the pics , I sent to you as a pm on this site...........omar
06-11-2012 05:12 PM
pwheeler Offline

(06-11-2012 05:12 PM)tex-mex Wrote:  
(06-11-2012 05:04 PM)pwheeler Wrote:  This is all new to me, as a contest organizer. I'm very disappointed to read all this crap. Are we not all adults? Why are some so touchy that a small meaningless remark should spark such ugly words. I met all you guys that came to Tooele. I didn't see any insignia on anyone's forehead that labeled them UBBQA or IMBBQA, or anything else. No one talked to me about being either one. So...what's the problem? I don't see anyone that way, and I don't want anyone to expect me to.

Patty did you get the pics , I sent to you as a pm on this site...........omar

Got the pics. They are great! Thanks.
06-11-2012 05:39 PM
Farrier Offline

Just because you arent aware of the history didnt make it less real to those that do the comments werent about your competition they were about the ideas of them and us the problem is that those meaningless careless remarks show an attitude that continues the same old chit. If its not a them and us situation why pick those works to say? If its all about sharing in a love of bbq why did James choose to define a seperation not a conection.

Quote:I had a great time and made many great friends. I want to continue to organize these competitions. But I will not let my competitions be labeled. So, if you want me to play in your sandbox, grow up! I'm talking to all of you who were offended by James' remarks, or who felt a need to respond with ugly words. If you are proud of your organization, that's ok. That should be respected. But you are all part of a larger organization, those who love to BBQ. So... surprise, you are all on the same team. So let's act like it and be friends. Continue to share your passion for BBQ with each other, and bury the hatchet.

Who labeled your competition?
If its just one of my small meaningless remarks that caused you to react with such strong words, you are showing its a prime oportunity that those small meaningless remarks do effect people. Ugly words for ugly people, its more than 4 years of history and theirs no way it will vanish with the morning due, if you just want acting i dont think their will be any oscar winning performances for the next year or two, those that act like a friend to your face and stab you in the back when talking to other people are not the sort of friends i need. better to treat them like the people theyve shown that they are and have nothing or at least the minimum to do with them. Now perhaps instead of letting this post die naturaly someone else should tell me what opinion i ought to have and how i should or must behave, sorry Soezzy youre comments are excempted.
06-11-2012 06:25 PM
Member closed account! Offline
Eating Enthusiast

Anybody who knows James, knows he ment no harm. He's a good guy, and is passionate about BBQ and Utah BBQ as a whole.
There are a lot of new up and coming teams here in Utah. And frankly we don't really care about your fued or past history.
06-11-2012 06:45 PM
tex-mex Offline

(06-11-2012 06:25 PM)Farrier Wrote:  

Just because you arent aware of the history didnt make it less real to those that do the comments werent about your competition they were about the ideas of them and us the problem is that those meaningless careless remarks show an attitude that continues the same old chit. If its not a them and us situation why pick those works to say? If its all about sharing in a love of bbq why did James choose to define a seperation not a conection.

Quote:I had a great time and made many great friends. I want to continue to organize these competitions. But I will not let my competitions be labeled. So, if you want me to play in your sandbox, grow up! I'm talking to all of you who were offended by James' remarks, or who felt a need to respond with ugly words. If you are proud of your organization, that's ok. That should be respected. But you are all part of a larger organization, those who love to BBQ. So... surprise, you are all on the same team. So let's act like it and be friends. Continue to share your passion for BBQ with each other, and bury the hatchet.

Who labeled your competition?
If its just one of my small meaningless remarks that caused you to react with such strong words, you are showing its a prime oportunity that those small meaningless remarks do effect people. Ugly words for ugly people, its more than 4 years of history and theirs no way it will vanish with the morning due, if you just want acting i dont think their will be any oscar winning performances for the next year or two, those that act like a friend to your face and stab you in the back when talking to other people are not the sort of friends i need. better to treat them like the people theyve shown that they are and have nothing or at least the minimum to do with them. Now perhaps instead of letting this post die naturaly someone else should tell me what opinion i ought to have and how i should or must behave, sorry Soezzy youre comments are excempted.
Why excempt Soezzy, he was not even a competitor, while I respect his opinions , he wasn't in the game.............
Not sure who you are Farrier, but you seem to lean towards UBBA, I could care less, I try to stay out of the "Mines bigger than yours" crap
I am there to cook an possibly get a walk , I never asked anyone sat. new friends or old , what Association they belonged to , because I do not care !!where is the Moderator of this site he should close this thread down !!!!!!

omar / Tex-Mex / Lone Star
I sign all my posts
06-11-2012 06:59 PM
T Offline
Posting Freak

Okay guys and girls, This is really great, a few weeks from what might big a big one for the state and look at us. I made a post awhile ago hoping that this would all come to an end. After Packerbacker posted I replied with "Simple math nothing from nothing = nothing! Have a great week all. Obviously the meaning was not clear. I guess I should have said "if you do not reply to the chit, it should go away", that's what I meant. Now what do ya wanna do!!!!!!!!!!!

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Sponsored by Pit Stop BBQ
Sponsored by Camp Chef & Majestic Meats
Sponsored by Cross Canyon Arms
[Image: utahsmoke.jpg]

KCBS Certified Judge

www.Q4UBBQTruck.com
06-11-2012 07:02 PM
Farrier Offline

(06-11-2012 06:59 PM)tex-mex Wrote:  Why excempt Soezzy, he was not even a competitor, while I respect his opinions , he wasn't in the game......
where is the Moderator of this site he should close this thread down !!!!!!

omar / Tex-Mex / Lone Star
I sign all my posts

i excempted Soezzy because he is the moderator! duh
ill sign my posts to.
Farrier / Ahole / No Name

sorry T im gone.
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2012 07:11 PM by Farrier.)
06-11-2012 07:10 PM
Thread Closed