Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Smokin' Up Layton Hills BBQ Comp - Information
WTFmarinade Offline

Smokin' Up Layton Hills BBQ Comp - Information
Hey Fellow Q'rs:

Thank you, first, H & D for the info & FB link on this competition. However, I need the rules, or agenda for the event. What I am really looking for are:

What is the meat inspection time?

Is there a campgound attached to the event? We only have a tent.

Is there a people's choice?

I just need some details or a link to a brochure or something. We're practicing and struggling with the brisket, so we want to try again next weekend in competition fashion.

Thanks for your mentoring!!!
07-07-2012 09:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HDBBQ Offline
Keep your Pig Smiling

RE: Smokin' Up Layton Hills BBQ Comp - Information
Standard turn-in times are Noon chicken, 12:30p Pork Ribs, 1:00p Pork Shoulder/Butt, and 1:30p for Beef Brisket.

Backyard turn-in times are 2:00p for Chicken & 2:30 for Ribs!

Awards will be at 4:00p!

in less they change times like in Coalville ( up to the promoter and what else the event has going on )

If I'm not mistaken the comp is in a Car lot parking lot so probably no campsite.

Not sure about PC no mention of it.

Hope this helps Smile

James Parr
H&D BBQ TEAM
Sponsors:
Snider Bros Meats
BBQ Pit Stop
ALLREDY Canopies
Jensen Pit Custom BBQ Smokers

http://www.hdbbq.net
07-07-2012 09:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WTFmarinade Offline

I understand all the turn in times, just wondering when the meat inspection is.

If it's in a parking lot, do folks just stay overnight to do the long, slow cooking of the brisket?

If we can get our meat inspected early on Friday, say the afternoon, then we can get it marinating.

So these are my newbie questions...lol.
07-07-2012 10:43 AM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

(07-07-2012 09:32 AM)WTFmarinade Wrote:  Hey Fellow Q'rs:

Thank you, first, H & D for the info & FB link on this competition. However, I need the rules, or agenda for the event. What I am really looking for are:

What is the meat inspection time?

When you get there and are ready for it, can't do it before you arrive! Tongue

Quote:Is there a campgound attached to the event? We only have a tent.

No campground, bring cot's, or zero gravity chairs and either an EZup or your tent, dry pitch it if you can and bring some sandbags to hold down the corners. There is some grass, (from memory) but it's small and all on slopes!

Quote:Is there a people's choice?

Not been determined yet, it will be brought up on Tuesday night.

Quote:I just need some details or a link to a brochure or something. We're practicing and struggling with the brisket, so we want to try again next weekend in competition fashion.

Thanks for your mentoring!!!

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
07-07-2012 10:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Folks either sit around fire box on someones pit, sleep in their RV or Truck, or just a chair, (been there... done that)!

If you have two on the team, one can stay and watch the pit and the other grabs some sleep, then take turns!

Meat inspection will take place as early as fit's your day, if you arrive in the morning, and are comfortably set up you can be inspected, then or if you don't arrive until right before the cooks meeting 6:00 ish, you meat will be inspected right after the cooks meeting.

The meet inspectors try and work round what you are doing, if the meat was buried inside a trailer in a cooler, and you have to unpack the rest of the trailer first, you get to choose if you want to have to dig it out first, or do your unload and ask them to come back in 10 or 20 minutes.

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
07-07-2012 10:55 AM
WTFmarinade Offline

Thanks SoEzzy for the responses. Now we think we know what to prepare for!!!
07-07-2012 03:51 PM