Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Smoke in the Snake
Pitmaster Offline

Smoke in the Snake
Just a reminder! We are having a $5,000 KCBS cookoff up in Idaho Falls on September 14th and 15th. Should be a good time. Stockman's Restaurant is doing dinner for all the teams Friday night.
Any judges interested please contact Leah from BlueFox Events. Her number is on the flyer attached.
Rob

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Smoke on the Snake Entry Form.pdf (Size: 155.51 KB / Downloads: 25)

Rob Harding
KCBS Certified Judge
http://www.pitmaster-bbq.com
rob@pitmaster-bbq.com
Smokin' on an Austin National Smoker, Brinkmann Professional COS, Man-Weber (27in) & Girl-Weber (22.5in),No Joker Smoker (Drum Smoker)
08-13-2012 09:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pitmaster Offline

RE: Smoke on the Snake
Hey all- now that the Layton contest is in the books, we need you all to come up to Idaho Falls to support our first 4 meat contest in Eastern Idaho. Nick from Big Hole BBQ and I have made more than 30 trips down to Utah to support the BBQ movement and we would love to see you up in Idaho Falls on Sept 14th.
It has taken me three years to get something going and we have $5,000 to give away. A local restaurant that shares the parking lot where we will be is making dinner for us Friday night. Just down the street at the Harley Davidson will be Great White and Slaughter on Friday night. It'll be a parking lot concert next the Walmart.
We only have 7 teams so far!

Rob Harding
KCBS Certified Judge
rob@pitmaster-bbq.com
Smokin' on an Austin National Smoker, Brinkmann Professional COS, Man-Weber (27in) & Girl-Weber (22.5in),No Joker Smoker (Drum Smoker)
08-27-2012 09:20 PM
Razcals Ribs Offline

(08-27-2012 09:20 PM)Pitmaster Wrote:  Hey all- now that the Layton contest is in the books, we need you all to come up to Idaho Falls to support our first 4 meat contest in Eastern Idaho. Nick from Big Hole BBQ and I have made more than 30 trips down to Utah to support the BBQ movement and we would love to see you up in Idaho Falls on Sept 14th.
It has taken me three years to get something going and we have $5,000 to give away. A local restaurant that shares the parking lot where we will be is making dinner for us Friday night. Just down the street at the Harley Davidson will be Great White and Slaughter on Friday night. It'll be a parking lot concert next the Walmart.
What about backyard?????

if it moves salute it,if it don't paint it, if it is dead BBQ itCool
3 UDS
1 Nat Off Set Smoker
08-27-2012 10:21 PM
Big Johnson's BBQ Offline
Managing Member

RE: Smoke in the Snake
Just sent in my entry...

Looking forward to cooking somewhere a little cooler... Can I bring my New Lavender Pit?

Pit's & Spit's 3060 - Yoder Comp BBQ Cart YS640!
KCBS Certified Judge

Sponsors:
Wasatch Front Winnebago
(Riverdale Road in Ogden)
BBQ Pit Stop
D&M Meats
08-28-2012 11:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pitmaster Offline

Calling all cooks!! We only have 7 teams so far and it's next week. We currently have the following teams: Pitmaster BarBQue Company, Big Hole BBQ, Big Johnson's, Big Boy BBQ, and two others. We need 15 teams!! Where is everyone?
Rob
Sorry- no backyard this time.
Rob

Rob Harding
KCBS Certified Judge
rob@pitmaster-bbq.com
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2012 10:00 PM by Pitmaster.)
09-04-2012 09:59 PM
bwinther Offline
Managing Member

Sorry Rob but I have a wedding in Spokane that my wife informed me that I HAVE to attend. So no cooking that weekend. I was looking forward to it. Hopefully next year.

Brian

Brian

HQO
Gotta have it
2013 Utah's Representative to the Jack Daniel's World Championship Invitational BBQ Competition
KCBS Certified Judge
Managing Member
09-05-2012 08:57 AM
Pitmaster Offline

Thanks Brian- Have a safe trip. We need to rally the troops some how.
Rob

(09-05-2012 08:57 AM)bwinther Wrote:  Sorry Rob but I have a wedding in Spokane that my wife informed me that I HAVE to attend. So no cooking that weekend. I was looking forward to it. Hopefully next year.

Brian

Rob Harding
KCBS Certified Judge
rob@pitmaster-bbq.com
09-05-2012 11:16 AM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Sorry we are not going to make it as either Frankenswine et al, or as So Low, not enough shekels in our collective pockets this year, to cook on the Snake.

It's sad as I for one was looking forward to this cook too, after the great reports from last year, it really sounded like one to attend.

Put me down on the list for next year with Brian!

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
09-05-2012 12:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tex-mex Offline

(08-27-2012 09:20 PM)Pitmaster Wrote:  Hey all- now that the Layton contest is in the books, we need you all to come up to Idaho Falls to support our first 4 meat contest in Eastern Idaho. Nick from Big Hole BBQ and I have made more than 30 trips down to Utah to support the BBQ movement and we would love to see you up in Idaho Falls on Sept 14th.

Who's in so far Rob ? let me see if I can rattle my budget a little to see if I can come up there . This was a great event last year !!!
Looks like the Utah Faircook-off may be cancelled due lack of teams , only two registered ................
09-05-2012 05:43 PM
Pitmaster Offline

(09-05-2012 05:43 PM)tex-mex Wrote:  

Who's in so far Rob ? let me see if I can rattle my budget a little to see if I can come up there . This was a great event last year !!!
Looks like the Utah Faircook-off may be cancelled due lack of teams , only two registered ................

Omar,
We'd love to have you. We have ten teams so far. (see earlier post for teams) We have two teams that are waiting to see if we hit 15 before they commit. We need this to be a qualifier. We have the Governor's letter so it is a state championship and qualifier if we can get 15 teams!! We have nice goodies bags, hospitality tent, catered dinner Friday night and she is paying for the judges hotel room. You don't hear that often. We need a few more teams!!
Rob

Rob Harding
KCBS Certified Judge
rob@pitmaster-bbq.com
09-09-2012 10:31 PM
Rod Livingston Offline
Banned

Rob, R&R will be there! Can't wait for this one and you are right, you have been down for many of these contest and your time and effort in organizing this event should see some more teams in it.

Come on teams go get some of that $5,000.00 in prize money.

Thanks

Rob
09-10-2012 11:33 AM
Dutchovendude Offline
Managing Member

Rob, I am trying to work it out to make it up there. What is the latest I can get in?
Who is on the team list now??

TUMBLEWEED BBQ
KCBS Certified Judge
Utah BBQ Organization Certified Judge
Email me at: mike@utahbbq.org
WWW.Tumbleweed BBQ.com
09-10-2012 08:22 PM
Pitmaster Offline

(09-10-2012 08:22 PM)Dutchovendude Wrote:  Rob, I am trying to work it out to make it up there. What is the latest I can get in?
Who is on the team list now??

Mike,
It would be great if you could make it. Thursday would be the latest. Unfortunately, we can't guarantee 100% CBJs. If we are close to 15, my partner Dale will split and cook his first event. Right now we are at 11 that I know of. And some of these are local people that I really don't think have a clue on how to cook a KCBS contest. T has been on the phone rallying the troops- Thanks Brother!!

Rob Harding
KCBS Certified Judge
rob@pitmaster-bbq.com
09-11-2012 10:35 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Smoke on the Snake- Cancelled!! Pitmaster 18 1,132 08-26-2013 09:50 PM
Last Post: NDG
  Smoke on the snake results Curtis Nations 12 1,336 09-17-2012 11:50 PM
Last Post: Big Johnson's BBQ
  Smoke on the Snake Idaho BBQ Showdown 2012 SoEzzy 2 1,670 07-09-2012 08:52 PM
Last Post: SoEzzy