Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
East Coast Problems
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

East Coast Problems
Imagine planning all year to put on the big BBQ contest or cater that big event that's going to put your little company in the black for the year and have some stupid hurricane rain on your parade.
This morning I'm talking with Washington DC on the LDS Church Emergency Response Communications net via amateur radio. May be the only means of communications a lot of communities have before this is all over.
The picture is my bunker at home surrounded by tons of wheat, rice, beans, etc.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

"Never Trust A Skinny Cook"
Lang 60
FEC100
WSM
Traeger
10-29-2012 09:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stewartr002 Offline

RE: East Coast Problems
Holy crap! Nice set-up. Won't let my wife see it or I'll be trying to duplicate it. We already have many days/months of storage. I'm assuming you have the power situation figured out. My son built us a wind turbine power generator that works very well.
Randy

Randy Stewart
"Utah BBQ Org., Florida BBQ Asoc., & KCBS Certified Judge"
Green Mountain Grill Jim Bowie Pellet Smoker
Smoke On!
10-29-2012 12:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pigout Offline

Wheres all the dry rubs and bbq sauces, you may have to get creative with all the traditional wheat, rice, and beans...just saying...also portable smoker isn't that in there somewhere?

"BBQ so good it's time to Pigout"
10-29-2012 06:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Desert Magnolia Offline

After being in my share of hurricanes I would have to ask how much juice does all that pull? I mean if you have a week of gas to keep it going what do you do for the other 3-7 weeks till the power is back on? Where do you keep the huskies and sleds if it is winter storm.

@ 85 gallon trash cans drilled and ready for action!!
Rub Q Long Time BBQ Team
KCBS member
10-30-2012 06:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply