Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rock n Ribs 2011 including the Team List
Gary Nelson Offline

RE: Rock n Ribs 2011 including the Team List
That hunt will probably keep me from gettin that day off. I guess I can't judge at this one either.

Gary
KCBS Certified Judge
UTBBQ Certified Judge
06-14-2011 05:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
elkski Offline

Where are they going to put the BBQ teams?? I went there many years ago and the rigs were all on that one circle street to the South?

Team "Smoke-n-mirrors" its all in the beers.
Life is like the smell of smoking pork. stay in the downdraft and follow the sweet smell., enjoy each bite.
KCBS #9231
06-15-2011 09:23 AM
T Offline
Posting Freak

Everyone needs to know that the folks in charge at the center have worked there buns off along with the new construction improvements to accommodate the teams up top, and on Galivan avenue. The teams up top and bottom should eliminate some of the congestion. This year should be a great event along with free admission for the public. Participating Teams please get your bios in. We need them for promo's. Thanks, see ya there.

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Sponsored by Pit Stop BBQ
Sponsored by Camp Chef & Majestic Meats
Sponsored by Cross Canyon Arms
[Image: utahsmoke.jpg]

KCBS Certified Judge

www.Q4UBBQTruck.com
06-15-2011 10:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

RE: Rock n Ribs
Rock & Ribs Team list.

Frankenswine & Ezzygore, UT
Phil & Lou BBQ, ID
RUB EM' RAW, UT
Big Johnson BBQ, UT
Pitmaster BarBQue, ID
Battle Creek BBQ, UT
Rhythm 'n QUE, AZ
Tumbleweed BBQ

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
06-15-2011 04:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BBQMama Offline

Rock & Ribs Team list.

Phil & Lou BBQ, ID
RUB EM' RAW, UT
Big Johnson BBQ, UT
Pitmaster BarBQue, ID
Battle Creek BBQ, UT
Rhythm 'n QUE, AZ
Tumbleweed BBQ
Smokin' Hot Sistahs, UT

Carla
Smokin' Hot Sistahs Competition BBQ Team
KCBS Certified Judge
***Life's too short to eat bad BBQ***
06-17-2011 01:37 PM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

So are there any Idaho brothers or sisters going to be signing up for the Rock N Ribs this year, $10,000 prize money and only $75.00 entry fees, (spend the other $175 on the gas to get here), I'm a little surprised there has not been more interest yet in this competition!

http://www.utahbbq.org/showthread.php?tid=3512

Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
07-06-2011 01:38 AM
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

(07-06-2011 01:38 AM)SoEzzy Wrote:  So are there any Idaho brothers or sisters going to be signing up for the Rock N Ribs this year, $10,000 prize money and only $75.00 entry fees, (spend the other $175 on the gas to get here), I'm a little surprised there has not been more interest yet in this competition!

http://www.utahbbq.org/showthread.php?tid=3512

It has been a known fact for many years that the majority of Idaho cooks don't take competitive BBQ serious enough to travel out of state to compete. In the last 6 years only 4 or 5 of us ever traveled out of state. As of late, those teams have either stopped competing altogether or have started catering/vending. As Jim said in the BMF thread, we are hard pressed to get teams signed up here for our own contest. Good luck to both organizers, I hope both events are a success!

Dave

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
And yes... I hate Brett Favre
07-06-2011 12:50 PM
bwinther Offline
Managing Member

Chris

Do you have an updated team list? We should be on it. Also, who do we send our bio's to that T requested?

Thanks
Brian

Brian

HQO
Gotta have it
2013 Utah's Representative to the Jack Daniel's World Championship Invitational BBQ Competition
KCBS Certified Judge
Managing Member
07-06-2011 02:23 PM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Rock & Ribs Team list.

Phil & Lou BBQ, ID
RUB EM' RAW, UT
Big Johnson BBQ, UT
Pitmaster BarBQue, ID
Battle Creek BBQ, UT
Rhythm 'n QUE, AZ
Tumbleweed BBQ
Smokin' Hot Sistahs, UT
HQO, UT
Tommy's Texas BBQ, UT

I think they need to go to Cynthia, but I'll check with T and get back to everyone.

07-06-2011 02:28 PM
T Offline
Posting Freak

Yo, team bio's should be sent to cynthia.stone-stringham@slcgov.com These will be used for promotional purposes. Any problems let me know. Thanks guys!

keep it low-n-slow " T "

KCBS Certified Judge

www.Q4UBBQTruck.com
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2011 05:04 PM by T.)
07-06-2011 05:02 PM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Thanks T!

07-06-2011 06:18 PM
LoneStar Smoke Rangers Offline

I have a couple of questions for the Rock n Ribs Comp.

What are the size of each of the team cooking sites?

What time is set up Friday morning?

What time is meat inspection Friday morning?

Are there any non-KCBS catagories (ie) Best Sauce, etc?

Is power provided if needed or do we need our generators?

[Image: Texas-Ranger-Badge1.jpg]
07-06-2011 06:29 PM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

T has a meeting down at the Gallivan next week, and should be able to answer questions after that.

07-06-2011 06:39 PM
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

(07-06-2011 06:29 PM)LoneStar Smoke Rangers Wrote:  I have a couple of questions for the Rock n Ribs Comp.

What are the size of each of the team cooking sites?

What time is set up Friday morning?

What time is meat inspection Friday morning?

Are there any non-KCBS catagories (ie) Best Sauce, etc?

Is power provided if needed or do we need our generators?

Good questions Tony.... I also would still like to know if the china town district has changed as far as the big rigs/motor homes getting in and out easy before and after the comp. is over?? In the past years its always been very limited rv spots
Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2011 10:44 PM by PackerBacker.)
07-06-2011 10:43 PM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

They haven't done anything to Gallivan Avenue, there is still the same amount of room as there always was, teams didn't have troubles other than the teams themselves blocking other teams.

If you are there with your RV, and keep your trailer behind your RV, you can hook up and be ready to roll as soon as you like, and as soon as the road is clear.

People who want to leave first have often been last in, those that want to be first in and first out, are the ones that may have trouble.

The owners and leasers in the buildings still have access and so some sections of sidewalk need to be kept clear, to allow that access to the under ground parking lots.

2009 all the teams that wanted to get gone, were out of there by 6:00 or 6:30, a couple of teams stayed overnight and left Sunday morning because they wanted to.

I checked 2007, 2008 and 2009 and can't see your name on the team lists Dave... when did you last have trouble getting out?

With all the extra space up top, there may well be more room RV's down below, when the teams with a smaller footprint are up on the grassed area, instead of occupying Gallivan Avenue.

The Gallivan Center has improved large areas in order to accommodate the BBQ competition and their other events, we will get images next week then everyone can see what room there actually is for the teams!

07-07-2011 03:07 PM
T Offline
Posting Freak

keep it low-n-slow " T "

KCBS Certified Judge

www.Q4UBBQTruck.com
07-07-2011 08:00 PM
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

(07-07-2011 03:07 PM)SoEzzy Wrote:  They haven't done anything to Gallivan Avenue, there is still the same amount of room as there always was, teams didn't have troubles other than the teams themselves blocking other teams.

If you are there with your RV, and keep your trailer behind your RV, you can hook up and be ready to roll as soon as you like, and as soon as the road is clear.

People who want to leave first have often been last in, those that want to be first in and first out, are the ones that may have trouble.

The owners and leasers in the buildings still have access and so some sections of sidewalk need to be kept clear, to allow that access to the under ground parking lots.

2009 all the teams that wanted to get gone, were out of there by 6:00 or 6:30, a couple of teams stayed overnight and left Sunday morning because they wanted to.

I checked 2007, 2008 and 2009 and can't see your name on the team lists Dave... when did you last have trouble getting out?

With all the extra space up top, there may well be more room RV's down below, when the teams with a smaller footprint are up on the grassed area, instead of occupying Gallivan Avenue.

The Gallivan Center has improved large areas in order to accommodate the BBQ competition and their other events, we will get images next week then everyone can see what room there actually is for the teams!

Thats what I'm getting at.. It is an orchestrated event as far as getting in and out, not to mention the tow vehicle parking being a good distance away ( back in 2006 the last year I cooked it) Maybe things have changed. What I would like to know is can I pull in with a 35' trailer and a full size truck at 12:00? or do I need to be there at 7am?? Cause if thats the case, its not in my plan to leave here at midnight...

I know it tight, I've been there... Just have a bigger rig now

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2011 09:40 PM by PackerBacker.)
07-07-2011 09:35 PM
Frankenswine Offline
Managing Member

I just got a call from T about this event. He spoke to Cynthia and teams can start loading in at 07:00 on Friday morning. The teams that do not have RV's and are using easy ups will be setting up on top, unless that area is filled and then the overflow will set up on galivan Ave with the motor homes.. As for having trouble leaving after the comp. there has always been a 20 foot fire lane that must be kept clear for emergency vehicles to get through so there should not be any problems with leaving after the event. We are also going to concetrate all the motorhomes on one side of the street to make exiting easier.

Doug
07-11-2011 11:14 AM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Rock & Ribs Team list.

Phil & Lou BBQ, ID
RUB EM' RAW, UT
Big Johnson BBQ, UT
Pitmaster BarBQue, ID
Battle Creek BBQ, UT
Rhythm 'n QUE, AZ
Tumbleweed BBQ
Smokin' Hot Sistahs, UT
HQO, UT
Tommy's Texas BBQ, UT
Bam Bam's BBQ, AZ

07-11-2011 12:30 PM
sampson Offline
Posting Freak

(07-07-2011 09:35 PM)PackerBacker Wrote:  What I would like to know is can I pull in with a 35' trailer and a full size truck at 12:00? or do I need to be there at 7am?? Cause if thats the case, its not in my plan to leave here at midnight...

Dave

So Brother Dave, does this mean that you DO have a plan to leave and head this way??? I might be willing to try and get it together if it meant a chance to take the PackerBacker!!!

Rockin' on two 22.5 WSM's, a GOSM gasser and missing them old drums...
KCBS Member and CBJ
Biggest (pound for pound) BBQ Fan in Utah
Two Time!! Grand Champion @ My Backyard Picnic Annual Cookoff
07-12-2011 04:02 PM
T Offline
Posting Freak

Yo Sampson, from the interest and the question asked, you had better get your cookers ready, why else would one be so concerned about the ins and outs?

keep it low-n-slow " T "

KCBS Certified Judge

www.Q4UBBQTruck.com
07-12-2011 04:09 PM
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

(07-12-2011 04:02 PM)sampson Wrote:  
(07-07-2011 09:35 PM)PackerBacker Wrote:  What I would like to know is can I pull in with a 35' trailer and a full size truck at 12:00? or do I need to be there at 7am?? Cause if thats the case, its not in my plan to leave here at midnight...

Dave

So Brother Dave, does this mean that you DO have a plan to leave and head this way??? I might be willing to try and get it together if it meant a chance to take the PackerBacker!!!

Sampson ... If I can pull into china town with 50' of chit at noon, unhook 20' of it and drive it out with out pissing people off. Yes..... But I dont think that's gonna be possible... But haven't been told so

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
07-12-2011 06:38 PM
sampson Offline
Posting Freak

Dave, first off... A real man (me for example) could pull a full size road cruzin' Peterbilt with a 53 footer behind it in there with no problem. Second, I disagree about pissing anyone off. I think that most of the cooks that are booked to be there are pretty nice folks and would help to get you in and out... Sooo, I'll make you a deal. If you'll come down, I'll teach you how to do ribs without the slow cooker and liquid smokeBig Grin Deal???

Rockin' on two 22.5 WSM's, a GOSM gasser and missing them old drums...
KCBS Member and CBJ
Biggest (pound for pound) BBQ Fan in Utah
Two Time!! Grand Champion @ My Backyard Picnic Annual Cookoff
07-13-2011 01:16 AM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Rock & Ribs Team list.

Phil & Lou BBQ, ID
RUB EM' RAW, UT
Big Johnson BBQ, UT
Pitmaster BarBQue, ID
Battle Creek BBQ, UT
Rhythm 'n QUE, AZ
Tumbleweed BBQ
Smokin' Hot Sistahs, UT
HQO, UT
Bam Bam's BBQ, AZ
Utah Smoke, UT
Nations BBQ, UT
Danger Men Cooking, UT
Back Country BBQ, UT
Get You Some BBQ Original, UT
10 Second Rule, UT
Pikeman BBQ, MT

Vending

Tommy's Texas BBQ, UT

07-14-2011 12:57 PM
T Offline
Posting Freak

Tommy Houston of Checkered Pig pulled in the event one year on his way to the Reno cook off, and was down on Gallivan Avenue (China Town), had no problem in or out, and he had a super rig. He has also expressed no concerns about parking, and wants to come back, but had another date. Despite some previous posts, all efforts are being made to make this a great event. We already have 17 teams attending and more to sign up. Would like to thank all of those that support the Utah BBQ Organization events, and we will see ya there.

Lyle Earl, and his son n law are making their debut at the Rock n Ribs as a team , 10 Second Rule BBQ welcome and good luck guys!

keep it low-n-slow " T "

KCBS Certified Judge

www.Q4UBBQTruck.com
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2011 01:32 PM by T.)
07-14-2011 01:07 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Red, White & BBQ Team List SoEzzy 10 427 05-21-2014 06:09 PM
Last Post: Big Johnson's BBQ
  Sams Club Team List for 2013 Dutchovendude 13 1,118 04-02-2013 09:37 AM
Last Post: Big Johnson's BBQ
  Rock n Ribs explanation. T 0 673 04-30-2012 11:07 AM
Last Post: T