Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Problem With The Freeze Your Piggy's Off BBQ Challenge
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

The Problem With The Freeze Your Piggy's Off BBQ Challenge
I generally don't like to find fault with contests, especially ones that would cause Jesse to slap me down, but......the problem I see is the name...."The Freeze Your Piggy's Off BBQ Challenge'" was not a wise choice. We had great weather up until that event then just as the name forecasted, all heck broke loose. From this point forward IMHO all contests should be named for what the weather SHOULD be. Such as "Pleasant Smoke on the Ridge" or The Warm Your Dry Piggy's BBQ Contest. Even big contest could learn from this like "Cool Windless Mesquite BBQ Contest" or "Wonderful Memphis in May Day". Others already know this secret so they don't put on contests like "Smoke on the Ice Water".
I'm just saying.Tongue

"Never Trust A Skinny Cook"
Lang 60
FEC100
WSM
Traeger
11-10-2012 05:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Desert Magnolia Offline

RE: The Problem With The Freeze Your Piggy's Off BBQ Challenge
Trust me, when my wife told me she wanted to call it the "Freeze your Piggie's off BBQ Challenge" , the first thing that came to mind was, well that's a little wordy. Smile Not that we thought for one second that anyone could be in danger of freezing one single Piggy off let alone more. Had it been the first part of the week "Piggies in the sand" perhaps would have been a better name.

I am happy to report that at last check everyone had each of the piggies they arrived with when they departed. This was not however verified by a medical professional.

@ 85 gallon trash cans drilled and ready for action!!
Rub Q Long Time BBQ Team
KCBS member
11-10-2012 10:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

RE: The Problem With The Freeze Your Piggy's Off BBQ Challenge
But were any of the said piggy's taken home in Ziploc baggies? Wink

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
11-10-2012 10:41 PM