Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dig up the hachet
Farrier Offline

Dig up the hachet
Quote:H&D BBQ Team
14 hours ago via mobile
Well H&D officially took our first Comp call today We took 10th in brisket!! Then 13 ribs and 14 chicken Sad but its improvement and we got our first call outta the way now. Congrats to our IMBBQA brothers R&R BBQ for there GC and 3rd over all and Trevor Johnson of BAM BAM BBQ for the RC. IMBBQA Sweep 1,2,3 and my 10th brisket!

Congradulations on your first call!
Its a pity with all the hard work that has been done by T and R&R to try and settle bbq in Utah back in the groove, there are still those that want to split contests in this state to a them and us fight. I heard that many excontestants quit because of the attitude of them and us that happened with all the shit that got talked on both sides of the fence when the breakaway happened. Yeh for us and FU to the other crew, lets dig up the hatchet and take a stand in this BBQ civil war and start to crank it all back up again!
There were hopes that competitons would become a meeting ground for ALL competitive bbq teams, but if this is the prefered attitude being expresed, i dont hold out much hope for competitive bbq in Utah, Idaho, Nevada and other parts of the Rocky Mountain area.
Draw some lines in the sand and lets all get it on!
Didnt realise that the IMBBQA was competing against anyone else at the Wild Horse, perhaps you all should have let everyone else know they needed to pick a side so they could represent! Respect should be a two way street, and from what i see in this comment, not only is their no respect but their is no foundation to build respect on.
Ra ra the IMBBQA sweep away the chances to bring bbq in Utah back to a competitive base!

Posted here and on the imbbqa site!
06-10-2012 12:37 PM
Find all posts by this user
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

RE: Dig up the hachet
Congratulations to the IMBBQA for the victories. I guess it should go with all the success they've had organizing and operating contests, holding CBJ classes, cooking at charity fund raisers, teaching public cooking classes, setting up booths at public events to promote back yard BBQ,................Oh, wait, that's UBBQA..........never mind.

"Never Trust A Skinny Cook"
Lang 60
FEC100
WSM
Traeger
06-10-2012 01:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Trever Offline

Im to a point out of the loop on most of what you are talking about. Im speaking for myself here but I havent nor will "choose" a side. A couple of the guys in IMBBQA helped get me into bbq and I will always be their friends and I know a few of the ppl in UtahBBQA as well. I hope Ive been nice and fair to those that support both associations. I wont say that I havent heard trash talking from both sides and If you notice, I dont post much on either site. This drama is not my cup o' tea so to speak. I dont know that Ive met you Farrier but to give you an honest unbias opinion of your post you seem hypocritical to me... you talk of hopes of "burying the hatchet" so to speak but then fuel the fire with a post like this. As far as I know IMBBQA nor UTAHBBQA were not competing against each other. IMHO there are those in both associations "looking" to be offended... Lets just cook folks. Ill shake anyones hand and cheer for anyone that takes the time and money to come out and cook. The more cooks the better.. the more contests the better... and in my opinion the more associations the better... it just raises the bar and the outreach for folks to get into the hobby. I do understand it can be an atmosphere for jealousy and contention but it doesnt need to be. Choose to be offended or choose not to be. Light a fire and cook Wink

Anyway Congrats to eveyone that cooked, those that walked and am proud of those that took their first plunge into competitive bbq. I met some really good folks and had a great time.

Its not relief society.... its BBQ Wink... have fun!!
06-10-2012 01:15 PM
Farrier Offline

I dont think weve ever met Trever, and Ill agree that its a bit hypocritical but where do we air these items out if we dont do it on the two sites. Steps have been taken by many, but it shore looks bad when things like the face book comment get made its also out there and appears to be the attitude thats lived by. I dont know another way than to point it out to each side the choices, and youve made a good point that the two associations were not competing against each other, kinda what I was also tring to say to!
06-10-2012 02:30 PM
vbtjvt Offline
Banned

Wow a new team posts a message of excitment and congrats and you little children get your panties all in a bunch?? If I remember correctly all 3 teams are members of both sites. So someone forgot to mention UTBBQA, Damn the world must be coming to an end. GROW UP and stop trying to kill BBQ in Utah Sorry Farrier but all I see you doing is talking needless crap.
06-10-2012 02:42 PM
HDBBQ Offline
Keep your Pig Smiling

Wow you really going to troll my facebook when I just send congrats. And if you really trolled all my facebook post you would have also seen I went to each one of the Utahbbq guys and congrats them as well as said it was fun to cook with them.. whats the big problem here really? Why does there have to be a fued in the first place my god.....How is this any diffrent then one guy likeing one football team and another guy liking another team but yet their still friends and can watch the game when these teams play against each other cheer for their team talk a little smack but at the end of day be best of friends... This is a stupid post and you really have nothing to do but troll a new team around?

James Parr
H&D BBQ TEAM
Sponsors:
Snider Bros Meats
BBQ Pit Stop
ALLREDY Canopies
Jensen Pit Custom BBQ Smokers

http://www.hdbbq.net
06-10-2012 02:55 PM
Razcals Ribs Offline

Amen to that

if it moves salute it,if it don't paint it, if it is dead BBQ itCool
3 UDS
1 Nat Off Set Smoker
06-10-2012 02:55 PM
vbtjvt Offline
Banned

well said HDBBQ
06-10-2012 02:57 PM
Farrier Offline

Steve I didn't troll your face book page i read what you said and made a comment here and there. so there was not going to be a dissapearing post problem if id just trolled your face book youd have deleted it without thought god forbid this post makes anyone really step back and think on things that get folks panties in bunch, maybe one or two. you must have missed the first line of my post as once id quoted your face book post i didnt waste any time before i offered my congradulations, oh well theirs no pleasing some people!
06-10-2012 03:33 PM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Knock it off everyone, can't we just get along... it's competitive BBQ for goodness sake!

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
06-10-2012 03:39 PM
HDBBQ Offline
Keep your Pig Smiling

Dude we are all good I'm not even trying to have beef with anybody on either side okay. And second my name is not Steve its James and if you would come hang out and meet me like some of the utah guys already have you would see I have no problems with any side. In fact the Utah guys I have met with we had a great conversation and good laughs. And if your not a FB troll why would you even start this post? What was your poinr in this.. try and through a new team under the bus,start up a fire again I mean really bro? And yes I did see your first line thanking me for the call. And thank you sir. I juat can't believe this really went down like this. Look to all Utah BBq guys.... THERE IS NO BEEF! You Guys are all awesome and I respect each and everyone of you guys! If you ever think other wise please come meet me,talk me hell if you want call me (801) 634-0990 there is my cell I will tell you right now there is no problems I just want to hang out and cook with all. The way I see it there is nothing wrong with one side or the other I choose to go one way as others have their own. So because of that we can hang out or all be good friends? I did not know BBQ was like gang wars?
Sorry for the couple typos there. Trying to answer on my phone and caused a couple typos

James Parr
H&D BBQ TEAM
Sponsors:
Snider Bros Meats
BBQ Pit Stop
ALLREDY Canopies

(This post was last modified: 06-10-2012 03:53 PM by HDBBQ.)
06-10-2012 03:45 PM
LH1440 Offline

Let's all try to play nice in the big sand box!...Smile

When Pigs Fly BBQ Team
Kise SmokerSmile
And on the 8th day the Lord created BBQ!and he called it the BEST!
06-10-2012 04:01 PM
WTFmarinade Offline

I have no idea either Trever what folks are talking about here, but H & D, R & R, & Bam Bam...thanks for welcoming WTF into the fold! It was a heck of a challenge. In retrospect, Backyarders would have been the venue for us to truly try out our marinade. We could have worked with equipment for which we had experience. However, on the other hand, Grillmaster Ed took 10th for his ribs (I gotta add...I think my rub concoction helped...lol), 13th in brisket...omg...really? Can't believe we placed in that, and 15th I guess overall??? lol.

In any case, we were able to meet fun and great folks like yourselves, and we hope to do it again. We need a forum where it can be a kind of "cooks choice" so we can do steak & chicken. That is where this marinade works best.

Congrats to all of you! Thanks for sharing your tips & advice. See ya soon!
06-10-2012 04:06 PM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

I was really happy to see you guys get a call on your ribs!

WTG WTF for stepping into the bigger challenge of the Pro division, I think you gave it a great shot for a first attempt.

You had at least 1 point so I'll check but you might have been out of last slot, any team that didn't score will be below you.

Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
06-10-2012 04:15 PM
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

James, I think the problem is spelled out in your last post that keeps saying the "other side" and "Utah guys". As for as I'm concerned in a BBQ contest there are no pusher cars like in NASCAR. Everyone there is out for a walk and they must stand on their own. At the end we applaud the winners, give the losers a pat on the back, and go home thinking what we could do better next time. What pushes someones button is when they read the next day:
Baptist - 3 Mormons - 2 or Blacks vs Whites or stick burners vs pellet burners etc, etc.

IMBBQA or UBBQA did not compete, people did. Until you make a contest where you split the parking lot in two and have equal number of teams on each side combining their skills to turn in one entry, saying there was a sweep will only put everyone else down.
Now, you're pretty new and may not be aware of all the facts but my advise would be to get some cooking time under your belt before you start putting teams on the "us" and "them" lists. You're bound to have more fun in this great hobby and respect as a good pitmaster will come in time.
One final note: the post I wrote earlier today was not meant to put IMBBQA down. It was a sarcastic reminder that contest cooking is not all there is to belonging to a BBQ club. Creating the contests, training the judges, putting boots on the ground at charity fund raisers, teaching the public, fielding dozens of phone calls from the public are all part of a good club. Did you know that UBBQA paid members spent all day last Saturday raising $1500 for Primary Children's Hospital? Probably not because no one here was giving yelling "We're Number One".
I hope to see H&D team walk often and when I do, I will be applauding you, not you the club. Until then, Semper Fi

Lang 60
FEC100
WSM
Traeger
06-10-2012 04:54 PM
HDBBQ Offline
Keep your Pig Smiling

Larry I thank you for comments and take them into the highest of value. I also did know that you guys did that and respected and commented on the fact and even offered to come be a extra pair of hands to come help.

James Parr
H&D BBQ TEAM
Sponsors:
Snider Bros Meats
BBQ Pit Stop
ALLREDY Canopies

06-10-2012 05:09 PM
LH1440 Offline

Well said Larry!

When Pigs Fly BBQ Team
Kise SmokerSmile
06-10-2012 05:27 PM
imfree2q Offline

Good job to everyone who competed!!

Mel Jensen
JensenPit custom BBQ smokers
801-589-7423
Plain City, Utah
jensenpits@gmail.com
Facebook.com/JensenPit

"Dont over think it or you'll ruin it"
06-10-2012 05:31 PM
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

On to Coalville and Freeway Mazda fellows. I would love to join you and maybe someday I can. As for now my skills (other than cooking chicken) are needed on an hours notice so committing to anything is hard. Good luck no matter the affiliation. As for me, since I never received a letter of release, I still consider myself a charter member of Captain Midnight's Secret Decoder Ring Club. I haven't received a message from the good captain since 1957 and then it only said "Drink more Ovaltine", but I am still true blue to the cause and have hope.

Lang 60
FEC100
WSM
Traeger
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2012 06:13 PM by Larry Jacobs.)
06-10-2012 06:13 PM
Rod Livingston Offline
Banned

(06-10-2012 03:39 PM)SoEzzy Wrote:  Knock it off everyone, can't we just get along... it's competitive BBQ for goodness sake!

Well said, it was a great weekend for all that competed and for all that walked. Everyone there congratulated the winners and those that walked and we competed as friends and teams.

What a shame to a wonderful weekend to have someone stir the pot. Lets all go on to Coalville and compete in the same manner that was done in Tooele.

A special thanks to WTF and the other team that went pro to help this make it a qualifier to the Jack and to the teams that pitched in with money to help pay for the additional team to compete.
06-11-2012 12:45 AM
tex-mex Offline

(06-11-2012 12:45 AM)Rod Livingston Wrote:  [quote='SoEzzy' pid='31765' dateline='1339364373']
Knock it off everyone, can't we just get along... it's competitive BBQ for goodness sake!

Well said, it was a great weekend for all that competed and for all that walked. Everyone there congratulated the winners and those that walked and we competed as friends and teams.

What a shame to a wonderful weekend to have someone stir the pot. Lets all go on to Coalville and compete in the same manner that was done in Tooele.

I had not competed in over a year , I did not go to cook as any member of any organization, I went there to cook for myself !
I had a great time met some new people , and saw some old friends also. Not one time did I hear " remember its us against them"
So I am amazed that the bickering I left two years ago is still happening.
Think I will go cook in Montana an Texas......................Smile
06-11-2012 10:05 AM
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

(06-10-2012 03:39 PM)SoEzzy Wrote:  Knock it off everyone, can't we just get along... it's competitive BBQ for goodness sake!

Well as I said before, but in fewer words, I believe a block on a certain persons IP address is in order if he continues.....

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
And yes... I hate Brett Favre
06-11-2012 10:59 AM
LH1440 Offline

Well my team had a great time. We had a 3rd in Ribs and 7th in chicken. Meet some great people. Glad to have met David and Omar. Can't wait for Coalville...Smile

When Pigs Fly BBQ Team
Kise SmokerSmile
06-11-2012 11:27 AM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Blocking an IP is certainly possible, but anyone can reset their IP by turning off their modem for 10 or 15 minutes, banning someone takes more cause than has been presented so far.

The spammers that come on this forum get banned, we don't get many because I take care to vet registrations against some anti-spam websites, those that I miss get banned as soon as I see their posts, banning a person for making comments that upset BBQ in Utah is certainly possible, we all know the history on that one!

Farrier, who ever he / she is, says they didn't Troll H & D BBQs facebook page, they posted here and on the IMBBQ site giving everyone a chance to comment fairly.

Lastly if we banned everyone who ever said something that put someone else's nose out of joint on this site... I wouldn't be here to moderate, and almost everyone else would have caught a ban at sometime or another wouldn't they?

06-11-2012 11:31 AM
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

(06-11-2012 11:31 AM)SoEzzy Wrote:  Blocking an IP is certainly possible, but anyone can reset their IP by turning off their modem for 10 or 15 minutes, banning someone takes more cause than has been presented so far.

The spammers that come on this forum get banned, we don't get many because I take care to vet registrations against some anti-spam websites, those that I miss get banned as soon as I see their posts, banning a person for making comments that upset BBQ in Utah is certainly possible, we all know the history on that one!

Farrier, who ever he / she is, says they didn't Troll H & D BBQs facebook page, they posted here and on the IMBBQ site giving everyone a chance to comment fairly.

Lastly if we banned everyone who ever said something that put someone else's nose out of joint on this site... I wouldn't be here to moderate, and almost everyone else would have caught a ban at sometime or another wouldn't they?

True. Point well taken Wink I just hope this thread has ended.

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
And yes... I hate Brett Favre
06-11-2012 11:40 AM
Thread Closed